Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

God drat it I have exactly 100 cards and I can't let that sweet gaben tribute go to waste, can I? Why don't I sell my cards right after I get them.

Also is isthereanydeals down or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Manslaughter posted:

If a game I want goes on sale and its something like 10% off do I wait until the last day of the sale to see if it goes down further?

I believe if a game is not on sale you should wait for the last day in case they just haven't approved the sale price yet, but if it's discounted by any amount then it shouldn't get any cheaper due to the no flash/daily deal policy.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Last winter or summer or whatever it was when Ubisoft waited until the day their games were featured on the store's front page to have their sale were their games just not on sale at all before that or did they have them on sale for a small amount and then bump them up to larger discounts just like an old flash sale? I don't remember.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Shakill OReal posted:

Blocking the "Visual Novel" "RPG Maker" tags made the discovery queue usable for me, I've never bought or played a visual novel game or a game made in RPG Maker but I've looked at over 1,000 games in the discovery queue and about 900 of them were visual novels made in RPG Maker. Thanks for pointing this out :cool:

why the hell would anyone make a visual novel in RPG Maker when Ren'Py exists

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Yo Palpek, I'm suprised your info-posts don't make a mention of the Wishlist feature - which alerts you whenever anything goes on sale. That's why I dig deep into the catalog during regular prices, download a demo for anything that catches my eye, or otherwise just add to the Wishlist and I'll research later during sale time. As you say, lots of things don't get featured on the front page and it's a good way to do the legwork in advance.

Plus, you never know when you'll need to spend just 50 cents more for a card or badge...oh wait, I've had Shadow Man (or most of Night Dive's catalog) listed off for ages, only $1.35! Just what I need for an e-trinket!

(We all got problems, right?)

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

tater_salad posted:

budget yourself for a bunch of low end games to take your time, also join on the gift train once or twice sometimes you get lucky.

The only way to save yourself is unbookmark this thread, and the other steam thread, and go play cards for a week.. The sales.. the draw.. it's too much.

unfortunately my entire budget is from card money so it's one or the other this time, good advice for others though!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

owl_pellet posted:

Last winter or summer or whatever it was when Ubisoft waited until the day their games were featured on the store's front page to have their sale were their games just not on sale at all before that or did they have them on sale for a small amount and then bump them up to larger discounts just like an old flash sale? I don't remember.

The former. Also, I think they staggered them so that not all of their games were on sale at the same time.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Did last winter's ARG/detective poo poo get solved?
I would like to know as well. Everybody was like 'wow, a comic, where's the effort of the great old sales valve' and then the arg was discovered at the last minute.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Summer Gift Train thread is up. Bookmark, and come ride tomorrow. I've got a bunch of gifts waiting specifically for you guys.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I have €60 and some hopes and dreams. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Xander77 posted:

The Summer Gift Train thread is up. Bookmark, and come ride tomorrow. I've got a bunch of gifts waiting specifically for you guys.

Oh boy, time to clear out 200 games from my wishlist that I never would have played anyway.

Like every loving narrative game about cancer or something out there.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
God help us all :retrogames:

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Sold all my cards. $12 here I come!

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Mordja posted:

The former. Also, I think they staggered them so that not all of their games were on sale at the same time.

That's dumb. Kinda wish they would go along with everyone else if flash/daily sales are officially dead.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Really wish i could put my wishlist into categories in steam.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

strategery posted:

Really wish i could put my wishlist into categories in steam.

I wish you could sort your library using tags the way that you can with the store.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Guy Mann posted:

Steam added the ability to customize the discovery queue, including the ability to block Early Access games and blacklist keywords, so even if that's the entirety of the sale metagame again it will still be better than last winter.
Now if it would block any VR games.

I would be thankful in advance if someone can grab a copy of Dragonball Xenoverse and/or the three DLC, if any of them has a pricing error of 80+% off for the first day of the sale. I can trade for wishlist stuff or inventory items and a mystery prize.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 23, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Scalding Coffee posted:

Now if it would block any VR games.

I got you, fam.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Thankfully my 1080 is coming in Friday and 1440p monitor is coming in Saturday so I'll be able to have something completely overkill for the indie games I buy this sale.

KoB
May 1, 2009

sauer kraut posted:

I just paid full price for the Witcher 3 season pass, I must attone to gaben for my transgressions :smith:

Still worth it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

I got you, fam.

You forgot Dating Sim. Is there a tag I can block that will prevent it from showing me iOS/Android ports?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Guy Mann posted:

I got you, fam.

I still get all the VR titles.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Guy Mann posted:

I got you, fam.

Blocking HOGs? Shameful.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Mann posted:

I wish you could sort your library using tags the way that you can with the store.

Holy poo poo yes this

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Come hang in the IRC channel we're mostly normal people who will tell you to buy every game.

I don't have much I want this sale since I already have an enormous library but I hope DO4M goes on a good sale because I've been wanting that for the single player.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Guy Mann posted:

I got you, fam.

Shameful that you would block anime.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm installing Dota 2, so I can unpack some gifts, so I can sell them for the sale. I might have a problem.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Substandard posted:

I'm installing Dota 2, so I can unpack some gifts, so I can sell them for the sale. I might have a problem.

I did this with TF2 a couple times. Made some decent money each time too.

If you wanted to buy that terrible GMG mystery key deal thing, post your steam ID here instead.

Next 5 people to do so get some free terrible mystery keys.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jordan7hm posted:

If you wanted to buy that terrible GMG mystery key deal thing, post your steam ID here instead.

gently caress it

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 23, 2016

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jordan7hm posted:

On the one hand, thank you for your generosity!

On the other hand, this might be a terrible game - but what the heck. Hit me!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/zekkass/

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Double post

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I like terrible.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Jordan7hm posted:

I got Far Cry Primal twice from that 10 pack :getin:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ponchisg gently caress it ill play bad games

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zwethegreat/ Hell why not, start the sale of right with a bad game.

EDIT: Awesome, thanks for Steel Rain. Been wanting to try that one!

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 23, 2016

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Cowman posted:

I hope you're kidding.
I bought 2 10 packs, and got crap :smith:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Whale Cancer posted:

I like terrible.

you should add me because the game I have for you actually isn't terrible.

also I'll do the next 5 people too.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Thanks, Jordan7hm!

Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars is terrible, but in a fun, shlocky kind of way. I traded some fish for a new shield device with some alien birdfolk, then splatted myself on some weird aliens who spammed smaller ships at me. :rip: It's a roguelike, alright, and I'm going to go see how my next ship dies.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Cowman posted:

loving gently caress it I'm gonna buy one, prepare your profiles.
Edit: hang on it says it's out of stock god damnit just hold on :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Cowman posted:

No you didn't

• Locked thread