Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
We'd sooner have a revolution than a civil removal of federal authority in the US. There will be blood if you want out of the federal government on a real scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Toadvine posted:

drat, Texit is such a better portmanteau. America really is#1

There's also no real portmanteau for Texas to remain like there is with bremain.

This means Texit is our destiny.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Worlds Smuggest posted:

We'd sooner have a revolution than a civil removal of federal authority in the US. There will be blood if you want out of the federal government on a real scale.

texit is a cool word but for real states don't just leave the US by referendum. There's a p. bloody legal blood cost

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Um, excuse me, but you'll find the South exited the union quite peacefully and that it was in fact the aggression of the northerners that caused the war. Fort Sumter was a false flag.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Wrex-N-Effexxit

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
As a texan i am not for this. :(

Please let us stay. Please. We'll be good. Well, better.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Nathilus posted:

As a texan i am not for this. :(

Please let us stay. Please. We'll be good. Well, better.

Scoop Austin out of the earth whole, demolish Phoenix, and move Austin to Arizona. Problem solved.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Bosch posted:

Scoop Austin out of the earth whole, demolish Phoenix, and move Austin to Arizona. Problem solved.

We lose Austin and get a giant trash pit?

I'm for it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
sad thing is, texas seceding is probably the only thing obama would feel compelled to stop with the full strength of the us military

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
my life has experienced a Sexit. as in sex has exited my life in case i need to explain joke

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

im ready for sexit, and by "it" i mean my shlong and by "sex" i mean please someone im so lonely

e:beaten, like my sad pulp of a dick

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

loving lol. I look forward, with my box of buttery american popcorn, to the live footage of relentless waves of drone strikes pounding texas into tiny glass beads as the fed calmly goes to reclaim their property that the new traitor state has maliciously stolen

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Texas's only useful resources are oil and Californians they poached by paying them huge salaries to make up for the fact they have to live in a desert shithole.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Texas's only useful resources are oil and Californians they poached by paying them huge salaries to make up for the fact they have to live in a desert shithole.

Apparently Texas isn't the only state with a poo poo education system.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

did brazil stay or leave? i thought they werent even in europe?!

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Time to build that wall, pardner.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I say we trade Texas for Baja.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Texas might be the only place that could actually "afford" to exit, not saying it's a good idea. I mean we have our own oil, tons of water, power and crops.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

darkhand posted:

Texas might be the only place that could actually "afford" to exit, not saying it's a good idea. I mean we have our own oil, tons of water, power and crops.

Do you have your own army?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

The LAPD could successfully invade Texas.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

VendaGoat posted:

granted, last time this was asked more americans died than in any war or mass shooting before or since combined when everyone assumed it'd be over in a month

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
As a non Texan I'm always for the removal of a cancerous blight known as a southern state.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

US track record of quelling insurgents haven't been that great

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

darkhand posted:

We are however incredibly adept at killing ourselves. Even when we are not in a time of war.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

granted, last time this was asked more americans died than in any war or mass shooting before or since combined when everyone assumed it'd be over in a month

:)

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Again I'm not saying it's a good idea, but texas secession could mean russia getting involved in owning part of North american soil. It could be the outbreak of a world-war.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Those numbers forget that the south were radicalized terrorists so we really shouldn't count their deaths as American deaths

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

Those numbers forget that the south were radicalized terrorists so we really shouldn't count their deaths as American deaths

I wasn't

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

darkhand posted:

The vietnamese were said to have built tunnels that could hold a 747. Just a little wider and you could fit some texan infantry in those things.

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

VendaGoat posted:

We have a pretty large national guard presence, our own air guard, and an actual militia all under command of Prince Abbot. There are a lot of active duty folks at our varying bases, but lord knows which way they'll point their weapons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Military_Forces

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

We have a lot of bases and weapons in our borders, or near them, yes. In a separation incident, it's not going to be peaceful and would probably actually hinge on the ability to take and control the assets if not loyal officers and soldiers HTH

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

The vietnamese were said to have built tunnels that could hold a 747. Just a little wider and you could fit some texan infantry in those things.

DELETE THIS

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The "Texas Guard" are a bunch of knuckle-dragging morons.

If Texit occurs, I vote that Houston and Austin remain. We'll be the Scotland of Texas, and the rest of the state can go back to loving their cousins for all I care.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Can Texas take Oklahoma with it?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i say we let them do it because every time a styate does this they put up a big fuss and everyone stomps their feet when they dont get their way and tbh im ready to watch these people suffer and have to come crawling back to the union

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Didn't Texas actually vote for this once and it didn't even get close to passing. I mean the fed gov was like "that's nice dear" regardless of the answer.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

In an alternate, better universe, Texas is an uninhabited wasteland instead of an inhabited wasteland

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The "Texas Guard" are a bunch of knuckle-dragging morons.

If Texit occurs, I vote that Houston and Austin remain. We'll be the Scotland of Texas, and the rest of the state can go back to loving their cousins for all I care.

The cool thing here is that the 'no' votes from Houston, Dallas, and Austin means we're safe.

It sucks that the hicks from the poo poo towns surrounding us give the whole state a bad rep.

nullEntityRNG posted:

Didn't Texas actually vote for this once and it didn't even get close to passing. I mean the fed gov was like "that's nice dear" regardless of the answer.

Figured I'd look it up.

Google... what... :laffo:

xov fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 24, 2016

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

more americans died than in any war or mass shooting before or since combined

this hasn't been true since vietnam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hemophilia posted:

We have a lot of bases and weapons in our borders, or near them, yes. In a separation incident, it's not going to be peaceful and would probably actually hinge on the ability to take and control the assets if not loyal officers and soldiers HTH

this would fail miserably hth

• Locked thread