Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Highwang posted:

Its interesting that they call it ant-clockwise rather than counter-clockwise in the game. Not sure if that was due to general theme-ing or was counter-clockwise not a term during the victorian era?

Anti Clockwise is how its said in the UK and since Bloodborne and the Souls games use British spellings and terms a lot, it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I have to admit, the snake-enemies are the worse enemy design in this game.

Edit: Are you planning to use any other weapon besides from the hammer?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Every time you shove your arm into a pig's butt for a visceral attack, I think of an episode from This American Life discussing the potential use of pork "bung" (rectum) as a potential substitute for calamari. Which spawned this wonderful picture.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

Samovar posted:

I have to admit, the snake-enemies are the worse enemy design in this game.

Edit: Are you planning to use any other weapon besides from the hammer?

Without going into details; yes.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
There's something about the previous episode that I just had to grab a gif of. It's too perfect.

My favourite trap in the game right there.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

There's a mildly amusing thing about the Gravegaurd set, whilst most of it is where you found it that one item above is the hat. Thus Dores was decapitated and his head ended up above his body.

I'm surprised you didn't swap to your sword for the Snorbs to be honest. They flinch off everything and your sword swings fast enough that you shouldn't get hit by much at all. Finally the Snakes themselves are parasitic in nature, they lay eggs in living or dead humans and that's where the men with snake heads come from, the really big ones are presumably super ancient ones.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm surprised you didn't swap to your sword for the Snorbs to be honest. They flinch off everything and your sword swings fast enough that you shouldn't get hit by much at all.

It's also a better choice because the blobs are weak to thrusting damage which you can do with the sword r2. Probably would have oneshot them.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Please don't spoil enemies from later in the game.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

As just a general heads up, prrrrrobably won't be able to get a video up this sunday. Birthday shenanigans are tomorrow, and I've been editing footage for a recording session all day, so, chance of me getting an actual episode up are slim.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

UPDATE:

Episode 12: Everything is fine.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Does Bleaksoul regret his words and deeds?

Probably not

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Somewhere, David Icke starts sweating and doesn't know why.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

Dvac drew some excellent fanart of the snakes in a robe totally normal humans attempting to buy movie tickets!

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

I can't believe you murdered 3 teen snakes in robes. They just wanted to see an R-rated movie!

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
So do all the shadows summon giant snakes at the end or did you willingly choose to fight Orochimaru?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Highwang posted:

So do all the shadows summon giant snakes at the end or did you willingly choose to fight Orochimaru?

Whichever one is last can summon snakes. IIRC it's also tied to how much damage you've done to them overall, so if you try to game the system by bringing their health bars down concurrently then you'll face three teen snakes while one of them continually summons dad snakes.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Everything that is alive is a snake, and everything that's a snake can kill you. Welcome to snakeworld.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The AI for summoning snakes is different for each shadow. The ranged one does it the least because he can always attack you, the two melee guys do it when you aren't close enough for them to swing at.

Funnily enough this makes the one with a candle the most likely to summon snakes because he actually doesn't have as much range on his sword as the other swordsman, who can whip out snakes like extended arms.

So the Oedon Writhe comes from the nun and the sedative from the old lady, if you'd sent the guy who does the opposite I think you get a different sort of rune and the cannibal gives Beast Blood Pellets. Also Iosefka's Blood Vial drops from Iosefka, so who's talking?

The Chapel is actually entirely safe, unless you send the cannibal there but he's pretty obviously a bad person anyway. The tell for Iosefka's Imposter is that she will let people in, which Iosefka herself won't, and that whilst Iosefka knows who you are if you talk with her and take enough blood vials the Imposter never knows you.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

UPDATE:

Episode 13: Compufreak yells about the sky.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh Dvac. So distrustful!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Djura has the same voice actor as King Vendrick from Dark Souls 2 which is pretty cool.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Episode 14: Compufreak yells about a burger

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I personally don't mind the Iosefka Hunter fight. Admittedly I was using the Threaded Cane which in sword mode stun-locks most NPC hunters, so a lot of the fights weren't that hard.

Also this is Yurie, the Last Scholar. Who is studying the remains of the studies of Byrgenwerth. Henryk only shows up here if you kill him I'm pretty sure.

I guess Kevin will have to show off becoming a squid-kid, as you cannot get enough Cords for Sir Bleaksoul.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Oh boy, I can't wait for the reactions to all the fun stuff that's going to go down next episode. A whole lotta good stuff opens up around this point, so it'll be interesting to see what gets tackled first.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

UPDATE:

Episode 14: Everything is still fine.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Regarding the optional Gehrman encounters in the dream, I can give you footage for those if you need it.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Regarding the optional Gehrman encounters in the dream, I can give you footage for those if you need it.

I might need them, yeah. Either that or grab it somewhere off youtube, like I actually did in an upcoming video for a different scenario.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Gotta say, I'm a huge fan of Rom the Dudebro Spider

Also I might be going bonkers but is Rom supposed to be some kinda version of the final boss of Demons Souls?

Highwang fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 18, 2016

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ah, it should be pointed out that killing Rom did not trigger the changes, per say. Rom more... hid the effects of what Yarnham REALLY looks like.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
I'll echo the cries of "gently caress you!" aimed at the Bloody Crow. God, I hate that guy. And I had the pleasure of taking him on pre-nerf. The next time I just abused the trick to easily beating him. Pretty sure they patched that out though, so... have fun!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Once you beat Rom all the Window NPC's baring the second girl at Gascoigne's house are gone, most likely they turned into beasts or just simply died.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samovar posted:

Ah, it should be pointed out that killing Rom did not trigger the changes, per say. Rom more... hid the effects of what Yarnham REALLY looks like.

Eh, it's a little of column A, a little of column B. As the note in the room before Oedon Chapel mentions, the Byrgenwerth spider holds all manner of rituals.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I personally find the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst easier than the Yahar'Gul trio, simply because I had the Threaded Cane and it nearly stun-locks him, and the game is better balanced for fighting a single hunter over three. Also I'm pretty sure he's meant to either be Eileen's master or her student, because he's got a pretty eclectic mix of gear but shares her cloak. The name is also pretty telling in my opinion. This is also why it's her fight, she knows him personally.

The main thing Rom does is open the doors to Yahar'Gul and make almost every high insight effect permanent. There's one other effect at like 90+ but it's really hard to notice.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

UPDATE:

Episode 15: gently caress the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Aw, poor Eileen.

Edit: Also, a sky-burial refers to the unusual, but interesting, funerary rite of systematically butchering the corpse of the dead so as to feed it to carrion birds.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I wouldn't really call Arianna being a descendant of Cainhurst debatable. Aside from the dress there's the fact that she's got special healing blood which normally only Blood Saints have, and there's an item description later that just straight up says she has "corrupted blood" which is the term used to refer to Cainhurst blood.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Samovar posted:

Aw, poor Eileen.

Edit: Also, a sky-burial refers to the unusual, but interesting, funerary rite of systematically butchering the corpse of the dead so as to feed it to carrion birds.

I thought it was just leaving them on top of a really high place for the carrion birds, but that makes way more sense so cool to learn new things.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Gotta get those reps in.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
That crow guy is super easy with an arcane build. I never beat him fair and square by hitting him with various objects, but using eldritch horrors chumps him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Bloothirsty Rando's trick weapon: Creeping Keyboard.

• Locked thread