Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Does the uk have a voter turnout problem like the US does.

oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.

vug posted:

i signed the petition to call it off on general principle
Woo someone signed a petition online! That means so much!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Beep Street posted:

Woo someone signed a petition online! That means so much!

It actually does impact stuff. In the same way "regular" petitions do.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
but its the official government one where they say if it gets 100k likes they'll give you a shout out in parliament.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What's wrong with not wanting to be part of an economic allaince/union when your country puts in wealth than it receives? I think is totally reasonable reason to leave.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Snatch Duster posted:

What's wrong with not wanting to be part of an economic allaince/union when your country puts in wealth than it receives? I think is totally reasonable reason to leave.

Nothing. Except it might have repercussions that will result in your country loses even more wealth than it would have. The whole thing seems like a reactionary move by angry people.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
a recent Brexit poll was rubbed around my lips and smacked against my face before finally being shoved firmly into my warm, wet mouth.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Snatch Duster posted:

The net benefit we get back from the EU is about £70billion a year, about 5% of the gdp

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
He who would trade his liberty for an iPhone 6s deserves neither!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

JiveHonky posted:

a recent Brexit poll was rubbed around my lips and smacked against my face before finally being shoved firmly into my warm, wet mouth.

_________/
mmmmmm

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
those tanks with the EU flag on them are gonna be used to quell this little revolt. calling it in advance

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Ratjaculation posted:

The net benefit we get back from the EU is about £70billion a year, about 5% of the gdp

that number seems unlikely. like really unlikely. is it well researched or from a rag article that pulled it out of the air?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Confederation of British Industry's literature review
http://news.cbi.org.uk/reports/our-global-future/factsheets/

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Alternatively, a Page 3 girl said it.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

Confederation of British Industry's literature review
http://news.cbi.org.uk/reports/our-global-future/factsheets/

ahhh, a bunch of big business owners are in favor of an fta. shocking.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

I support this whole thing because it's brought us news like this: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36537180

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Germstore posted:

ahhh, a bunch of big business owners are in favor of an fta. shocking.

read the review you turd

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

read the review you turd

if you can find where they actually show their work, I'd gladly reading it, but I'll I can find "it has been estimated that blah blah blah"- by whom and how?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

if you can find where they actually show their work, I'd gladly reading it, but I'll I can find "it has been estimated that blah blah blah"- by whom and how?

wow dont be willfully dense

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

Im surprised the betting markets have Brexit pegged at ~25-30%, haven't most recent polls shown a slight preference for brexit? I think brexiting would be real dumb but Ive got $26 riding on YES because it seems like a good buy

large undecided bucket is assumed to vote stay.

unfortunately.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

wow dont be willfully dense

everyone always says that to me, but- uh- when do we and when don't we take big businesses' word for something?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

everyone always says that to me, but- uh- when do we and when don't we take big businesses' word for something?

Most of the time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wait, was it because of the EU that I have to constantly click 'yes I consent to you using cookies like you have done for 20 loving years' everytime I go to a website?

I might be having a last minute change of heart.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Pound_Coin posted:

I'd say about 75% not liking brown people and 25% being ignorant fuckwits that have no idea what what we get out of the EU and do whatever the mainly right wing press tell them to

Excuse me pal here in the UK we don't judge people on skin colour, we judge them on having funny accents.

See we have an enlightened racism where skin tone doesn't matter but just coming from a place east of Germany means your a sub-human piece of poo poo who's going to steal my job or rape my missus.

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

Ork of Fiction posted:

BE BOLD, ENGLANDERS

whitewash! rather amusingly appropriate for the brexit debate, as it was totally inappropriate for that movie about women's suffrage.

or was that your point.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Wait, was it because of the EU that I have to constantly click 'yes I consent to you using cookies like you have done for 20 loving years' everytime I go to a website?

I might be having a last minute change of heart.

yes it is an EU reg, but the UK government will likely retain it and ban TLS encryption while they're at it

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ratjaculation posted:

USA makes a lot of money from Europe, but they aren't part of the EU.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

wanda posted:

whitewash! rather amusingly appropriate for the brexit debate, as it was totally inappropriate for that movie about women's suffrage.

or was that your point.

What's whitewash, precious?
(i'm appropriating the imagery already appropriated from revolutionary movements by entertainers and corporate tools. teh doubel irony.)

Emancipate urself from EU slavery!! No one but you can pay ur fines!!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
polling station violent incident/arrest sweepstakes

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ork of Fiction posted:

BE BOLD, ENGLANDERS

this is white people af

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Everyone using the term "Brexit" should be beaten with wet towels until death occurs.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Everyone using the term "Brexit" should be beaten with wet towels until death occurs.

Lots of dead motherfuckers then on your watch you monster

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

Im surprised the betting markets have Brexit pegged at ~25-30%, haven't most recent polls shown a slight preference for brexit? I think brexiting would be real dumb but Ive got $26 riding on YES because it seems like a good buy

sweet i won $74, sorry about youre currency and auto industry i guess

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Good Brexit friend!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So I don't know anything about the UK, or the EU. Why is it the end of England to leave the EU? And why on Earth would anyone want to leave the EU if it's so great?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Try reading, that's a good place to start finding the answer to those questions

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Tuxedo Gin posted:

he can come to the US

british people are hot and exotic here

that's only because we only see the wealthy ones and wealth has it's own beauty. the average brit is real pasty.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Teikanmi posted:

Thanks buddy. I've been reading. The best I can find is that England is now going to turn into a poo poo hole like Norway and Switzerland.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

Too bad they just lost twice that in the currency correction an hour ago.

CrimsonSaber
Dec 27, 2005
Metaphysicist
GBP just fell 11% to the USD in the hours preceding the news.

Get your shopping in now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

I'm not looking super hard but it's just a lot holy crap UK just hosed up lol and not really explaining why

• Locked thread