Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tokyo Mirage Session, previously known as SMT X Fire Emblem is pretty much a new Persona game with you gaining a PersonaPerforma for each character based on a Fire Emblem character like Chrom or Cain.

The game is set in modern Tokyo, with the main character and his best friend being attacked by Mirages who are going around killing humans for the performa energy.

Gameplay is pretty much like Persona 4 with various magic enemies can be weak to, but with the weapon triangle from Fire Emblem (sword beats axe, axe beats spear, spear beats sword) in as well. Hitting a enemy with a weakness skill can cause a combo attack if your party member has a skill for Sword or Zio equipped in their Support Slot, with any other party member with that skill also joining in. There also a idol attack as well, but I only seen that in the video below.

Leveling in the game is like Fire Emblem with your character gaining random stats, so each playthrough one character can be way stronger then the last time. Unlike Persona 3 and 4 you keep the base Performa your character has for the whole game, but now gain more skills for them with the weapon you have equipped, with new ones can be crafted at Tiki's Garden from monster parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Gav2j_DTY

It's out now for the WiiU for disc and digital for $60. Digital is suppose to have faster load times if you are concern about them. There is a few DLCs on Day One,.

There also a special edition out for $80 with the following:

Rirse fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thank you for using my thread name

also:

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Can I date anime girls in this game, this is very important y/n

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dick Boat posted:

I actually think this is just a sorta standard RPG fair. Dungeons and such.

Just like 1000 times more weird and wacky.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dick Boat posted:

you can do side events with the other characters but there's not really a romantic angle or date scenes or anything, it's just kinda hanging out with your friends

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What is the DLC in the SE?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm ready for the Game of the Century to finally come out tomorrow

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What is the DLC in the SE?

I believe there's two costume DLCs and three bonus dungeons that give lots of exp, items, and materials respectively.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm ready for the Game of the Century to finally come out tomorrow

I'd say I agree but then I remembered that planet robobot came out this year/century

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

SylvainMustach posted:

I'd say I agree but then I remembered that planet robobot came out this year/century

Both are very excellent, it's a tough decision tbh

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Both are very excellent, it's a tough decision tbh

My point exactly.

So glad I have a half day at work tomorrow. I can't wait to get home, work out and then buckle in for the weekend

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
anime ftw

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Game of the Year 2016 Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is going to be great

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh, drat. This is coming out tomorrow.

I preordered it. :negative:

Game of the Year, Reverse SMT

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'm honestly delighted that this game is reviewing well because I kind of fell in love with it at first sight.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Dick Boat posted:

Idols can't be seen dating men, what's wrong with you

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PSA the full series of cinderella girls is on daisuki's youtube account

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I gotta be honest, this game looks like it will be bad.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Pollyanna posted:

you look like you will be bad :colbert:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Get this: It isn't.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

finally... games, are Art.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Can confirm that game is, in fact, Good.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Did anyone else preorder this from Amazon? I'm still watching the status waiting for it to even prepare for shipping. I'm worried I won't be able to get my animes tomorrow. :ohdear:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

The session system sounds cool, the ui is persona style, and the dungeons are set, so the gameplay is likely gonna be fun. Everything else looks really uninteresting though.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Did anyone else preorder this from Amazon? I'm still watching the status waiting for it to even prepare for shipping. I'm worried I won't be able to get my animes tomorrow. :ohdear:

I did, and I just about an hour ago got my shipping confirmation and tracking number. Estimated delivery: tomorrow by 8pm.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Oxxidation posted:

I'm honestly delighted that this game is reviewing well because I kind of fell in love with it at first sight.

Yeah I was incredibly excited since the first promo video. The one everyone bashed. I wish UPS would accidentally get the game to me today.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Should I just get this digital and put it on my external HD due to load times? Otherwise I'll pick it up on the way home from work tomorrow.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm ready for this game

Belan
May 7, 2007

Mr E posted:

Should I just get this digital and put it on my external HD due to load times? Otherwise I'll pick it up on the way home from work tomorrow.

These times are from the Japanese version, I doubt they've changed much.

launching the game: 15s vs 9s
save file loading: 13s vs 10s
map travel: 13s vs 9s
opening the menu: 2s vs 1s
entering the shop: 5s vs 3s
exiting the shop: 9s vs 5s
starting battles: 9s vs 5s
battle ending: 5s vs 4s

I'm going digital just for the battle load times.

Belan fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 23, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr E posted:

Scuttlebutt is that's a good idea if you have the option... but you still only save maybe a third of the time?

wow the severe E;FB, why does the forum not load the latest posts when I ask it :mad:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
cant wait to play jpop idol dressup simulator 2017, it looks like it will be good

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Didn't this game completely tank in Japan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

it reviewed very well, it just didn't sell great. that said the numbers looked worse than they actually were since japan has no sales reporting for digital sales.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah, what does that have to do with game quality

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tae posted:

Yeah, what does that have to do with game quality

I didn't mention quality anywhere in my post? I was just trying to remember how it preformed.

I mean regardless of how good or bad it is I was never gonna buy this game from the start since the it focuses on too many things I hate in modern JRPGs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
the things you hate in modern jrpgs are exactly the things that make modern jrpgs good. all the best jrpgs have been released in the past 12 years or so.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Maybe for you but I don't play games to watch teenagers gently caress around in a modern city. That's boring as hell to me. Its why I'll never be able to get into Persona games and their ilk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean regardless of how good or bad it is I was never gonna buy this game from the start since the it focuses on too many things I hate in modern JRPGs.

:frogout:

• Locked thread