Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Marky Marx, The Tainted

Blood +2 Heart +1 Mind -1 Spirit +0
Mortal 0 Night -1 Power 0 Wild* 3
Corruption: 4/5 Armor: 1 (-1 if the source is holy or blessed)
Harm: 0 Faint, 00 Grievous, 00 Critical

Man, Jimmy Two-Toes always reminds me of Joe Pecisi. Probably shouldn't say that or it will turn into that scene from Goodfellas. Seriously, though, it's a spitting image. If he's anything like how he looks, best to stay calm. I'm a little...shaken up from a few days ago and really don't want to go through that again, especially since the Don owes me nothing right now.

Doing a light smack on my forehead for effect, "you're right. I don't know what I was thinking. Got it all mixed-up in my head and forgot who I was looking for. Glad I can count on you to set me straight. The name sounded so much like something Fae that I got all messed up in the head."

Triplets, huh? That could be a good angle to push. Pink Lady? Pretty sure my smartphone can get me there. Should be easy.

Geez, I'm acting like a loving pussy. Man, I got to nut up.

Sigh, nah, just not feeling it. Maybe I'll be lucky and the Triplets will give me some poo poo and make me feel that rage again.

I let out a little pleasantry before heading out for the Triplets. God, "pleasantry?" Jeez, I sound like a loving bitch.

I don't know poo poo about these bitches other than their name and place: best to take some time to dig up some dirt on them. Get some leverage. Perfect for deals.

Investigate Place of Power For Dirt On The Triplets By Checking Around The Pink Lady
@Marky Marx you rolled 4, 4-1 for a total of 7.
On a hit, you know their reputation; the GM will tell you what most people know about them.
Night is now marked.

Covok fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Blood +0 Heart -1 Mind +1 Spirit +2
Mortal 1 Night -1 Wild 2 Power 0
Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 3/5 Armor: 0 Foretelling: 0

Keep your cool: @OKShark (Ashley) you rolled 5, 4+2 for a total of 11.

I'm none too impressed by Cassie's weird stoner friends -- honestly, the fae just aren't my scene. I'm more of a booze and benzos lady; I feel more comfortable around ghosts and witches. And normals, of course. I mean, I try.

And then...

Holy gently caress! Versum! And she's on fire! And I recognize that sword she's clutching, although I never expected to see it in this context.

I grab the sword from Versum's grasp with both hands and lift it awkwardly. It tries to burn me but gently caress you, I am made of similar stuff. "Get back!" I warn Cassie. Then I drag the monstrous thing along the ground, running a circle around the couch. It cuts carpet and the wood beneath like butter. I make a crude circle around the couch that Versum is smoldering on and drop the sword next to it then i slam my palm down on the burnt and smoldering carpet, completing the circle. I'm not a real caster but you don't share a bed with a witch for that many years without learning the basics and a magic circle is the most basic thing there is. I push some Power into it; just enough to put up a feeble barrier around Versum.

Deprived of magic, the magical fire shuts off just like a real fire deprived of oxygen.

"gently caress!" The sword is still burning a hole through the floor but Versum's no longer smoldering, just really, really badly hosed up. "We need booze, stat! For libations. And some expensive food. Drugs too; anything that will make a burnt offering. That's how you heal a god."

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Marky Marx

The Pink Lady is a pain in the rear end to find. It's one of those "secret" clubs that still has yelp reviews. You head downtown, ask around, and eventually find a clean pink door sticking out of a brick faced wall. You learn that it's a kind of high end strip club, a burlesque show where the featured act is different every night. Naked acrobats, snake dances, naughty magicians, whatever. The place is designed to excite and tease patrons. From what Jimmy-Two-Toes said, the triplets are high in the White King's Court, so they don't feed on blood. From the club, you can tell they feed on anticipation. It's high end too, so they got a lot of money to throw around. Given the full house it draws every night despite a big cover and overpriced food and drinks, it's a thriving business. The Triplets must have a good head for money, some kind of protection to hold such a valuable piece of real estate, and a lot of comfort dealing with the mortal world. Not a lot of ideas on what you could offer them come to mind, but this is an ambitious place. That ambition, the desire to do the best, have the best, and be the best, could be something.

The club is closed in the day, the door is locked.

What do you do?

Satyr Apartment Group

I'll let you folks do your thing for a bit

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Versum
As the fire within them dies out, Versum breathes in deeply, then attempts to speak, but cannot. They grimace and wave ashely over frantically, without even trying to sit upright. They seem like they want to say something, but... can't? As she approaches, they inspire her to speak.
"The archangel of death is after me. Ward or circle the sword, he might sense it. Twenty or more gods were cut down; i don't know if all of them will reform. And thank you."

Magnusth fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 27, 2016

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Maxine Wei
Harm / 00 00

“Well, it looks like that’s all we’ll..”

That isn’t what I was expecting to happen next. I stand there, confused for half a second before realizing the living fireball was actually a holy fireball. I don’t bother keeping my composure, finding the spot on the other end of the apartment, crouching slightly behind a nearby recliner. I am definitely growling at the fireball. This isn’t my finest moment.

As Cassie puts out the fire and Ashley starts to shout about drugs, I empty my pockets of a half-dozen pills of various colors. I know it’s MDMA, as does Matt who most likely looks more sad about this than I do. “Could use these for negotiations later, but whatever. Looks like they need the help if blessed inferno isn’t their normal state. Plus, wouldn’t want to see a Sheriff with that in my pocket.”

I toss the pills perfectly to Ashley despite my lack of vision. She does seem.. Different than the rest of the blood bags. Not different like Cassie. Whatever’s inside of me, she can see it too.

Gained an advance from cashing in on Matt, taking Irresistible as my advance.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Jack Chase
Jack begins to say that all he should have to do is turn himself in, but he fumbles his words. As he begins to argue he changes his mind, and agrees, "No, you're right, I should make this right. I'll go over there right now."

The Knights drop him off at the police station. As he enters the building, he looks around inside to try and figure the layout of the place and figure out if there are any blind spots in the building. He goes up to the desk sergeant, "Excuse me, I'd like to turn myself in."

Its a rough interrogation, but Jack tries his best to stick to his story that it was justified self-defense. The woman was shooting in the middle of a crowd of people. He did what he had to, in order to protect himself and everyone else.

Investigate a Place of Power (Police Station)
!Roll 2d6+2
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 6:46 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 6, 5+2 for a total of 13.
Can I ask the best way to sneak in and out of the morgue undetected?

Refuse to Honor a Debt (help the woman's family)
!roll 2d6+1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 6:14 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 4, 1+1 for a total of 6.
Jack chose to honor the debt

Persuade An NPC (Police)
roll 2d6+1
!roll 2d6+1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 6:22 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 5, 2+1 for a total of 8.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 28, 2016

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Martin looks around the bar. It feels like he's in some other dimension. Some twisted wonderland. What's stranger is that it doesn't feel unusual. Perhaps it was because this was his second time. Funny how quick you adapt to your new circumstances. It also helped that he wasn't chaining demons and trying to talk down sword-cane wielding vampires.

"Mr Druford. I'm happy to be able to see you again. I have news about the case. If we could talk somewhere a little more private."

If Druford will take Martin somewhere they can talk Martin takes out his focus. In his hands the shape warps into a briefcase. From the briefcase he draws out the latest paperwork regarding the property dispute. He gives a clinical outline of the developments until it's time to provide his own council.

"Now Mr Druford as you see, both deeds are legitimate in the eyes of the respective eyes of their own draconic litigators and fae court witnesses. Normally we would have a significant advantage in a mortal court due to he precedence of your claim. However since there is no higher court of appeal and he two courts lie in balance with each other the matter becomes one less of legal debate and of negotiation. I happen to be acquainted with Ms Wei and have organised a meeting between the two of you later. This may seem sudden to you but it is actually a significant advantage to us. While I have been working on your behalf for the past week they have started today. This should help us be able to turn the screws in the negotiation a good deal. However like I said we cannot overcome this in a purely legal sense since they will just reject the legitimacy of our claim. Thus the carrot to the stick of precedence and preparation will need to be something you are willing to trade for the deed. The fact is that the territory is in a state of some dispute currently and so has been more of a burden to Ms Wei rather than an asset. If you can offer something that is clearly in her interest to accept while taking away a burden surely she will accept and you will possess both deeds. This will make you undisputed possessor in both courts and factions of the draconic faction. No one will ever be able to question your ownership or title. What do you think?"

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Jack Chase

You're familiar with the Seattle PD. Like a number of police departments, they have a lingering reputation for racism that's being combated on official levels. A number of ops are corrupt on a mundane, everyday level. However, the department works hard to avoid accusations of corruption. This isn't Chicago, the big names in the city bring a lot of pressure to keep everything looking clean. A group of cops, the thin black line work as drat-near your opposite. You protect regular people from the supernatural for a reasonable fee, they protect supernatural things from regular people for a fat payday. These cops are a lynchpin to keeping things like vampire deaths becoming common knowledge, so they have a lot of pull with the supernatural community, and all of their cash gives them a lot of pull with everyone else, too. They aren't the open kings of the hill though, as far as you're aware the chief of police, who was hired from out of town, is straight. Too bad he doesn't know poo poo and cares more about appearance than reality. You know that the corrupt cops would give you free access to the morgue if you're comfortable getting into bed with them. Otherwise you'd likely need some kind of magical help, or be dead. It's in the basement of a police department and the only way down there is through a place bustling 24/7 with cops.

After a long interrogation and some time cooling your heels, the cops seem to accept your story, for now. They're not just going to let you go, of course. This is a homicide case. But it seems like you aren't a danger to others or a flight risk, so you can post bail in 48 hours after you see the judge. They'll give you a phone call. You'll have to do some maneuvering if you want to make bail before that.

--
Martin Beck

Druford meets with you in the back office. He frowns hard at your proposal and finally shakes his head, "why should I have to give anything up? It's my land, I am in the right here! Undisputed you say? If I give that slant-eyed dog-eater with no legitimate claim anything now, every two-bit neonate with a piece of paper will be looking to take a piece of me!" He looks nervous, maybe deflated? He's hiding something.

Satyr Group

You gather up what you can to heal Versum. The smoldering stops. They're still hurt, it will take a few days for them to heal completely, but they've been treated and likely won't burn any more. You still have that sword to deal with, it burns with holy power, a beacon to every angel, and probably a number of demons and other things. Azrael will not suffer its absence for long.

Versum, heal your first box and don't worry about dying from leaving your wounds untended.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 2/5 Corruption
48 hours? Jack can't afford to wait 48 hours. He needs to get out of jail today. His plans are very time sensitive. But who to call? He doesn't want to drag martin into this quite yet, but he knows one other person who could help him at the moment.

"Hello Mr. Liam, I know you probably don't want to talk to me at the moment, but I have a plan on how to get both of us out of this current situation. However, first you'll need to pull some strings to get me out of jail as soon as possible though."

Jack is calling in his debt to Mr. Liam to get out of jail as soon as possible.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf
Stats: Blood 2, Heart -1, Mind 0, Spirit 1
Factions: Mortality 1, Night 2x, Power -1, Wild 0x
Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 2/5 Armor: 0

After I finish patting out the last of the real fire, I respond to Ashley(?)'s proclamation. "Wait, like an angel angel? Jesus..." I mean, I went to Catholic school and all, but I haven't really thought much about that stuff since... you know... high school. I run my hand through my hair, exasperated. I just... don't have TIME for this right now! I say, "We should all should just get out of here. We got what we came for, and you... probably need to go somewhere quiet to recover." I don't have a clue what to do about the sword, but I watch Ashley closely as I say, "Just... do whatever you need to do to the sword and let's just go. Versum, do you need anything else that will take, like, a minute tops?"

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

"Mr Druford, forgive me if I'm mistaken but I get the feeling I don't have the whole picture here. You know I can't represent you unless I understand all the details. What's bothering you?"

Roll figure someone out:
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 9:50 AM
@Apocron - Martin Beck you rolled 4, 1+2 for a total of 7.

Hold 2. Spend 1 to ask "What does your character worry might happen?" since he seems to be nervous about something/

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Jack Chase

You call Liam, he sighs, "nasty business, was hoping my community crime awareness event would not feature an actual shooting fatality. But you put in some hard work for me, dangerous work, work I barely understand, and I owe you my life. I pay my debts."

You cool your heels for about an hour before being brought before a judge, he sets your bail at $1,000,000. Liam must have called in a favor with someone else, or is a lot richer than you thought, because he managed to get it paid. You're free to go with a promise that you'll return for your trial and you won't get in any more trouble until then.

What do you do?

---
Martin Beck

Mr. Druford looks down and shakes his head, not meeting your eyes, "can we... Can we do this without me having to give anything up?" His eyes search around the ratty office and you notice the little cot in the back, obviously being used. His monetary assets were recently unfrozen, so he has a moderate sum of money, around $500,000. Otherwise, you realize, he has nothing to offer. Most of that money is from a recent mundane land sale. Even this bar doesn't seem to belong to him, he was just given a job as a manager due to some nostalgiaic or ironic impulse from the Sewer Baron.

He fears he will sit at the negotiation table empty handed

What do you do?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

"Mr Druford. I can see that you're in financial trouble. But we denizens of this underworld are more than the cash in our pockets, more than the clothes on our backs. You have lived longer than the oldest mortal. You were here when they first called a dusty length of road main street. The way for you to rise from this place to a position of power was never going to be for me to validate the deed you hold by destroying the other. You forged that deed with the drakes and the fae. You held that land until you decided to come here. Tell me Mr Druford. What is it that makes you special? Who or what do you know that no other being in Seattle does? What relationship, truth or plan can we propose to her and show her your brilliance? Help me! Help you!"

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
While he is driving home, Jack stops at a mall and picks up a pair of gloves, and a ski mask He also texts Martin:

quote:

Martin, sorry to bother you again so soon, but I need another favor. Any chance you could teleport me somewhere? If you can, I'll tell you more when we meet up

Jack drives home to his safehouse. After checking out his surveillance cameras and verifying he was alone. Jack calls out the ghost of the woman that he shot today. "Uh Ma'am, I know you are probably angry at me, but what if I told you I could fix things, and you could see your family again, and not as a ghost."

Persuade An NPC
!roll 2d6+1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 9:11 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 3, 1+1 for a total of 5.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Martin Beck

Druford sits down and puts his head in his hands, at first it seems hopeless, but then his head shoots up, "the Dragon!" he shouts, "they've been saying that Thallimax is stirring! She's waking up! Her children may have forgotten, or become confused, but The Dragon of the Mountain can overrule the issue, and she remembers me! All we have to do is wake her up and remind her that I'm the rightful ruler of that land, of all of my land! But..." he looks down dejectedly, "she may remember, but she dislikes being woken early, and when she awakens she demands a treasure worthy of her from all her subjects. She may decide to recognize my claim and then strip me of it, or chose the Usurper over me, if my treasure does not please her"

What do you do?

Jack Chase

The ghost comes to your call. You can see the hatred in her eyes, but she falls to the floor in front of you, prostrate, "you are the Heir of Spirit. You have claimed my soul. I can do nothing but obey."

You can do what you want, but you fear your own soul will never be the same, you risk enormous corruption by commanding the dead.

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

"gently caress!" I massage my throat. "That felt... weird." I'm not sure I entirely like acting as Versum's voice, but the ambiguous little god has been of great help to me. Plus, she's cool. Reminded of that, i break the circle, because I remember that she hates being bound like that.

"Yes," I reply to Cassie, examining the sword from pommel to tip. "This is the sword of Azrael, the angel of death. It features prominently in five of my six worst nightmares. There's nothing in this world, and I'm being very literal and precise there, that can keep Azrael away from his blade. He's already coming for it at the speed of thought."

I take a tentative swing, and cut an end table in half. "Which is a damned shame because I really want one of these." And a little voice whispers in my head that I could take it. Mine, by right of Conquest. There is nothing in this world that I can't lay claim to if I can get my hands on it and I'm willing to pay the price. If I had the crown and bow, there are certain rituals i could do...

But here and now, would that really help Cassie?

"gently caress it," I say, and drop the sword. "We need to get out of here."

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Martin Beck

Your phone rings, it's Jeff on the line. The signal is really bad down here, but you manage to hear his fuzzy voice, 'I've been looking into past cases like this, I think it's more like... Ancient medieval law than current? It's all about recognition from your peers. I managed to sneak a peak at Eric's paperwork. He's been looking a lot at how these deeds are revoked. One big one is an obligation to protect the land from the Liege's enemies. Apparently if someone is remiss in those duties and doesn't reside on the land their claim can be de-legitimized. But, this poo poo is all chaos. There's barely even a body to make a final ruling! What Druford needs is for Miss Wei to back down. For that he needs a carrot or a stick, right? He needs to buy her off or he needs, like, military allies.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 28, 2016

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Ashley Winston

As you turn to leave, you hear cackling fire behind you: Azrael! But he doesn't make a fighting pose. Ashley stands between him and Versum, and he nods over at the god, "have you claimed it as your right? So many petty things concern you, Horseman. What do their lives matter, when all lives will end soon? And do you think I could not heal a bullet wound? Time runs short if you are to stop this Apocalyse and start your own. Or perhaps you would rather save a single doomed woman and let the world burn? If so, that is good. You are beginning to understand your own nature," he disappears.

What do you do?

Cassie

It's 2:45.

What do you do?

Maxine

Holy poo poo! That happened...

What do you do?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
Jack frowns at the prostrating ghost, "Look lady, you might think I'm the Heir of Spirit or whatever, but I don't want to force you to do something against your will. I just want to fix my mistake. There are people out there capable of raising the dead. I plan to go to one of them. Put myself in their debt. You could get your body back and go back to your family."

RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 10:10 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 5, 1+1 for a total of 7.
How could I get your character to agree to be raised from the dead?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Jack Chase

She looks at you suspiciously, "why would you bring me back from the dead when dead I am your slave?" she whispers mournfully.

Keep her with you and show her that your intentions are honest, and when the time comes she'll jump at coming back to life.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei
Harm / 00 00

Fan-loving-tastic. I've been getting poo poo on for my part in the apocalypse by a goddamn horseman of a different apocalypse, and we should probably be half-way across town by now. If these were different times, I'd sit here and throw up a storm at the woman who's been giving me poo poo about my bit in all this, because I thought I was playing a part in some old vampire's revenge, not the goddamn apocalypse. Still, no use digging in.

Still, given that I want to be as far away from this shitshow as possible, I start to walk to the door. "Well, if we're leaving, we should get going. And next time, maybe you shouldn't be throwing stones in your glass house." Okay, no use digging in too much. I mutter under my breath as I walk through the doorway, impatiently waiting for the others. "We've got a name and a place. We can get there fast enough to still have daylight to pull all this off. Unless we want to sit around and contemplate how we're going to all be dead by the end of the night anyways. That was an angel of fire, that'd be scarier if he was still here blocking the door."

I head to the car. Clearly, the psychic still doesn't trust me, but she doesn't have to. I know about her, and what she's got going on. Stories, rumors, whatever. I don't need her to like me. "I'll be waiting."

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Maxine Wei

On your way out you get a phone call, "Hello, this is Eric Schmeichel at GG&S. We understand you were contacted by your former attorney Martin Beck? We advise you to not deal with him directly, I'm sure you are a very busy woman and it is in your best interests to rely on our legal protection. As I understand it, you are currently dealing with a disruption on your property? A disruption that Mr. Druford has in no way addressed? We would like to meet with you and discuss the case if you have the time, but if not that is perfectly understandable and I assure you any appointments you may have made with Mr. Beck are not legally binding."

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 2/5 Corruption
Jack replies, "I have absolutely no interest in having any slaves. Ghosts and other creatures keep on calling me the Heir of Spirit, but I have no idea what that means. Ghosts have been trying to serve me without me doing anything. I was going to try to figure out what the hell was going on before things went to hell."

Jack continues, "As I said before, I screwed up today. When I saw you pointing a gun at me, I just reacted. I want to make things right with you. Although, I must admit that having you walking around would also make it much harder for the police to press charges against me. But I mostly just want to undo the mistake I did."

Finally, Jack looks her right in the eyes, "I'm going to be honest with you. What I plan to do, won't bring you fully back to life, you'll be one of the undead. However, I think you will mostly be able to live a normal life, and I know some people who could help you adjust."

Second Question
How could I put your character in my Debt?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf

Well... an angel popping up and berating one of my friends is probably one of the last things I expected to happen today. At least I'm going to not die bored at this rate.

I cock an eyebrow at Ashley, then say, "Uh, horseman? First off, you're clearly a horsewoman if anything." I nervously laugh at my own joke. Look an angel just popped out of the ground, declaring my friend a rider of the apocalypse(???) and I'm not feeling super witty. So sue me.. A bit of silence passes, and then I say, "So... uh, let's get a move on, right? I mean, time to figure all this nonsense out tomorrow, right?"

As I head for the stairs down, I hear the voice on the other end of the phone Maxine's call say something about GG&S. I butt in, saying, "Is that Martin again? What's he want with you all of a sudden?"

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 28, 2016

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Jack Chase

'I... my children need me. Living or dead."

She's a poor woman. Make sure her children don't go hungry and she'll owe you a debt.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei
Harm / 00 00

At least I can still answer my phone. This should distract me for a little while as the others decide what to do about what's going on. "Well, I don't have time to discuss this in person, but I was staying in Mr. Druford's area and I was the near-victim of an attempt on my life. So yes, I'd say he's not doing a very good job of taking care of the place. As far as what Martin saying not being legally binding, all he suggested was a meeting. Obviously, we will need to have this meeting sooner or later, and given the fact that I've been on the run for the entire morning, I'd prefer something as soon as tonight, if possible. You are very capable lawyers, I was told, so coming up with an understanding of the legalities of this situation should be in your power in the next.. Oh, six hours?"

I give Cassie a shake of my head, covering the end of the phone. "My lawyers. Have a property dispute with a Druford. Ever heard of him?" I pause before they think of talking again. "I mean, if you really want to push it back, I guess I can't argue too much. I just don't want to work on this for longer than I have to. I have more important things than discussing contracts, deed and whatever other bullshit there is. If there's a deal to be had, I want to be there for it. If we've got a winning situation, then I want to be there to see this old fossil make way for me. I'm not a patient woman, and I've had a hell of a day. Do you have a time you want to meet?"

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Martin holds up his hands in a slow down gesture.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa."

He looks around nervously.

"Are we even allowed to say her name? From what I know the wyrm is not to be trifled with. Let's keep that as a reaaaaaaaaaally last resort. Okay, so you aren't particularly liquid in your current capital arrangements. As your representation I will go an negotiate with the Winter Court. As your proxy I will work with the Winter Court to gain some advantage against the summer court. This should put you in their favour while simultaneously earning you some kind of boon. We bring the pedigree of your claim, the boon with the court and our legal preparation to the table. From there we gain the deed from Ms. Wei. Consolidate your holdings and establish you once more as a player above ground and you can prepare a treasure for the dragon when she awakes.

What I need you to do in the meantime is help me find my way to one of the ruling Winter Court so that I can act on your behalf. In the meantime I need you to make your way to the GG&S offices. In the sanctum there is a man named Jeff my partner. He has discovered part of the opposing counsel's strategy and I want you to work with him to prepare as much as possible. In particular I understand they are strategizing around the fact that you have not been protecting your territory for the dragon in the meantime so if you can draft up some acceptable reasons why and a business plan moving forward that would be great.

One thing I need to know is that we won't have any more unforeseen trouble.

How does that sound?"

Leading statement is who is pulling your characters strings.

Apocron fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 28, 2016

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Versum

Versum stands, turning their body in midair to right themselves. They walk forwards and try to speak again, to no avail. They follow the others out and then reach out and touch Ashley's shoulder. They look apologetically at her and there is a slight pressure, like a word on the edge of your tongue, something that could be inspiration if they accept it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 2/5 Corruption
"You want me to feed your kids? Ok, I know a nice Chinese place. I can swing by there, and pick up some food for them with enough leftovers to last a couple of days. You can come with me. I know you probably want to talk to your kids but you should stay out of sight." He puts on sunglasses and a baseball cap. "If everything goes to plan, nobody will even know you died."

After calling the restaurant, Jack checks his messages, and saw that Martin said his teleport spell wouldn't work. He replies.

quote:

That's ok. Ill try with the fae than. one of them probably can do it.

Jack picks up the Chinese food, and heads towards the woman's address.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf

Six hours. I think to myself. It's true that I don't have a lot of time...

Wait, Druford. I let out an animistic snarl. "That rear end in a top hat? He was a loving slumlord, draining the life out of everything he owned. Sometimes literally, but most of the time he just satisfied himself with driving families to ruin. Once I got here, I kicked his rear end so hard that he was begging for his life, and I made him swear to clear out of my neighborhood and sell off his properties there."

Then, the wheels click into place. "Wait, you are the people that Martin called me about? Fighting over who gets to own my neighborhood?" I get a sour look on my face and look away, saying, "Could have at least told me. Whatever. Figure that out later."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei
Harm / 00 00

I go back to cover the speaker, blinking my awkward-looking eyes at her. "Haven't had much of a chance to read the fine print, thank you. I got handed a deed to it with my name on it to a vague area of the city that's far enough north that I didn't know it very well. As much as I like you, I'm not just going to give that up for the good of the city, your people or whatever. Plus, if I'm the owner, legally speaking, then I can give you your neighborhood or whatever. It's some feudal bullshit anyways, back from when the Dragon owned the entire city, so it's not like it's that much more binding than being there with your people."

I sigh, reaching around for my sunglasses. I swear I had a pair in the car. "Long story short, this was the Red Lady setting me up to try and start a war. And I'm not going down without making a name for myself out here. I'm sorry, for whatever that means now, that it's happening in your backyard, but I didn't set the battle lines, or any of this in motion. Just an apocalypse, which there seem to be more of than one."

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Since you said you wanted extra material for the morning mega post I decided to make a faction roll in case Druford can't help me beyond introducing me to the fae. Please disregard if not.

Roll Wild faction

RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 1:32 PM
@Apocron - Martin Beck you rolled 2, 1 for a total of 3.

I'm planning to meet up with Jack and head with him if I can't find my way on my own steam.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 2/5 Corruption
The woman's house is in rather serious need of repair. a few of the windows is duct-taped, the paint is peeling, and the front yard is completely wild.

He notices that there aren't any cars in the driveway. He nervously knocks on the door. A teenage girl, who looks to be about 17 years old, answers the door. It was obvious she had been crying. "What do you want?" she asks barely holding back tears. "Hello, I'm Jackson from the Catholic church on Palatine Avenue. We heard about your mother, Sandy, and want to offer our condolences. We also brought this." He holds up the food.

"Mom never really went to church that much, but Beth and Sam were getting hungry, and I didn't know what I was going to do." She takes the food. Not knowing what else to say, Jack kind of stands there awkwardly, before he mutters, "Well, I have to get going now, but feel free to contact us if you need any support." He hands her a card for the Church that Knights of Seattle's headquarters are in. As he walks back toward the car, he hears Sandy whisper "Thank You."

When Jack gets in the car, he notices that Martin sent a text. Apparently, Martin also has business with the fae, and wants to meet up at GG&S. Jack sends back a text agreeing to meet up with him.

Wild Faction roll to find a fae capable of getting him inside the Seattle Morgue
IShallRise -Jack Chase - Today at 12:37 AM
!roll 2d6-1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 12:37 AM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 3, 1-1 for a total of 3.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf

I nod, saying, "Sucks just having poo poo thrown on you like that. Anyway, we'll figure out what to do about this tomorrow. Oh, and in case it comes down to it, Druford's a pretty good swordsman with that swordcane of his." I shrug, adding, "You know, something to watch out for."

I glance back at Ashley, giving her a moment to herself. And maybe to Versum. Honestly, I'm not really sure what just happened with either of them, but they both probably needs a bit to collect themselves. Hope she doesn't take too long, though. I whisper, "So, uh, that horseman thing. You know anything about that?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Marky Marx, The Tainted

Mortal 0 Night* -1 Power 0 Wild* 3

Welp, the door's locked. The place will open at night, could just come back when it opens. That'd be the easier thing to do, but, drat, was I hoping these bitches would give me an excuse. God drat, I feel dead. Well, I guess I did die.

gently caress.

Sigh, I can just come back in the cover of night. That's for the best. Easier to deal with people when they don't consider you a crook. Besides, I know some poo poo on them. Wouldn't say I got leverage, but at least I got an angle to push tonight. The police chief is probably at his office right now. poo poo, who is the chief. Feel like I've dealt with that guy before.

I'll think about it on the drive over there.

Put A Face To A Name
@Marky Marx you rolled 5, 2 for a total of 7.
On a hit, you know their reputation; the GM will tell you what most people know about them.
drat, hoping for a 10 on that. Oh well.
Mortal is now marked.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I glare daggers at the Angel of death as he slowly fades away. What a dick. He knows how hard I work to keep people from knowing what I am.

I feel the tingle of an intangible hand on my shoulder and look up at Versum. "Thank you."

Then I go forth, where Maxine and Cassie are whispering about me. Well, Maxine is mostly just passive-aggressively bitching, but Cassie looks spooked. So i square my shoulders and walk up to them. "Yes, I'm the first horseman of the apocalypse. The White Rider. Yes, it's horsewoman, but nobody knows what you're talking about when you say it like that. No, I'm not happy about it. And as you can tell from the way the Apocalypse hasn't happened yet, I'm not doing my job. I don't want the world to end." I glare at Maxine, "which is why the powers that be are pulling in ringers and dupes to get it done."

"I realize that this is kind of a big loving deal, but we don't really have time right now, so you each get one question, and that's it. Go. And ask while we travel."

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Versum
While they drive, at a lull in the conversation, Versum reaches out and touches Ashley, gently inspiring her to speak, if she chooses to follow the inspiration.
"Thank you, all of you. I will go to my church, soon, but i would like to remain among friends, for now. I am vulnerable. Azrael or others may seek me out... where are we going?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf

Yeah, ok, I feel kinda like poo poo right now. I have no reason to distrust Ashley, and considering she's sticking her neck out pretty far for me right now, I'm basically looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I scratch behind my ear, embarrassed, "Uh, sorry. It's just surprising, you know?" Then, I wave my hand in a dismissive gesture, trying to push the offer of a question and the conversation as a whole off until later, saying, "Look, I'd be poo poo out of luck without your help right now, and that's more than enough for me right now. If you wanna tell me all about it tomorrow, I'll bring a bottle of whatever you want."

As I head to the car with everyone, I look over to Versum, and give a brief rundown of the lovely day, ending with, "So, now we're headed go look for some changeling who slipped the collar. Probably won't be too dangerous at the bar, though."

I look around and add, "Seriously, though, this guy might bolt as soon as he sees the collar. Do you have a scarf or something in your car, Maxine?"

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Ashley

You get a feeling of impending doom. Heal a gunshot wound? It comes to you that Azrael healed Michelle Petit, and she may soon be headed to break another seal. But dealing with that may mean abandoning Cassie.

What do you do?

Maxine Wei

"Absolutely," says the lawyer, "we would be happy to meet you at any time or place to discuss the matter in private."

What do you do?

Cassie

You make your way to the Blue Moon Cafe.

Perhaps because it's in the university district, it's open at 3:20 and half full of patrons. No music yet, looks to be mostly artsy college students having a drink and a chat between classes. There's a casual atmosphere and and quite a bit of dead animal memorabilia, not typical Seattle decor. As soon as you enter, you smell them: A wolf pack! Four people, two men and two women, sitting at a bench & table in one corner, looking like they've been here a while and don't plan to leave anytime soon. They perk up a little, like they smelled you too, and the pair with their backs to you turn around to get a look. The thin man with hipster glasses in the corner seat cautiously raises a glass at you.

There is a scarf or whatever, so I'm assuming you hid the collar.

What do you do?

Versum

You feel a bit of power returning. Someone is praying to you, but it's a little different. They're using your name, but honoring you with a lyrical rap backed with music for a small audience. The god of this kind of performance was destroyed by Azrael.

You could reject this influence, or accept it, expanding your domain and healing one wound immediately.

What do you do?

Martin Beck

A cunning smile slowly drifts unto Druford's face, "yes, well, I am not without strategems of my own. You'll find little trouble from the Sewer Baron... Or the White King. Soon a great enemy of mine, and of the Dragon, that Jade Mutt Bitch, will be made an example. Don't you worry, I may be living here for now, but I have acted to defend what is mine. As to my allies in the Winter Court, the Goblin King has favored this tavern with a visit before he begins the Hunt. He should still be out there along with his little friends, the thin thing, can't miss him.

Druford is a double agent, his strings are being pulled by the Sewer Baron and the White King

As you approach, The Goblin King shimmers to a slightly more human form.

"Sit, Wizard, and speak your desire." He's idly drinking some kind of foul concoction and playing with a long, thin knife.

What do you do?

Marky Marx

You head into the police station. Many of the cops recognize you as a celebrity. A few as a person of interest in an ongoing homocide case, others as a favored son of Mr. Marconi. Regardless, they let you pass without trouble. You know that the Harry Malcom was hired on last year after serving for many years as assistant police chief in Detroit. He has a strong anti-corruption background and is known for cleaning up a famously racist police department. Really, he's just very good at PR and hiding dirt, not getting rid of it. Actually purging corruption makes for scandals, finding a scapegoat and then doing community outreach and bullshit sensitivity programs gets you headlines. He's also getting old and only made police chief a few years before he can retire from the force.

He looks up at you and blinks, surprised that they just let you into his office, "Um, hello Mr... Marx was it? My granddaughter is a big fan of your music. How can I help you?"

What do you do?

Jack Chase

You find yourself being dragged into a ballroom by two centaurs after being jumped by what must have been a dozen Fae. Sitting cross legged on the stage is an enormous tree-man-thing? On its head sits a great crown of flowers, tiny spirits dance along it, giving its various branches a windy motion even indoors. It eyes you contemplatively, "why have you intruded on this meeting of the Erlking's Court?"

What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Marky Marx, The Tainted

Mortal* 0 Night* -1 Power 0 Wild* 3

Best to put on my salesmen face: the ol' celebrity charm. Fact is, to this guy, I just look like a stupid kid who gets by on his looks and his music. gently caress, I think I might actually be older than him. If nothing else, he's confused as gently caress. No idea why I was let in so easily: poo poo, I usually exaggerate for effect about how a celebrity is a god in the his country, but I constantly get proved right those. Those fuckers!

...that was forced. Just not in me today. For the best, this guy wouldn't go for that.

"Hello, Mr. Malcolm." I take a seat in front of his, "I'm here to sell you on something. I'm planning something big and having the endorsement of a real crime fighter would make things soar. Don't think I don't know, you're always over the news about how you keep corruption out of our police forces," I have to hold back the urge to laugh at that bullshit, "and that has some pull among people, you know? My big plan might not just get you famous, but give you a nice retirement to boot."

I let my words hang for a bit and the moment I see him want to talk and stop him with my own words. "Now, I know you want to say: what is the plan? Who are you? Get out of my office? But, please, give me a moment. I have a plan that will not only make your name all over the news, make people respect your legacy, but make your legacy feel further way."

Let It Out
@Marky Marx you rolled 5, 4 for a total of 9.
On a hit, choose 1 and mark corruption
Take +1 forward on your next roll
Corruption is now at 5
Get Corruption Advance
Chose Just Below The Surface
Corruption reset at 0

Jumping right off my last word, I let a little bit of the contract come early, so to speak. It looks like a smog filling the room and engulfing the chief. Flashy, but the door was closed anyway. Besides, I think the Don loves the infernal feel of it all. I used to too: just not feeling it anymore.

Regardless, once the smog clears, the chief looks like he's twenty again. It's the best face-lift you could ever hope for. Turning on a mirror app on my smartphone, I show him his new reflection.

"Like it? It's you, but twenty years younger. This is just an illusion, but I can make it real. You just have to agree to sign this contract and work with my boss. You get youth, you get a bunch of arrests, and you just have to turn a blind eye to what my boss has planned. But, hey, that's chump change in comparison to what you're getting."

I let him stare for a bit before going, "But, if you want to stick to your morals." I let the illusion fade slowly; he can see the wrinkles returning, his eye setting in deeper, and his hair falling out. I let it sit on him what the ravages of age have done to him and how I can make all that a funny memory.

"Do we have a deal?"

Persuade An NPC
+1 forward from the Let It Out
@Marky Marx you rolled 5, 3+2 for a total of 10.
On a hit, they do what you ask.

"Just sign on the dotted line. And, of course, you can't expect your youth back until the job is done."

• Locked thread