Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

I feel like I look forward more to the various gifs/videos/music that gets generated at sale time than the actual sale itself :allears:

I made those for the last sale (maybe 2 sales ago) - I should probably make one for tomorrow. I'm just not feeling the sale fever as much since dailies were removed so I haven't bothered yet.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wowzers, 40% off Doom! Or 35% off the new Tomb Raider. These are the choices that keep me up at night.

Invisible Inc. DLC for $2.50. No brainer there.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's an amazing game and everyone should buy it.

Quoting this smart man. I didn't even utilize the "load your own music" function, as the game has plenty of rad beats to murder monsters to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0u6FFlrmUA

Really kicks in at 30 seconds.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 23, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's also one of the best-designed roguelikes I've ever played.

It's definitely unique, which I appreciated. The Shopkeeper singing to the music is a hilarious touch as well.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Was Jackbox Party Pack 2 any good apart from Quiplash? Because if not, I'll just grab Quiplash for $4 and possibly Drawful 2. That should be plenty of fun times for dinner parties.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ceyton posted:

No discounts on Ori or Factorio :smugjones:

Ori just had a huge GOTY/definitive/whatever update that previous owners got for $5 but cost newcomers the full $20, so I am not surprised at the lack of discount there.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 23, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Accordion Man posted:

The Party Pack 2 version of Quiplash is the version with the most prompts because Jackbox kind of hosed us backers/buyers of vanilla Quiplash and never added those new prompts as DLC.

Standalone doesn't have as many questions/prompts as the pack? That's insane. Guess I'll get the full pack then.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kragger99 posted:

I'm like the one goon that didn't love Dishonored, but I'd also agree with the others - Get It! (and the DLC)

I'm with you. Good game, but I didn't go bonkers over it. However, it has some of the best DLC I've seen in a game. Really solid stuff that isn't some cheap tacked on mission/outfit/whatever. New powers with an interesting perspective on the story? Why yes please.

Definitely a solid pick for FPS fans that haven't played it. $5 for the base game, or $12 for everything is a crazy deal.

Edit: True, the better ending is stealth, but if you go for the kills you can do some really fun stuff:

Spoilers for showing available powers/consumable items I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3vsXDJ9kCE

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 24, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm really trying to train myself to avoid doing it; even if I miss the daily deals and flash sales those were the worst offender when it came to "ooooh, 90% off!" impulse purchases, these past sales I've done the wishlist/budget comparison and that helped ensure I got what I really wanted to play and maybe leave a few bucks for those "let's try this one!" games.

That's the way to do it. I don't have a lot of time for gaming anyway these, so one big game for myself and a party game or two for guests will probably be the future sale trend for me.

Nothing can stop the gifting spirit, however.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Edmond Dantes is a goon of the highest standard who hit me with the Pillars of Eternity expansion, White March II. Thanks! I have been itching for another play through if/when I can ever tear myself away from Overwatch. There have been a ton of updates and changes - I'll have to give some serious thought to my main character to prepare.

Edit: Possibly Druid? I suppose I should try to find the PoE thread again.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 25, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bob A Feet posted:

Whats the gimmick/get rich quick scheme this sale? Is there one?

The get rich days are long gone unfortunately. Not sure about the gimmick, but it's not looking hopeful unless there is another ARG still undiscovered like last time when it was realized far too late.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
While on the topic, Dungeonmans ($7.49) is another recent roguelike gem that has staying power for those new to the genre and veterans as well.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

victrix posted:

Seconded, I shill this pretty regularly, but I don't think I did for this sale :v:

Big writeup: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=208173274

Basically if 'dungeon crawling rpg with interesting tactical combat and great music' tickles your fancy, get it and play it. It is a permadeath roguelike, but I can't think of many that are friendlier if you're new due to way the progression system works.

We have a thread for it here on the forums that's active on and off, someone was asking for a 'halp, newbie!' info post, if I unlazy I'll put something together for that.

Thanks for the expanding on my post. I wasn't willing to put in that much effort on a phone. Looks like you already helped sway one person!

Edit: I can't post enough about the music. The guy took heavy cues from Final Fantasy Tactics and FF XII. This is not a comparison by me - he said so outright. It's fantastic all around.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 26, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Robotic Accolade posted:

Game recommendations?

How much will your budget allow? Overwatch is $40 - I would heavily recommend that over all the other games you listed with your situation. I have three kids myself, so being able to play for 20-60 minutes after everyone is asleep is the norm. An RPG or something that requires a lot of focus on story is a bit daunting for me at the moment. The Overwatch goon community is great, and you can put as little or as much time in as you want.

If you want something from Steam, DOOM is another solid choice. It won't take you a ton of time to complete with your dwindling free time, but you can shoot for all the secrets or play through again with everything unlocked to squeeze a bit more fun out of it. Even with the shorter complete time, the SP is incredibly polished and fun.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Apart from gifting a few things, I will probably hold off on big purchases until the winter sale. Not this sale, little Gaben. Not this sale:

I am sure this GIF applies to many others

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

Ok, let's talk first person/third person kinda-Portal-like puzzle/platformer games.

Games I've enjoyed in this 'genre' so far:
-The Talos Principle - I'm still playing through it but I like the atmosphere and the mechanics are pretty cool.
-Antichamber - has some crazy contrasted color-palette but owns mechanically
-The Quantum Conundrum - made by the creators of Portal and I should probably come back to it as I never finished it
-A Story About My Uncle - ok, it's more of a grappling hook game but still, I have it in my backlog but haven't played it yet
-Q.U.B.E. - another game I own but haven't played yet but it looks like it was pretty well received
-Polarity - it was alright I guess but very uneven when it comes to level quality

Games I'm looking at:
-Deadcore - looks interesting and the graphics are nice but it's apparently pretty hard, can somebody confirm/deny?
-Refunct - looks minimalistic but cool, it seems it focuses more on the platforming aspect though, anybody played it?
-Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube - focuses on cubes or something, anybody?
-Chroma Gun - looks like Portal with a bad art-direction, but hey, maybe it's fun?
-Attractio - some kind of reality show version of Portal

Don't forget Gateways! Fun little puzzler with different types of portals to use. No idea why it isn't on sale though.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Recently beat a few games (Darkest Dungeon is next since I got it this sale, which is super fun by the way) so I cleaned up my categories. If you follow my 30-day lifetime (because let's be serious) plan, you too can be free of backlog! Infomercial aside:

Steam sales no longer have control over me. Didn't there used to be a Steam Anonymous thread? I'll sponsor somebody.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Shout out to Xander77 for tossing the Serious Sam DLC for Talos Principle my way. Any excuse to play more Talos Principle is a good excuse. Thanks!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Adequate posted:

Gaming is weird and I suddenly want the Talos Principle.

If you like puzzle games at all (especially those with an interesting story), you absolutely need to get Talos Principle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

Another sale behind us. I bought some games but I'm not listing them because it's not important. More flesh deals next time.

If you want to keep the summer gaming spirit going remember that Summer Games Done Quick 2016 just started: https://gamesdonequick.com/

I've got a flesh deal for you whenever you want it, Palpek.

• Locked thread