Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

So I made a decision that I hope is the correct one. On the surface, it may seem like an unwise decision. However, I believe my rationale for it is sound.
Basically, the $600 we pay per month for daycare for our son just so I could work at Wells Fargo was eating up all of our money to the point where bills and even rent was getting paid late.
I decided to quit Wells Fargo and get on full-time as a delivery driver at Dominos. I can get scheduled hours where our son doesn't require any daycare at all and where I can make as much, if not more, than I was making working at Wells Fargo. I was only making $12/hr at Wells to do a very stressful job that really should have come with a much higher pay rate. With my tips, money I get for gas and my base pay at Dominos, I easily make anywhere from $13-$18/hr delivering pizzas. Our cars are extremely fuel efficient. So at the most, it costs me a $1/hr for gas to do that job. And when I deliver, I make closer to the $17/hr range with everything.
I got poo poo full of being broke four days before payday or when payday came, there not being enough money to cover everything. What's nice about delivering is you get all your tips at the end of the night. That's about 60-70% of what I make. I will just have to make sure I'm paying bills with some of that money. This is just a temporary solution as I don't want to deliver pizzas forever but we need to get our finances in order and live within our means instead of above them. Daycare is just out of reach for us financially right now. I've taken about 85 deliveries for Dominos. Average tip per delivery is around $3.75 and I've only been stiffed twice which is pretty good I think. So yeah, working from 6-1:45 a.m. delivering tonight. Gonna be a late night/early morning for me. Hoping to get to bed by 3:30 a.m.

tldr can you bullet it or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

I gather this person quit their job at Wells Fargo to instead deliver pizzas, it always makes me chuckle. :)

oh i thought it was your story, muffin :psyduck:

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i got lunch it had chicken and coleslaw and beans and hotsauce and iced tea

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Chinatown posted:

the only time i got paid every week was when i was driving a forklift as was a full blown alcoholic

don't lie goons only do stuff half-assed, never full-blown

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Iron Crowned posted:

I full-blowned your mom's half-rear end last night

my mom's hot good for you

• Locked thread