Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lincoln posted:

Sounds like the EU wasn't very well thought-out, then.

Nothing Europe does collectively is very well thought out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Lincoln posted:

Are you worried the UK will suffer, or that the EU will suffer? Is the EU really so flimsy that the absence of the UK will wreck everything?

It was going to fall apart without Britain leaving, now it will just happen faster.
I'm glad of it.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how long til the europeans all world war each other again

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

too long imo

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

it's literally responsible for a sixth of europes economic output

A third.

The EU suffered just big of a blow as Britain as the UK. It's probably going to lead a lot more exits as well.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Parallax Scroll posted:

not long b ecause euros not murdering each other for all eternity was p much a result of the us giving them money to not kill each other

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Parallax Scroll posted:

Glad we can get back to the status quo of white people killing each other. ISIS needs a well deserved vacation.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The EU is a badly run garbage organisation so even if you like immigration there's still that

(I voted remain)

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dreddout posted:

Glad we can get back to the status quo of white people killing each other. ISIS needs a well deserved vacation.

thats the spirit

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Despite all the expert testimony and celebrity appeals and constant accusations of racism and forecasted economic doom, brexit won.

This bodes well for Donald Trump

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Toadvine posted:

Despite all the expert testimony and celebrity appeals and constant accusations of racism and forecasted economic doom, brexit won.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

Are people still trying to say Trump has no chance of winning even though he's the Republican nominee and every pools sites him being Hillary by a landslide?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lower class racists don't care if you accuse them of racism. as far as they are concerned it is the same as accusing them of being smart and handsome.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i am rather smart and handsome. thx4noticin

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Toadvine posted:

...forecasted economic doom...

This is good, right?

http://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=GBP&to=USD&amount=1

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Who would have thought that poor uneducated farmers have political opinions that are not based on facts?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

lilljonas posted:

Who would have thought that poor uneducated farmers have political opinions that are not based on facts?

Nobody votes with facts, fool

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Donald Trump will be god emperor and will conquer the british isles

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

Nobody votes with facts, fool

I do

because I don't vote :smugmrgw:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im at work, not clicking on a site called x-rates.com

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
what kind of referendum result you want

just gently caress my poo poo up fam

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Volume posted:

Are people still trying to say Trump has no chance of winning even though he's the Republican nominee and every pools sites him being Hillary by a landslide?

gently caress yea they are! Come to ycs for some prime fingers in ears disconnect.

"There's no way Trump will:
-get any votes
-fill any rallies
-win a state
-rise in the polls
-win a bunch of other states
-defeat Marco, Jeb, Cruz
-get the nomination
-ascend the throne
-deport the Obamas
-beat the reptilians
-bridge the psychic chasm

-actually build the wall
-make Mexico pay for it
"

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

:eyepop:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Parallax Scroll posted:

Christian nations don't fight each other idiot

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Lol I never looked up how the EU legislative process works and it is seriously fuked da hell up. I dunno how much power MEPs actually have (supposedly it has final say over proposed legislation but no power to write it?) Either way you could not create a more convoluted and backwards system if you tried your little heart out

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

welcome to german engineering

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lincoln posted:

Sounds like the EU wasn't very well thought-out, then.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the eu was only ever a way to temporarily stop the endless cycle of euro wars from starting up again now that the cold war is over. maybe they will find a new method once the eu dies, maybe not. gb certainly won't be excluded from those wars, so i hope they have fun with it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
How is the gonna affect Euro Truck simulator??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

An open letter to the OP: You're a 36 year old man who took up the new GBS posting style and bought a zany avatar in a sad bid for online acceptance and you're an embarrassment

• Locked thread