Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

It is the Metro, owned and operated by the same peeps as the daily heil, if you removed all the STDH you'd have nothing left but some blank pages, horrorscopes and that terrible goth comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why even let your one year old look at your burglar killing fish pond? It's not like she's going to remember it.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
B-b-b-but he's a renter!!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jeff Goldblum is always the best part of Wes Anderson movies

Edit: and Bill Murray, of course, and Edward Norton to a lesser degree

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Someone pls post the French news article where they use spy photos to determine Jeff Goldblums penis is 10cm

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Stories like this always piss me off. Like when a burglar breaks into a house and cuts his hand on broken glass and successfully sues the owner. It's loving bullshit. Anyone who violates the sanctity of another person's home should consider their life forfeit to the owner's wishes.

I heard of a case years ago, and unfortunately I cannot find verification of the internet but this is what I remember:
1. Copper thief breaks into substation at an abandoned mine in Australia
2. Copper thief climbs onto energized transformer, his leg makes contact with the end of a pothead and blows his leg off
3. Copper thief sues the mine (he said he didn't hear humming so he thought all the power was shut off)

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

He probably owns the house and just rents the land. It's the UK and not the US. They have a literal landed gentry.

It's stupid because he could offer to just post a sign about the pond.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Goodpancakes posted:

He probably owns the house and just rents the land. It's the UK and not the US. They have a literal landed gentry.

It's stupid because he could offer to just post a sign about the pond.

Hahaha wow England sucks.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Goodpancakes posted:

:what:

No, that's not how it works at all you retard. He lives in a council house - it's provided by the government, you rent it for below-market rates, you unfortunately can't go building stupid poo poo in the garden willy nilly without permission.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Tramadol Junkie posted:

A man has claimed he has been told to remove a pond in his back garden because it could pose a danger to burglars.

Kevin Sheehan said he was told by his housing association that if someone breaks into his garden they could fall in as it is hidden from view the other side of his fence.

The 62-year-old’s pond is home to 80 fish and is surrounded by concrete blocks to prevent his one-year-old daughter, Olivia, falling in.

He said he has been threatened with an eviction notice unless the pond is demolished within three weeks.

He said: ‘I was thinking of my daughter’s safety and was building it up another two blocks.

‘I had it at the old height for about 15 years and it’s never been a problem.

‘The reason they gave was if someone breaks into the back garden they can fall in the pond because there’s a six-foot fence all round and they can’t see it.

‘I said ‘well they shouldn’t be breaking in’.’

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/25/man-told-to-remove-pond-because-its-dangerous-for-burglars-5905006/#ixzz4CCLTVFtJ

I don't want to live in this country anymore where criminals have health and safety rights for illegal occupations.

:smithicide:

Stay mad.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Bardeh posted:

So he's in a council house and has decided to build a fuckoff great big concrete pond in the middle of the garden without getting permission. Then when the landlord says 'hey you can't just build a fuckoff great big concrete pond in the house you're renting', he goes to the papers with this bullshit story.

lol what a dumbass. that's like if i decided my project tenement needs an indoor swimming pool so i just start knocking down motherfuckin walls and poo poo and running a hose from my sink. well, it's not exactly like that but you get the point.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pound_Coin posted:

It is the Metro, owned and operated by the same peeps as the daily heil, if you removed all the STDH you'd have nothing left but some blank pages, horrorscopes and that terrible goth comic
loving Nemi. I accidentally read it all the time on the subway and get irrationally angry

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

loving Nemi. I accidentally read it all the time on the subway and get irrationally angry

Its a free newspaper and yet you still complain.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Zorodius posted:

it should be 100% legal to booby trap your house. It's your loving house.

listen, if that firefighter didn't want a claymore taking him off at the knee he should have left my domain sacrosanct

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Its a free newspaper and yet you still complain.
that's correct

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

sounds like he's had a pond for 15 years and they didn't care until he made the fence around it slightly taller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

argondamn posted:

sounds like he's had a pond for 15 years and they didn't care until he made the fence around it slightly taller

Got to think of the burglars, they have the right to rob & steal in safety.

• Locked thread