Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
with no casket or anything covering it? Just like rolled the bitch into the ground and put dirt on her how long would it take before everything but bones was left? weeks months or years?

edit: average sized person around 60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Love Crime posted:

with no casket or anything covering it? Just like rolled the bitch into the ground and put dirt on her how long would it take before everything but bones was left? weeks months or years?

depends on where they are buried

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
24-72 hours after death......Internal organs begin to decompose.
3-5 days after death............Body starts bloating. Blood-containing foam begins leaking from mouth and nose.
8-10 days after death..........Massive decomposition of organs in abdomen accumulate massive gas; body turns from green to red becuase of blood decomposition.
Several weeks after death...Nails and teeth begin to fall.
1 month after death.............Body starts to become fluid.

There is actually places called body farms where they have turned this poo poo into a science for people in criminal investigation school to learn about forensics :eng101:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It's also dependent on how humid and warm your area is. A body in Florida would decompose 4x faster than a body in Nebraska.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

It's also dependent on how humid and warm your area is. A body in Florida would decompose 4x faster than a body in Nebraska.

that was where I was going, but windows 98 made it weird

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
how do you know that windows 98?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Because I'm a loving serial killer

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

oh thank god. I thought you might be a doctor

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Weapon of choice: shovel

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
How long does it take until there's no DNA information left in the bones? Mitochondrial DNA and whatnot?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Windows 98 posted:

3-5 days after death............Body starts bloating. Blood-containing foam begins leaking from mouth and nose.
8-10 days after death..........Massive decomposition of organs in abdomen accumulate massive gas; body turns from green to red becuase of blood decomposition.

There is actually places called body farms where they have turned this poo poo into a science for people in criminal investigation school to learn about forensics :eng101:

wow body farm is a fun thing to type in GIS

also
http://www.relativelyinteresting.com/what-happens-to-your-body-after-you-die/

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

most people call body farms cemeteries

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf9OjdeIwRI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFJrow7yaec

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Adipocere is the grey-black waxy stuff that happens as fat and tissue decay. It translates to "grave wax."
Read Bill Bass's autobiography, OP, and have a fine time! :allears:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Love Crime posted:

ask your mom.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

huh, we just put tons of dirt on them

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

make sure you know who owns the land and if there is any kind of utility work, construction, flooding, or anything else. you need to keep tabs on the land because if somebody wants to do work there you need to go move the body before they find it

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
How long does the miasma linger around you? How does one properly cleanse themselves before asking the gods forgiveness or justifying ones actions before the gods?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OP, if you go to a pig farm, you can cut up the body and the pigs will just eat everything. No worries about anybody finding the body.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Serviette posted:

How long does the miasma linger around you? How does one properly cleanse themselves before asking the gods forgiveness or justifying ones actions before the gods?

if you have to justify it to a god you did it wrong

you need a new, more understanding god, or you need to be producing bodies for better reasone

Him
Oct 9, 2015
Not nearly long enough. Believe me.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

OP, if you go to a pig farm, you can cut up the body and the pigs will just eat everything. No worries about anybody finding the body.

Robert Pickton pro tip :canada:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Love Crime posted:

Cool guy that likes to make posts about stuff that lets you know not to "gently caress" with that guy.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Faith, if he be not rotten before he die—as we have many pocky corses nowadays that will scarce hold the laying in— he will last you some eight year or nine year. A tanner will last you nine year.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Three-Phase posted:

How long does it take until there's no DNA information left in the bones? Mitochondrial DNA and whatnot?

More than 100,000 years in some cases. Of course, results vary depending on circumstance.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I hear if you pee on the corpse after u bury it, it can't come back as a zombie hope that helps OP

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

frogge posted:

I hear if you pee on the corpse after u bury it, it can't come back as a zombie hope that helps OP

you actually have to blow necrotic energy into the corpse through its penis/vagina

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Das Boo posted:

Fun fact: A 10-year-old girl went missing during a recent hurricane in one of the southern states. Apparently she sought refuge, or was blown under a sofa that had ended up in the woods near her house. The sofa was upside down, creating a tent-like structure. She died under it, shortly after arriving there. When she was found 10 days later, she had been completely skeletonized. The couch was covered in Naugahyde, and the conditions beneath it were absolutely perfect for decomposition and insect action. Initially, the family did not believe that it was her skeleton, but genetic testing proved it out.

I don't remember all the details, but this story was mentioned in William Maple's book Dead Men Do Tell Tales, a book about forensic anthropology. It's a fascinating read.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Windows 98 posted:

how long before your semen inside of the body breaks down and becomes untraceable, asking for a friend.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
It is interesting: what happens to what we leave behind.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
begin the process of PUTREFACTION.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

I have heard you can live 'forever'.

Haven't tried it yet.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
these earthly forms merely await the Day of Resurrection. there is no death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

op you really should report your parents death it's wrong to keep cashing in their social security checks.

• Locked thread