Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This is the stupidest show I've ever watched. Episode 8 especially.
"In accordance with the Syrian government, we tested the brain exploding drug on zoo animals. You know, giraffes, pandas and baby seals."

"You had a confidential meeting with the CIA today. Can you tell us what the CIA said?"

Oh god, still episode 8:

"This is what a baby seal looks like before it's head exploded. And I can not let that happen."

:allears:

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I'm guessing you've never watched C-SPAN.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Gunsmoke was pretty good this week!

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Necroskowitz posted:

Gunsmoke was pretty good this week!

While that was funny as hell, its got to be annoying for anyone who can't remember what went on and needed the catch up.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

ukle posted:

While that was funny as hell, its got to be annoying for anyone who can't remember what went on and needed the catch up.
It's some kinda meta joke. It's just a bunch of overly complicated politics stuff. Let's watch action TV instead.

This show is only getting one season right? It wouldn't really work in a post election year. And the viewership ratings must be abysmal if even the narrator switches the channel. :v:

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

ukle posted:

It was one of the funniest tv moments I've seen in a very long time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

T.C. posted:

It was one of the funniest tv moments I've seen in a very long time.

I wouldn't go that far, but the recap songs are the best part of the show (and I do enjoy the show generally). I'm not sure about this CIA thing though, it seems like it might just be there to give them something to do in the next couple of episodes instead of getting right to the resolution.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Glad I found the this thread, I thought I was like the only person who watches it.

Definitely a great show

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
We're probably not getting a second season, but I really enjoyed this one.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Well that got resolved quickly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gonz posted:

I think it worked well as a self-contained story anyway. I feel like too many shows go on too long and instead of being remembered as great they're remembered as mediocre or "good for a while but got poo poo".

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Goddamn I wish more people watched this show.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

That was a really solid season of television

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Still have 3 or so episodes to go and all I know is that I want to see nothing but Tony Shalhoub vehicles until he keels over / his head explodes.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Finished the show other day and man it was such a fun little show. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. The wrap up was a bit fast but I think it was still a satisfying ending. A second season isn't really needed but I wouldn't be oppose to one.

Tony Shalhoub was the best.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I loved this. Insane in all the right ways. Part of me wishes that the season finale had been more of a bloodbath, but I liked that it ended up sucking for a few characters -- though it was a bit disconcerting that the finale had Luke grinning and swaggering around when his Luke's wife and daughter are now severely brain damaged.

I love that the interns finally got their own back, while remaining as clueless as they ever were. Go team intern!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Gonz posted:

Echoing this. I enjoyed it a lot, the writing was great, but I'm unsurprised that it is probably not getting a second season.

• Locked thread