Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Smiles coldly as they finally manage to work their way around the various parries and thrusts of pacts. Naturally each party wants the most from their opposite while offering the minimum of their own risk. The stakes themselves set Martin's heart racing. One wrong preposition and he could be a golden apple the Goblin King could feast on every day for a thousand years. One wrong adverb and he could find his skin spread impossibly thin and made into a gauze to drape the Goblin Kings bed for an aeon. The Goblin King was clearly a master of this. To him Martin's negotiating must have been like watching a child placing wooden blocks on top of each other only hoping it could withstand an angry father's boot.

Still his training served him. Working every angle he did his best to ensure his freedom from eternal slavery. Eventually they reached a point that Martin felt might just stand. 24 hours service, lethe, living shadow. The Goblin King's smile felt like it was playing his nerves like a fiddle. Still he could never be completely safe. Who knew what service the Goblin King might seek for this next 24 hours. Still this was the work that had chosen him. This time when the Goblin King extends his hand Martin draws out his pen. Running his finger along the edge it takes on a razor's blade. Drawing it along his palm the ruby red sprung forth, almost eager to mingle with its fae counterpart.

As his palm meets the Goblin King he feels a very real sense that what has been done cannot be undone. This was his road now, this his liege for 24 hours.

"The pact is struck. I am yours for 24 hours. How may I serve?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Blood +0 Heart -1 Mind +1 Spirit +3
Mortal 1 Night -1 Wild 2 Power 0
Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 4/5 Armor: 0 Foretelling: 0

Taking 1 Corruption to ask: "Where does this attack take place?"

As I hug Cassie, I feel the familiar pull of the Apocalypse in motion; a new piece just fell into place. I see Cat Sith's fangs ripping out Cassie's viscera and shudder. I swallow. "Cassie..." Hurriedly, i spill out the facts of the vision as I've seen them. "Be careful," I tell her. "If I see anything else, I'll call you."

I notice the bikes parked outside and sigh. Jack just hosed me, didn't he? Still, this is a priest we're talking about. Maybe its naive of me, but i don't think they'll shoot first. They'll have questions.

They have, after all, read my book.

I tuck the pistol into the back of my jeans and raise my hands to show that I'm not armed. Gently, I push open the door and take a hesitant step into the darkened church.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 2/5 Corruption
While Jack Chase would like to help out Father Matthews, and maybe Ashley, depending on if she wanted to end the world or not, he was pressed for time. Besides if she really was fully embracing her role as the Horseman of Conquest, Jack doubts he would make much of a difference.

"Rose, I'm ready to go whenever you are. Let's head out."

Jack advances and takes an additional hunter move:
This Way!: When you lead people out of danger, roll with Blood. On a
10+, you all get away safely. On a 7-9, you get hurt or one of them gets
hurt (you choose). On a miss, everyone’s safe but you; you’re left behind
and the way out is closed to you.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Maxine Wei
Harm / 00 00

gently caress, gently caress, gently caress.. Now's not the time. Still, the werewolves probably won't mind if I just don't leave a body, right? It's not a hunt, it's just.. a friendly one-way exchange of blood. Given that we're outside of a bar, it shouldn't be too hard to get one of the many young college students to give me a second look. Then I just lure them down an alley, take a little bit of blood, and then good as new. I just need enough to wait until the fight with the Sheriff, which they'll definitely be.

I find a nice blond man, a little skinnier than my liking but at least I won't taste blood clots. I try to give him eyes like I'm interested. Which I can't really do, from all the sunglasses and being blind. poo poo. Well, I can at least wave him over. That should work, then let my words speak for themselves. Maybe he'll be into it.

Trick roll
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 3, 1+1 for a total of 5.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Martin Beck

The Goblin King orders you to follow him down a windy tunnel, deeper into the Underground. He hops up on the receiving table of an old fashioned bank. This area is abandoned except for several dozen little goblins, swirling around by your knees. "Don't want to share the plan where others are listening. Now, we aren't allowed to start the hunt until sundown, but every Fae is looking to get around the meaning of the law while keeping to the letter. You are a mercenary of no particular association to me for the next 24 hours, not a member of the Court or, officially, of the Hunt. We can also plant ourselves wherever we want before the Hunt begins, and it just so happens that a few thousand of my friends have decided to plant themselves all over the city, with a special interest in the Prey's favorite places. You need material for your spell, yes? Well they know where she sleeps, I'm sure you can find some there. Then you can hunt the Prey down before the sun even sets. If you capture her and bring her to me, the Hunt will only last a few seconds. If that's too dangerous, you can still keep tabs on her, maybe lead her close without her knowing. As part of the rules, I have to stay in the Underground until sundown, which is still a rather large place, there are many entrances. If you can lead her to any of those, it should become much easier for me."

What do you do?

Ashley Winston

You gently push open the double doors and take a few steps inside, and as you likely expected, Knights leap down from the rafters and land behind you, others jump up from behind the pews. Swords and shotguns at the ready. "I apologize for the precautions, but its not too often we get a visit from someone with your pedigree," speaks Father Matthew, as he raises from behind the pulpit, "and this wasn't my plan. Soooo.... I suppose you would like to hand over the many weapons no doubt hidden on your person and talk about the zaniest book in the New Testament?"

What do you do?

Jack Chase

Rose leads you over to Denny park, "the Ways are easier to reach from nature, there's been so much Fae traffic in the last few days they are basically open anywhere that's a little green. We'll need to break through at your police station though. There are a fair number of people sitting around, playing music, and enjoying the lightly clouded day. She looks around until no one is looking too hard and touches a spindly city tree. She grabs your arm and pulls you out of the tree, and into... a pleasant plateau. "This place is mostly tame, just like the park. We'll need to travel pretty far, into Winter land, to get to your prison."

When you journey through the Ways roll +Heart
With a 10+ choose 2. On a 7-9 Choose one:
*You encounter a wonder
*You don't encounter a danger
*You do not get lost
If you have a guide, choose one more, even on a miss.

Maxine Wei

He grins, drunk, and stumbles over to you. You get ready for an easy meal. He has a large silver cross necklace, but it's not that like that really matters... Until he comes close to you, and it begins to glow with a painful light. "Blah!" he yells, shocked but not quite as badly as you. He recovers enough to blow in the bottom end of the thing. It's some kind of whistle! But so high pitched, you only catch it on the edge of your vampiric hearing.

What do you do?

Cassie

You're inside the bar - start your post describing what you're doing, since it took Maxine about 5 minutes to wander off and get into this poo poo
You hear a shrill, piercing whistle. The wolf pack jump up and sprint out, hopping on the scooters sitting outside.

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Ashley Winston

I just sigh and stand with my arms apart, hands raised. "I've got a pistol in my back pocket. Safety's on. I'm just going to let one of your people grab it. Actually, I was hoping I could borrow some guns from you, Padre. Maybe a sword too."

I can feel several muscular biker-types giving me dubious looks behind my back as they disarm me. I just focus on the priest. "Look, you know who and what I am. I left the crown and bow at home as a sign of good intentions. Jack Chase vouched for you, so I'm going to assume that you are up to speed on the whole monsters and magic situation, so I won't mince words: the angel Azrael is in town and he's using a fortune-teller named Madame Petit as his proxy. The biblical apocalypse isn't moving fast enough for him so he's trying to do an end run around it by jumpstarting a side-apocalypse; I don't know all the details but it starts by breaking three seals. He's already got one down because of the world's stupidest vampire and now he's working on number two. I am trying to stop him. I don't know what it is but I need to find it before she can break it. In this city, though, that's like looking for a magic needle in a magic hay-stack inside a tornado."

"Jack said you were the man to go to. I need your help, Father."

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Martin does his best to try and keep track of the winding underground paths. It seemed like he kept ending up deeper underground so it might come in handy knowing what road led where. He nods at the Goblin King's plan.

"If you can take me to somewhere I can take one of her belongings I have just the spell. Do you have a follower who can travel incognito with me above ground or are they all forbidden? Someway I can call on your servants? What are some other entrances in the area in question"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Marky Marx, The Tainted

Blood +2 Heart +1 Mind -1 Spirit +0
Mortal 0 Night -1 Power* 0 Wild 3
Corruption: 0/5 Corruption Advances: 1 Armor: 1 (-1 if the source is holy or blessed)
Harm: 0 Faint, 00 Grievous, 00 Critical

This..isn't good. This is pretty complicated. gently caress, this took a 180 turn.

I mean, being so close to my soul is nice. It makes me feel alive. All that deadness is gone. But, there isn't rage either. Oh, that is rage, but it's being smothered by some other crap. It's a thick, suffocating ocean drowning out that flame: regret. That's it. All the poo poo I regret. It was easy to forget all that without my moral compass. Don't get me wrong: I'm crooked as they come, but now I actually feel bad about it. Feel bad about the poo poo I did. I might have killed that family just for the kicks. They can be dead right now because of me. Even if they aren't, they're ruined for lie. Why? Because the Don told me to.

That feels so dumb of an excuse. Hell, everything I've been doing is just a big excuse. Society didn't gently caress my life: it helped, but it was my own drat fault. Addiction is a hell of a thing and society does crush and forget us addicts, but burning everything, even heaven, to the ground over it is losing perspective.

gently caress, if I really wanted to kill all the masters, then working for the Don is just trading one for another: how could I not realize that?

Because of the Don. Without my soul, I was putty in his hands. Took away my perspective so I'd do what he'd say. No wonder I'm confused why I even wanted all that fame and fortune: he took away so much of me that all I had was my anger. I didn't even use that crap for what I wanted to do with it: to help my wife out and get my kid back. Prove to her that I wasn't beyond help and give her the life she always wanted, the life my kid needed. Not like I could even talk to her with this face. Probably the Don's plan: stop her from recognizing me and waking me up.

His fake rear end smile, his constant attempts to pretend to be on my side, and his loving attitude: the dude is a god damned snake. I should have seen through it in an instant, but I was desperate as a human and under his control as...whatever the hell I am now.

I don't know if this will only last while I'm close to the drat thing. If I'll just go back to being all hate and no sense once I'm far enough away, but I need to act while my head is clear.

"Give me the contracts. I'll do my best to get the Don back where he belongs and set all this right. Then, I want you to give me back my old body, along with my soul. It might be on its way out, but this isn't my drat face and my wife wouldn't recognize me like this."

Might be signing my own death warrant going after the Don, but I've already been dumb enough to sell away my afterlife before: I guess I'm just stupid that way.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf
Stats: Blood 2, Heart -1, Mind 0, Spirit 1
Factions: Mortality 1, Night 2x, Power -1, Wild 0x
Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 2/5 Armor: 0

With that last morbid statement, Ashley jumps on her bike and heads out. ...Ok, so something else to keep in mind, I guess. As if I wasn't paranoid enough about the fae. Still, that's a problem for future Cassie, who's gonna be in a mess of trouble no matter what if I don't get the collar off.

Heading back in, I give the wolves a respectful nod, but I walk past them for now. If I make it through this, I'll have to come back and chat some. I finish my text and head to the bar to grab a seat.

to Jack posted:

oh she was calling you?
howd u find out?
well whatever.
i know.
she's trying to stop it but an angel wants it to go ahead.
just thought youd want to know.

When the bartender finally gets around to serving me, I lean over, make sure no one else can see exactly what's going on, and pull down my scarf to reveal the collar. Then, I say, "Look, don't freak out, ok? I heard you could help me with this. You do that, and I'll owe you a solid." I pull the scarf back up and say, "I'm guessing you've got an idea what's on the line for me, so please. I need your help."

!roll 2d6-1
@Capfalcon - Cassie you rolled 6, 5-1 for a total of 10.
Capfalcon - Cassie - Today at 10:59 PM
woooooooow
So lucky~

Offering to give him a debt in exchange for getting the collar off.

At the sound of the high pitched whistle, I flinch slightly and look around. The wolves apparently know what's going on, and if I were to guess... I shake my head. Maxie's a big girl, and she can take care of herself. I can't bolt right now. As soon as I get what I need, I'll go see what's up.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 1, 2016

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Versum
Versum manifests, showing their body. "I am no ghost. I am Versum, god of spoken word poetry" They felt a vauge pressure; there was more to their name. They left it off, for now. "And I will have Ashley contact you as soon as possible. How would you prefer to be contacted?" Waiting a moment for an answer, they rose a bit in the air.

"Samantha Briss. You are chosen, for your skill, and for your fortitude and spirit. Go, now, and defend your world with mine blessing. I grant you the poet's voice, that you may inspire those around you and bring people together in defense of the world and of its people. "

Rolled:
@Magnusth - Versum you rolled 4, 1+3 for a total of 8.
Taking one corruption, and taking a corruption move.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
Journey through the Ways
!roll 2d6+1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 11:17 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 2, 1+1 for a total of 4.
going for the you do not get lost option.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Ashley - special alert

Forgot to answer the question: The attack takes place in an abandoned home on the east side of town, on East John Street & 24th Ave. It smells like poo poo, there's a giant, comfortable bed in the corner, from the sheets it looks like a cat-thing was curled up on them recently. As if Cassie came to it, not the other way around.

Any other questions?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei
Harm / 00 00

Look, I may not know what a dog whistle sounds like, but I know that there are dogs around and this guy's blowing into something that's not trying to make much noise at a normal human hearing level. So, I do what I've done best today. I book it the gently caress out of there. There's no reason to be loving with these werewolves, and it's not like Cass and I are good enough friends that she can't talk her way out of whatever.

While they're still trying to organize and find this guy, I can run. As long as I can make it to my car, they probably won't be able to keep up. Probably.

Escape roll, while there's still not a group on me.
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 4, 1+2 for a total of 7.
Owing someone and marking Corruption.

Shift the car into drive and just go. Don't look back, don't hit anything bigger than a person. Just go.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Martin Beck

"I cannot send a guide, but my Goblins are stationed everywhere in this place, such that every goblin can see at least one other, and relay information. I believe humans in this region have taken to labeling their houses with a coded identifier, I find the practice distasteful but it has its uses," he hands you a a slip of paper with the address to Cassie's pad, "last report had her at the Blue Moon Tavern, but our eyes are not perfect or endless and we cannot chase her if she moves too far from her chosen territory."

What do you do?

Ashley Winston

Father Matthews considers for a few long seconds, "the Mantle must weight heavily on you. We must all serve God to our best capacities, and we are also all given challenges in our lives which have no clear answer. Is it right to start the apocalypse? If it is the will of God, should we not serve it? But I know that even the Angels cannot see into His mind, or perceive His true plan. God gave you a terrible responsibility you do not wish to fulfill. But God did not create some mindless monster, some terrible machine to entrust this duty. He gave it to a human woman. A woman with his greatest gift: free will, and the capacity for conscience and guilt. He gave you visions, right? But those visions are not inaliable fate, they are merely possibilities that can be avoided, the better now that you have seen them. Perhaps Revelations is the same, merely another vision, a possible end that humans were shown so we could embrace it, or combat it, as our free will allows. It is my desire to protect mankind, and show all who seek it the path towards goodness and redemption through Christ."

The Knights in the room seem to relax around you. Before he finishes they've returned your pistol, and handed you a double barrel sawed off shotgun with several drawstring bags of shells, "all the shells are blessed, blue have a bit of silver, yellow have iron, white is rocksalt, purple are beanbag rounds, red shoot fire," he murmurs. There's a bustle as he starts getting to Revelations, they're adjusting body armor, loading weapons. Another one runs up with a set of the full body biker-armor they've been wearing. It's heavy stuff, kevlar reinforced with steel plates, the equivalent of riot armor masquerading as biker gear. It comes with a scabbard on the back, already filled with a shortsword, steel forged with flakes of silver and raw iron, laced with prayers and quenched in holy water. Luke 11:21 is emblazoned on the hilt.

Father Matthews comes to a close and seems to notice the Knights getting ready to leave for the first time. He smiles at you, "I believe we have made a decision. There has been some disturbing activity lately in Cougar Mountain. A offshoot of the Latter Day Saints, the Sons of Michael, have had an illegal compound there for many years. That forest has always had a disturbing aura to it, I believe that is where you will find the Seal.

Mark Robinson

"Good. We will implant a piece of your soul, so you do not forget this new resolve. We cannot restore it to you fully, the Don will realize that instantly. Beware, the Don still has the demonic power he placed inside you, where your soul used to be. You are not yet free from him and if he discovers this ruse his wrath will be mighty," the chorus of voices fades and you find yourself in a small downtown apartment. The door is right where you left it.

What do you do?

Cassie

He stares at the collar, 'I..." his voice catches, "I hoped I was free of those things. You want to know how to take it off, right? There's usually a key, but fat chance of ever getting it. The truth is, they told you exactly how to take it off when you put it on, they always do. 'It will only come off when you're dead' they say, or something like that. They're right, the Fae don't lie. All you have to do is die."

His eyes grow a little distant, then snap back into focus, "best to do it with some kind of healing magic nearby, or a doctor with those fancy zappy things and a lot of experience at CPR. They'll have a couple minutes to get the collar off and bring you back before your brain turns to goo. I recommend drowning, it's what I did."

What do you do?

Jack Chase

The journey is long, you guide assures you that time works differently here, but not how exactly it's different. You walk continually south, and the gentle field turns into an arid desert and then a frosty tundra. She avoids a great number of no-doubt nasty things on the way. Eventually you arrive at your destination, a great gate stands in front of you, and on the other side there's a statuary of ice sculptures. The chill blasts deep in your bones, "I feared this was the place," Rose frowns, "locations in the Faewild correspond spiritually with locations on Earth. A police Morgue is a place where victims are frozen and stored, watched over by people who care little for them, kept from the people who care a great deal because of the demands of a bureaucratic institution. The morgue you seek lies within the Winter Queen's statuary, where she keeps those who displeased her eternally entombed in ice. Trolls guard this place, though their simple minds cannot grasp for what purpose. We'll meed to find the right place in the statuary, the one that corresponds the best with the Seattle PD morgue, get in, and get out, without causing too much trouble with the guardians here. You ready?"

What do you do?

Maxine

You're out, you're free. You were clearly with Cassie, and your actions kind of hosed her over with this pack after she called you in to help her, for all you know they'll come back to the bar and gang up on her. But for now you're free. You're driving away from all this bullshit. No problem. So...

Where are you driving? What do you do?

You owe Cassie one debt

Versum

"Alright Versum, I accept your blessing." She nods, clearly impressed. You have the number for her current burner and a Darknet address for when that gets tossed. For now she's dialing up "the lads" and gearing up for a fight.

What do you do?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 2/5 Corruption
"Yeah, let's start looking around." He looks at one of the queen's frozen victims and shivers. Jack sure as hell doesn't want to piss off the Winter Queen.

Carefully, Jack begins to search the area for the right place to enter the morgue from. He also keeps an eye out for any trolls.

Investigate a place of power
!roll 2d6-1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 2:51 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 6, 2-1 for a total of 7.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Versum

Versum leaves to find Ashley. They've been close many times, and they move back and forth, asking a seer here and there before narrowing in on the feeling of the horsewoman, zooming to her location, finding her just outside the church. They slow down for a moment and materialise, showing their body and voice. "Ah, Ashley. I've got good news for you; people willing to fight against the apocalypse, with both knowledge and guns. Have something to write on?" They hold out their hand.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei
Harm / 00 00 - Corruption 1/5

Well, this day has turned into an absolute shitshow. I go on mental autopilot, especially since it's hard to read the signs that pass by. Just go to the local trendy bullshit bar, keep the sunglasses on, see if you can find a quick snack there. There should be a few right outside of home that I remember, the one with the bright signs in the front. Keep away from where I was squatting, should be close enough to be disputed territory. And if there's any local supernaturals, gently caress 'em unless they're there in numbers.

Plus, it's happy hour. This should be easy, right? Just need to avoid getting caught, avoid werewolves, other vampires and.. gently caress, I hate today.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 4/5 Armor: 0 Foretelling: 0

The more Father Matthews talks, the more I relax. When the knights start re-arming me, I goggle. This was way more help than i expected; at best, I'd hoped for a spirit guide or even just a finger pointing in the right direction. I was legitimately touched; I'd done nothing for them ,and given them no promises, and yet they were giving me everything i needed. Well, I could have used a gassed up helicopter and a copilot, but still.

"You get it, Padre. You get it." I lift the sword and unsheathe about an inch, testing the edge. I'm not an expert with swords or guns, but my Dad was a crazy Mormon prepper who really, truly believed he'd see the end of days; I'd grown up knowing how to fish, hunt, churn butter, light a fire with twigs and tinder, sew my own clothes, and use a sword and bow. On the other hand, I hadn't learned that the world wasn't 6,000 years old until i was eighteen, and the best it had taken me three tries to get my GED. Win some, lose some. "When i tell people what I am, they see the mantle, not the woman, but 90% of me is just an ordinary mortal woman." Although sometimes it seems like less every day.

"Can I tell you something? I used to wonder why the angels bothered to go through the whole "Apocalypse" thing. I've met Azrael. I've also been in the army. A real, true battle-angel could go through a fully armed military base like poo poo through a loose goose. They can probably pick up nuclear weapons and toss them like darts. But," I raise my finger, "they can't actually end the world. Because that's cheating. It would be like winning a baseball game by machine-gunning the pitcher. It wouldn't count. The Apocalypse isn't a war, it's a political argument between warring ideologies. They need humans to vote for their side with fists and feet and bullets. That's why the four horsemen have to be humans; because only humans have the right to end the world. Because it's our world." I shrug. "Maybe God gave it to us, or maybe it was there before; I don't know. But it's ours now, not theirs."

I sheathe the sword and hang it carefully. Now I clank when I walk. "So don't feel bad about opposing angels, Padre. I've never claimed to be a moral person, but the way I figure, if anyone asks you to end the world for them, they're probably hosed in the head." I offer him my hand. "Thank you. You seem like a good man. I take back most of the bad things I've said about the Catholic Church."

outside the church, I sense a movement in the air and almost pull a gun on it before it turns into Versum. When she/he/it/them explains what they've been doing, I grin. "Versum! My main god. I didn't even know you were helping." I find a pen somewhere and write down what she tells me. "I'm glad you've sort of got your voice back."

I try to giver her knuckles but only get a vague tingly sensation when I do. "Thank you. I owe you big time."

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Martin's eyes widen as they mention they actually already have eyes on Cassie. "Sure if we can cut out the middle man then let's meet this target where they are at the tavern. If they leave before we get there I might be even to find something I can track them with there. Can you tell me more about the target or why you're after them on the way?"

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Martin Beck

The Goblin King can't leave the undercity until sundown, but he does take you back to the GGS entrance where your car is parked, "Werewolf that calls herself Cassie. She's been squatting on the disputed territory. The White King is a respected contact for local affairs, he offered to choose a suitable prey, something that won't be easy to catch or kill. She's vulnerable now, just a human, easy prey before sundown. Easy prey after, but not for you."

Ashley Winston

As you fist bump Versum, you notice the Knights pouring out behind you and hoping on bikes. "So, we following you?" Paladin Greg steps to your side. They aren't just giving equipment.

What do you do?

Even though this is out of the goodness of their hearts and to save the world, you will still feel beholden if you accept their aid. Take two debts with the Knights of Seattle. Thanks to Versum you can also call the Black Flag to help you for another debt.

Maxine Wei

You have a seat at a nautical themed bar, all wood and ropes and a giant octopus sign at the front. There's a bunch of college hipsters here too, but it's both less earthy and more run down. You can't sense other supernaturals... wait, there is one. A tiny little thing sitting bored on the roof of the place. You sit alone in a highly visible corner and try your best to look lonely. A short man with some kind of stupid pirate hat with a giant feather talks with his friends and then saunters over to you.

What do you do?

Jack Chase

You hop the fence. Looking at the poses of the statues, the worst thing that could happen here is you run into the Winter Queen walking her statuary. Each one is a book, a study, a goddamn library on cruelty, fear, and pain. There's a pavillion in the center, which seems to be more recently used and have most of the guards. The paths around it are little used. It seems the Winter Queen does not walk these gardens for her own pleasure, but uses them to entertain visitors and assure them of what happens if she's crossed. Not masochistic then, as you've heard, just terribly cold, and interested in maintaining appearances. You don't really have a sense for which statue screams "Seattle morgue" but Rose knows where she's going. Eventually she finds a young woman on her knees, pleading upwards at the cold and uncaring sky.

"Alright, we've been luck so far. In and out, let's go," Rose pulls you through the statue and you find yourself in the Morgue." The Mortician is eating a sandwhich in his office and hasn't seen you yet.

What do you do?

Versum

You're hanging with Ashley right now with two other gods. Any final preparations?

If you prefer, you can pay Ashley's karmic debt for the Black Flag.

What do you do?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Ugh, figures Cassie would be caught up in all this. Martin thought he'd been helping her by sending her that message but it was obviously way to late. He knew she did a good job trying to keep her territory civilised but now with the White King, the Fae Courts, the property dispute between maxine and Druford, there was no good way to sort this out. Well the least he could do was try and talk to her and see what her angle was. She was one of his "clients" after all.

He idly taps out a text message:

quote:

Hey Cassie, seems like my business is mixed up in your business. Can we talk? I'm driving up to your part of town right now.

I guess the stuff I did for Cassie at GGS was off the books so that's why I put it in quotes. Martin will head for the tavern and approach Cassie to talk assuming she's still there.

Apocron fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 2, 2016

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 2/5 Corruption
He whispers to the ghostly presence that has been following him around, "Hey could you create a distraction, so that I can retrieve your body?"

Persuade an NPC
!roll 2d6+1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 8:51 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 4, 1+1 for a total of 6.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei
Harm / 00 00 - Corruption 1/5

This is what my life has become. Playing cougar to get a meal at a bar like this. Screw whatever's up top there, I don't have time for this poo poo. The goofy hat makes me think either he's hammered or he works here. For once, I hope it's the former. "Hey there, you seem to be having a good day. Better than mine, at least. How are you?" loving hell, this fucker can't just beg for me to drink him half-up and leave him in the back. If I could actually settle some place, I could probably make a killing.

Need to think of better words when I'm thirsty. "My name's Maxine." I can still smile, somehow, just enough to pull him in.

After about ten minutes of back and forth, not like I want to seem desperate or anything despite being obviously very desperate. "Hey, by any chance do you want to head outside? Do you have a smoke, I was trying to quit but today's been not the kind of day to quit smoking." I smile, trying not to make him think too much about going outside.

Persuade NPC - Flirting
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 5, 3+1 for a total of 9.
Counts as a 10+ due to Irresistable

I can lead him outside, and once we get off the main street, we can probably get some place a little quieter. Let him think he's making the first move, so that I can get a drink of all that good stuff inside his veins. Before the cigarette becomes involved, we end up in some quiet place that's a bit. I'm not proud of any of this, but -drat-, I'm hungry.

Eternal Hunger
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 3, 2+2 for a total of 7.
Heal 1-harm, target doesn't die.

I whisper in his ear right as I leave. "Be careful, those things'll kill you." Now, back to trying to find Cassie and figure out this drat White Sheriff situation.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Ashley Winston

I watch the bikers form up behind me and grin. This is more like it. I mean, yeah, I've done the lone wolf thing since... well, since the divorce, actually. But I'd much rather have help.

I pick up my phone and dial the number Versum gave me. "Hello, uh... Black Flag? This is Ashley. I think you were waiting for word from me? We're headed for Cougar Mountain. Can you meet us on the way? We should be, uh..." I glance behind me. "We should be incredibly loving obvious."

"Yeah, follow me. I need to make one stop, but it's on the way."

We roll out, stopping only briefly for me to run inside my house, break the police tape, grab the crown, and run back out again. I hop back on my bike and make a V-shape with my fingers to the bikers. "Follow me. Stay tight, ride on my wings, and don't get lost. And, uh... you may see some really weird poo poo on this ride; try to keep your eyes forward and your head down."

I put the crown on my head. It bumps my driving glasses somewhat and, checking the mirror, looks dorky as hell. But it feels right. I gun the motor and peel out, headed for Cougar Mountain. And all hell rides with me.

Ashley is leading an assault on what are, presumably, some shady Mormon cultists. She is riding at the head of a small army wearing the Crown of Conquest and invoking her abilities as a horseman to Ride Like Hell.
Let it Out
@OKShark (Ashley) you rolled 6, 3+3 for a total of 12.
and that advance just paid for itself[. Okay, the plan is to take +1 Forward to storming the castle and ignore corruption, and also Ashley's powers manifest in an unusually helpful way because it's 12+. Maybe they made it through traffic impossibly fast, or maybe nothing can bar her way, or maybe she can just ride a herd of bikers up a forest trail without slowing down or ducking.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf
Factions: Mortality 1, Night 2x, Power -1x, Wild 0x
Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 3/5 Armor: 0

I let out a little gasp and pull back as if I was struck. I... wasn't expecting that. I absentmindedly pull the scarf back up, saying, "I... well, thanks. I've... got some planning to do. I'll be in touch later."

Ok. First order of business, get the White Sheriff. Once we've got him... I... guess I get someone to help me get the collar off, then slap it on him and convince the courts to accept the new prey.

Bloodhound
!roll 2d6+2
@Capfalcon - Cassie you rolled 5, 5+2 for a total of 12.

I go to text Maxie, but I see that I've already a text from Martin. ...I can't really imagine what we've got to talk about, but I'll give him a call after I get Maxie back here.

to Maxie posted:

hey not sure what happened but i got what i needed.
its... not pretty but its probably gonna work.
anyway got the white sheriffs trail so circle back around here and well track him down?

I've got his scent, but then after a phone call with Martin, he calls in his debt on me to meet up with him and try and work things out with... someone.

It's a bit shady, but I do owe him. Still, I'm probably gonna be keeping one eye on the door.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 2, 2016

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Cassie

Cassie you gave Maxine a text and had a call with Martin while you waited for the ride. You agreed to a meet up, but you've also got that awful stink in your nose... You take a small side trip before the meeting, and find yourself driving past East John Street and 24th. With the help of Ashley's vision, it clicks for you: Cat Sith played the long game, and might have got you if you didn't have some prophetic help. That stupid panther with the White Sheriff was the Cat all along, covering them both in some kind of supernatural stink. Now they were both waiting for you in an abandoned house, no doubt the Sheriff in some kind of saferoom and the Cat waiting to strike. Whether you had some convoluted collaring plan, or just wanted to strike back at the prick that did this to you, Cat Sith was betting you would come to this house before the hunt began and if it was a bad bet then it could still chase you like everyone else.

Martin wants to meet downtown in the undercity. He's called in a debt to negotiate with his client.

What do you do?

Martin

Go ahead and describe the meeting place, and how you set it up, also what you told the Goblin King, while Cassie describes her point of entry and possible precautions.

Maxine

You chauffer Cassie around while she sticks her head out the window. Finally she finds it: The White Sheriff is in that house... Protected by Cat Sith waiting in ambush. Then she wants to head downtown, to White King and then Sewer Baron territory for a meeting with Martin.

What do you do?

Ashley Winston

You gun your way through the traffic, weaving through it like it's nothing. It feels good to be riding like this, an sudden army you've... claimed... at your back. There's no way you could crash, nothing can unhorse the Horseman! It feels like you could perform the hardest possible bike trick as easy as riding down the street! You ride hard and fast until you get to the forest. You can ride in there on your motorcycle, but the rest of your army will have to go on foot. You're met by a group driving a pair of extremely generic station wagons. They hop out, dressed all in black with their faces covered, they're carrying assault rifles and home made explosive devices. The leader waves her hand at you, "Black Flag here to save the world," she says with a muffled voice.

What do you do?

Versum

No matter how fast Ashley rides, you're moving faster. You can stick with her, scout ahead, or do something else.

What do you do?

Jack Chase

Her 'body' stiffens. She turns a nasty shade of purple and tendrils of energy seem to emanate from her. You see her float over to the man with glazed eyes. He stares at the ghost in horror, but the horror is even greater as tendrils of dark energy invade his mind. He tries to scream, but only a gasping gurgle emerges. He seizes on the floor, distracted by the voices and visions that plague his mind now.

You take 1 corruption for commanding a ghost + 1 corruption for injuring a mortal while pursing the supernatural (in this case it's more of a supernatural goal, not a monster, but whatever.)

What do you do?

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 2, 2016

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 4/5 Corruption
This drat curse of his. Whatever it is, he has to find a way to reverse it or at least control it. He looks at the ghost in horror, "That wasn't an order....." Quickly he rushes to the mortician. He needs to make sure the damage isn't permanent. He beckons Rose over, "Rose, could you lend me a hand here? I'll owe you another debt."

Jack quickly tries to remember how to cure psychic ghost damage.

Keep your Cool
!roll 2d6-1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 1:08 AM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 6, 4-1 for a total of 9.
Jack wants to make sure the mental damage to the mortician is only temporary.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mark Robinson, The Tainted

Blood +2 Heart +1 Mind -1 Spirit +0
Mortal 0 Night -1 Power* 0 Wild 3
Corruption: 0/5 Corruption Advances: 1 Armor: 1 (-1 if the source is holy or blessed)
Harm: 0 Faint, 00 Grievous, 00 Critical

It feels a little farther away. It's not as strong, the regret. But neither is the rage. I'm not dead again inside, but it's dulled. I guess it's just a part of my soul, like I said. Just enough of who I am to keep my mind focused. Man, this has been a day. Should have been a routine job and now I'm faced with potentially ruining my entire life again, or saving it. It's been so long that I forgot what it's like to have a conscious, you know? That nagging feeling in your heading reminding you how you emotionless-ly got a man to sell his soul earlier today and planned to do the same to two others. How you may have killed a family just for the fun only a few days ago, scarred them for life if nothing else. A nagging about a lot of things.

These contracts can hopefully fool the Don, but he's a pretty smart man. I...I don't want to bring them to him. I don't know if that's the bit of him left in me talking or if I'm just plain scared. I haven't felt this way in a long time. Even when I died in that alley way, I was more nervous than scared. This, this is real fear. That crushing ocean of hesitation that tells you just to run away as fast as you can: I don't want to see that devil and have him find out. I'm not that smart or clever: he might see through it. I, I need someone to back me up. Someone smart who I can have lie for me. Someone good with words. Someone the Don wouldn't be surprised to see.

Someone like...Martin! He could be our contact into GGS! Hell, he's even the name on this fake contract. That's perfect! I can bring him along and have him do the talking. It might be a hard sell, but it might work. He's a lawyer and a wizard: the guy got to have a strong brain on him.

But, gently caress, "Marky" might have scared him off completely. It won't be easy.

I'll call him. Maybe, just maybe, he'll be willing to listen and things can proceed from there. I still have his number.

Calling Martin Beck.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei
Harm 0 00 00 - Corruption 1/5

Now that everything's a little less blood-hazed, this whole White Sheriff plan isn't sounding as exciting. Double that when Cassie smells some fairy cat waiting for us. Well, the poetic plan isn't going to work any more, but this whole thing is going from bad to worse. "You do realize that I'm going to drive you to the territory of at least one vampire who wants me dead into a place where a second vampire may or may not want me dead, and I'd prefer not asking while standing in his home? Look, I can get you wherever you need to go, but you're gonna owe me for that. I've been driving you around town, getting this plan in motion and now we've got to abandon ship because the plan would've probably ended with both of us dead. More dead."

I sigh when the lawyer is mentioned. "Him? Why would he want to meet you in Sewer King territory, anyways? Doesn't sound like his usual haunt." I'll drive her to the corner outside of the White King's place, even if with how this whole thing is going, he's probably in on it too. In on something, at least. "I'm gonna be honest, this sounds terrible. You sure you can't get some help that isn't a vampire on at least one hit list? Did Martin promise you safe passage in that area?"

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

I tell the Goblin King through his magic goblin telephone that I am bringing Cassie to one of the entrances to the underground. She wants to negotiate so if he can kill her in a relative clean way so I can resurrect her, he can claim victory and the only price would be an assurance that with his new authority that he will offer her territory some degree of security in the coming Draconic lawsuit. I don't think I'd ask her to actually enter the underground if we can meet at some kind of border where she can communicate with the Goblin King. This should offer her at least some degree of security so he doesn't rip her heart out on the spot. And if he orders me to attack then she can probably kick my rear end. It should also allow you guys to play this out while I'm not around. At least until there's some fireworks or I get to play magical EMT.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf

"Look, you agreed to help me get this collar off. My plan changed, yeah, but I still need it off. And we don't have to go all the way into Undertown. Just stand near one of those big drain pipes and hear them out, ok?"

I shrug and add, "And I owe Martin, so I'm gonna at least try and do it his way for now."

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Versum

Versum flew along with Ashley phasing invisibly through cars and traffic, and one or two people might've felt their passing with a shiver. They tapped Ashleys' shoulder lightly and whispered in their ear "I'll scout ahead" and then they did, moving fast enough that 'movement' itself became a blurry concept, feeling and searching for the compound, wishing to float around and through it, seeking its entrances, its security rooms, its pulse, and anything they could glean that might help them and their friends.

Rolled:
@Magnusth - Versum you rolled 6, 1-1 for a total of 6.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei

I smirk, looking over at her while driving with nearly no effect to where I'm going. "Fine. But if this is a trap, you're going to owe me one. Even if we're both dead."

And with that, the literal suicide mission begins.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Maxine Wei

You drive up to a storm grate at the edge of the White King's territory, and the edge of the Underground. Cassie squats down by the thing to listen. There's a coffee shop nearby, hard to tell if anything nasty worth paying attention to is there.

When you spend some time in an enemy stronghold, roll +blood, on a 10+ all is good. On a 7-9 you've been spotted and have to keep moving.

---
Cassie

After some back and forth discussion, you finally decide on a suitably safe spot near a storm grate at the edge of the territories. You hunker down to hear the voice in the darkness: "Hello Cassie, let's negotiate. My opening offer is simple: You will come to the Underground and I will give you a clean, painless death. Martin can have your body for whatever purposes he desires. I am aware you were given a similar offer by the other Court. But I can make a promise they would never think to pursue. If you deal with the Summer Court I will put you in a tiny box. Then I will have my little friends distribute your image throughout this country, with a request that they contact me if they recognize you. Do you have family, little Cassie without -last-name? Do you have friends far away? Do you have new friends in this place? Anyone who knows you, anyone who cares about you, what remains of your family, they will call. And then I will bring them to your little box, and I will teach you both what real suffering is. If you deal with the Summer Court in this matter, I promise by Wind and Moon, by Sun and Sea, by my Blood and my Nature, that I will do this thing. The Fae do not lie, and we do not take oaths lightly. So, now, you should see you really only have one option." You hear a cruel chuckle, "what is your counter-offer? I hope it's a threat!

What do you do?

---
Martin Beck

On the way to the meet you get a call from Marky. If you were there for the negotiation, you heard the Goblin King's offer.

What do you do?

---
Versum

You zoom ahead, deep into the forest. At first you don't see the compound. No paths lead to it, and it is hidden from aerial photography. With your spiritual senses, you penetrate the camouflage canopy. Walls surround the compound, concealing a large crop garden and a few huts. One of the walls has a huge hole in it, some kind of explosive. There are bodies, some dead, some wounded. At least two groups of them, one is wearing simple wool robes and the other is wearing jean jackets. Deeper inside there's a concrete structure, it looks like it houses an elevator. The elevator is broken, but that's not a problem for you. There's fighting still going on in the lower levels, you can hear gunfire, shouts, and screams. You feel an ominous presence. It's not just mortals here. You spin around as a ghost-abomination, like what you saw in the Underground, reaches inside your incorporeal form and grabs your heart! You can feel it squeeze with unnatural strength, infused with power you do not understand.

What do you do?

Also, what are your God friends up to? Pointy can't go this far away from the Space Needle, but the other two could come with you or do other jobs as assigned.

---
Jack Chase

You do some basic triage and stick his wallet in his mouth. It's real hard to tell if these are permanent or not. Rose runs over, "healing isn't my specialty, but I'll try!" She taps his forehead with a glowing finger, and the seizing reduces, "I've put him to sleep, but he's still having the nightmares. I think whatever foul magic she put on him will fade with time, but it will have after effects. He will remember in his dreams. I don't have any water of lethe on me, so I can't make him forget."

The ghost looks down on him mournfully. Despite what she just did to this man, she looks small and defeated now, powerless. She meets your eyes, her own accusatory.

It costs you that debt with Rose.

What do you do?

---
Ashley WInston

Everyone is geared up and ready to go. Versum still hasn't reported back.

What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf

I look over to Martin and dryly comment, "I'm already so glad I decided to let you set up this meeting. Truly, I don't know what I would have done without your help."

Staring down at the grate, I shake my head and give a feral grin. I say, "Well, if it's a threat you want, I'd hate to disappoint. So, here's my counter offer. You'll do that nice, clean kill you were talking about before and let Martin and me go unscathed afterwards. Also, you'll also make sure that I'm not hassled by the new owner of that neighborhood for sticking around. On top of that, you'll drop that idea of going any friends or family I might have. Otherwise, I'm going to Summer and taking their deal. I'm sure my odds of making it are about as good as my chances with you."

My voice hardens as I drop my threat, though, "However, if you don't take this deal, I'll make sure everyone knows that you had this chance to serve the Winter Court practically gift wrapped for you by Martin here, but you passed on it. All because you were too proud to agree to a very reasonable deal."

Persuade
@Capfalcon - Cassie you rolled 5, 3-1 for a total of 7.

He alters the deal or demands a debt.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 4/5 Corruption
Hmm, maybe he can buy some Water of Lethe, and send it the man anonymously later. At least, the worse of the effects of the psychic attack are only temporary.

After double checking that the mortician was ok, Jack turns to the ghost, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that. Its this drat Heir of Spirit thing. I control ghosts without even trying to. Hopefully, the person who will help restore you to your body, will also know how I can stop being the heir, or at least know how I can control it better. If you want to and only if you want to, let's find your body and get out of here."

Spending the debt with the ghost lady to get an additional +3 to a persuade roll.
!roll 2d6+4
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 2:02 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 5, 4+4 for a total of 13.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Cassie

"You do not understand. I am bound by Blood and Nature. I WILL torture and kill your friends, your family, everyone who ever cared about you. I will do it if the sun shatters, if the seas freeze, if the all the Courts of all the worlds align against me. FAE OATHS ARE NOT BROKEN!" there's a terrible inhuman ferocity to its tone, an alien venom. You are certain to your bones that even if it was a silly negotiating tactic, now that the oath is made if you go to Summer he will fulfill it obsessively and only his own destruction will stop him from doing so.

"However, I can accept the ignorance of children," his tone instantly resets to the same low level intensity as before, "no one cares about the words of a mortal Prey, and you will have little chance to speak if you are dead. No matter. All you ask for now is protection? I will not provide limitless protections to some pet Werewolf causing trouble on another's land. You would bind me for 100 years, or however long you people live, kicking off every squelch that feels like challenging you. You may call on me as your champion a single time, when your goals do not conflict with my own, or with Winter. I only make this offer because it suddenly occurs to me how tiresome it would be to track down your third cousin just so I could kill them in front of your long-since broken form merely because you do not know how Fae work and thought I was joking."

Jack Chase

She nods sadly at you and floats over to the locker where her body is stored. It seems she has some kind of sense for these things.

What do you do?

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 3, 2016

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Martin hits the busy button on his phone. He spends the negotiation quietly sweating. He can't really contribute much since he has a certain interest in both sides satisfaction. He grimaces a little when the Goblin King accompanies the offering with oaths and threats. He remembered too well the Goblin King's slightly spiced breath behind his fearsome maw. Still he feels proud of Cassie when she doesn't back down. They seem to reach an uneasy sort of compromise. But what other compromise is there when your life is on the line?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 0/5 Armor: 2 Foretelling: 0

Taking 1 Corruption to add the Easy Rider move from my Let it Out roll, puts me at 5. Taking Dark Fate for my corruption advance.

When we get to Cougar Mountain, I circle the wagons and wait for Versum's return. We're on a time-table here, but as much as I want to get back to Cassie, going in half-cocked could get some of these people killed. And I'm already seriously worried about the combat effectiveness of the "anarchists." So I decide to wait.

And wait.

And wait.

poo poo. Something bad must have happened to Versum.

With great reluctance I get off my bike and wave over the leader of the Knights. "We need to go in, now. Something's gone wrong." I shrug. "I don't have a plan. Just follow me inside adn look for something that looks like a seal. We're going to have to play this by ear."

Then on foot I set off down the path to the compound as quickly as I can manage.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei

Part of me wants to find a way to blend in a bit better. If I toss my jacket, I'll be showing off my pieces. If I toss the sunglasses, I'll give people a reason to look. Still, I can keep my head down, and it is starting to get late. Plus, this isn't my negotiation. As long as I stay near my car and just watch the situation from afar, I can avoid getting tangled into this mess. Well, until the shouting starts. That might just be some weird faerie thing, but it's definitely getting me to move closer to the situation at hand.

Enemy Stronghold roll
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 6, 2+2 for a total of 10.
Nice.

Coffee shop is.. clear. So's the place next door. Not that I'm going to get comfortable, but at least I can watch what's going on from a safe distance. Then I see who she's talking to. Probably working with the other side from the one on the phone. Can't imagine Cassie's trying to actually play the two courts against one another. Shopping for the best deal? What's Martin's deal in all this? And who the hell is this faerie bastard?

Name to a Face I'm staring at, +Wild:
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 6, 4 for a total of 10.
The Goblin King owes me a debt, probably something something apocalypse.

I'm not standing behind anything anymore, am I? I really need to get this vision thing fixed. Mainly so I can tell where I am, and I don't look so dead in the eyes.

• Locked thread