Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

mikerock posted:

EU has been holding Germany in check from getting its Place in the Sun

wwI is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

deutschland über alles, über alles in der welt

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
The EU is basically a German scheisse video.

A buff German and his slightly less impressive French bro drop trou and poo poo all over the poor european girls while a Belgian twink stands in the corner jerking off and gets the occasional thumbs up from the German guy.

That's my understanding of the EU.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

The EU is a big gaggle of idiots who woke up and realized they couldn't economically compete with the US or China so they joined together and made a single currency but they failed to realize that the true power of America and China comes from hating other countries more than we hate our own states/provinces.

Qvark
May 4, 2010
Soiled Meat
I like the EU

naem
May 29, 2011

CUM PATROL

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

why the hell are we arguing about the 17th century America in a thread about the European Union. The only people who have had a bad time in EU is the Greeks and the Ukraine

don't you live in india? Not just right now, but like for your entire life?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
German bankers dishing out loans at ridiculously high interest rates to awful countries' shithead administrations that can either take the loan or tell their constituents "welp, let's all skip breakfast for a solid 80 years". It's a really good scheme to make money fast but I'm not sure who convinced who that this model constitutes a form of government.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Also laws about how cucumbers shouldn't be curved because they have to legislate something

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

hemophilia posted:

Pre-industrial america, was surprisingly agrarian all around, and demand for slave labor was immense in all states and basically anywhere it wasn't illegal. Not to elevate georgia over philadelphia (both are poo poo) I hope this informs your opinions about 17th century america better.

17th century? But Oglethorpe didn't even found the Georgia colony until 1733, more than 3 decades into the 18th century. I hope this informs your opinions about the numbering of centuries better.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i always assumed the eu worked like game of thrones :shrug:

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
its the noise girls make when they smell u

lmao

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

The EU does two things. It forces poorer countries into bankruptcy by removing their ability to control their own circulation, then the richer members, mainly Germany and France, loot them with the help of the IMF and such.

Second, it allows labour and capital to be more easily moved from place to place, allowing local workers to be undercut and standards and taxes to be dodged.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Europe was a lot more interesting when they were killing the poo poo out of each other.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

Europe was a lot more interesting when they were killing the poo poo out of each other.

they should give that another try and see how it goes imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Tiberius Thyben posted:

The EU does two things. It forces poorer countries into bankruptcy by removing their ability to control their own circulation, then the richer members, mainly Germany and France, loot them with the help of the IMF and such.

Second, it allows labour and capital to be more easily moved from place to place, allowing local workers to be undercut and standards and taxes to be dodged.

This is what I thought OP

• Locked thread