Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It won't be the end of the world. It won't even kill everyone: We just don't have enough nukes for that. Have fun probably dying years later from starvation or disease and if not living in extreme poverty trying to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

thathonkey posted:

lol if you think WW3 won't involve nuclear weapons just loving lol

Haven't we actually escalated it to the point where nuclear weapons being used still might not mean WW3?

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

BRICS was always at war with ASEAN

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

No it hasn't, OP. I'm not sitting in miles of glass.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

OhsH posted:

Honestly why would u want to survive the ens of the world.

You know how funny it is to think about 9/11 and all the ppl who died? Imagine being alive in a bunker thinking about all the stupid loving shitheads who got murdered by WW3!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
IT'd be like if some1 flew a plane into the Earth, and the plane was full of atom bombs!

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Isaac posted:

Can someone do a breakdown of whos gonna win out of this mess?

Whoever is maintaining an alert strategic eye on the most worthwhile locales, and not only commandeers that territory but also secures it whilst managing to keep the other parties at bay, come what may, will have the win in the bag.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
lol the only war going on is the war on ur moms rear end in a top hat and im pretty deep into enemy territory right now

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
World War 3 happened a long time ago.. Fortunately we invented a time machine shortly after and managed to go back in time just before it started so we could undo the events

However, World War 4 is about to start and we're all outta time machines

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

good

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Jukeboxblues posted:

lol the only war going on is the war on ur moms rear end in a top hat and im pretty deep into enemy territory right now

there's a lot of browns to kill in there :D

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

India fighting against Russia? Brazil Against the US? Ecuador With the U.S.?

:goonsay:

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Thunder Moose posted:

India fighting against Russia? Brazil Against the US? Ecuador With the U.S.?

:goonsay:

Bring on Chile!

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Isaac posted:

Im gonna take up alcoholism to escape the draft

Don't sweat it. A history of anxiety disorders and/or suicidal behavior is disqualifying for the US armed forces so most goons are exempt.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

ReverendDre posted:

Bring on Chile!

Chile will join up with the commies as a trick, they'll lure the surrounding countries in and then there'll be a massive earthquake, killing them all

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Instead of a blitzkrieg, world war 3 will be initiated with the nuclear apocalypse and I personally can't wait. I'm gonna be a cool loner wanderer type and I'm gonna have some sort of fireaxe I think, like a custom fireaxe and also a super neat motorcycle. Then one day of wandering the wasteland and finding cool treasure, I happen upon a beautiful woman and we fall madly in love and I help her rescue this village from a bunch of raiders

i cant wait

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Looks like World War 3 is shaping up to be a monster

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm glad Colombia is on our side, for many reasons.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:yeah:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Elukka posted:

It won't be the end of the world. It won't even kill everyone: We just don't have enough nukes for that. Have fun probably dying years later from starvation or disease and if not living in extreme poverty trying to survive.

All those guys saying they want to be killed instantly likely won't if it came down to it. A Russian first strike would mostly target American and NATO nuclear forces first, followed by military installations, government centers, communications junctions, and logistics centers like airports and dockyards that could be used to deploy nuclear-capable aircraft and warships. Most population centers would not be a priority or be hit by single strikes against facilities. For instance, a bulk of the Russians strategic nuclear forces would be used to pound at silos in North Dakota and Montana. Everyone who got spared in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Chicago, Detroit, etc. however, eats loving fallout because they'll be hitting with ground-penetrating strikes which will throw up literal tons of dirt and debris.

A retaliatory strike, however, will target population centers, but, because Russia uses mobile launchers that could go out into the Siberian wilderness and launch whenever, they can take their sweet time. Your city could be spared in the initial strike, and weeks could go by before some revenge-seeking conscript fires up a SS-18 Satan on your hometown. I believe there's even a strategy where the Russians would nuke border cities and major border crossings like Brownsville, El Paso, and San Diego a few days after the bulk of their retaliatory strike because they would get American refugees bunched up trying to evacuate.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

King of Bees posted:

I'm glad Colombia is on our side, for many reasons.

looks like this guys in love with the coco!

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I don't think the earth gives two shits about global thermonuclear war. It's been hit by meteors that make the entire global nuclear stock piles energy out put look like a wet fart and a hurricane.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Come at me, you dumb apes !!! We'll see who survives your own creations

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Zzulu posted:

World War 3 happened a long time ago.. Fortunately we invented a time machine shortly after and managed to go back in time just before it started so we could undo the events

However, World War 4 is about to start and we're all outta time machines
Yeah but isn't that the one scheduled to be fought with sticks and stones? It's gonna be fine.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Hey

You wanna embassy

I'll ask again in three turns

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

USA, UK, Australia/NZ, Canada, Russia (contingent on a Trump win, really), and any other country that wants to leave the EU/align with us vs. the world pls

russia is an odd inclusion in the Anglo Empire you have going on there. is this going to be a white guy alliance? i guess germany can't join any more they have thrown off their ratios

Machine Cult
Dec 23, 2005

A TEXT IS HERE

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

there is really no point in nuking Australia. They have birds that will kill them. just let them be

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

I swear it used to list the emus as the winners.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

It took a real long time to figure out nuclear fission and fusion. Nuclear bombs didn't just spring out of the ground.

ok so

1933 - first hypothesis of a nuclear chain reaction
1938 - first fission reaction achieved
1945 - deployed over nagasaki and hiroshima

you think longer than 12 years ? that's not a "real long time"

edit: fusion did take longer to develop but not that much longer after WW2 ended

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 26, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In the depths of the secret military installations under Siberia, there exists a weapon so powerful it will change the face of this world forever

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my message got cut off tehre but basically to sum it up, the weapon makes everyone gay lol, and then we pork

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Acid Haze posted:

Haven't we actually escalated it to the point where nuclear weapons being used still might not mean WW3?

depends who uses them/on what target and to what degree of "success" i would guess

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Isaac posted:

Lockheed has secured a contract to make ultra bullets. Theyre double the size of a normal bullet. The next step in military evolution.

If they are double the size of normal bullets, they won't fit in the gun. How dumb can you get?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tiberius Thyben posted:

If they are double the size of normal bullets, they won't fit in the gun. How dumb can you get?

The eggheads have worked out a new kind of gun

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Tiberius Thyben posted:

well it's lockmart so ...

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Isaac posted:

That reminds me I got to go do some egg work.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

After the first exchanges everyone took a deep breath and worked out a second round would be a bad idea. Losses were horrendous but the consensus was step back and try to settle things down.

Exactly what happened to Musswellbrook and why remains an uncomfortable mystery.

Several hours after the last city (Toronto of all places) was hit, the first Chinese missle hit Muswellbrook, a small town in the Hunter Valley 4 hours north of Sydney.

Over the next 8 days the same CEP, around 4km from the town centre was hit every 3-4 hours . Apart from the 1st hit, all strikes were groundbursts, all payloads were multi megaton dinosaur loads and more than a few of those were salted.

Apparently everyone who had nukes had a lash at Musswellbrook, it was a multinational effort

71 strikes all up....as though they were trying to grub something out of the ground that was really important and really hard. They created the largest man made hole ever dug, set 3 major coal seams alight and sterilized the southeast seaboard inland to Mildura.

They figure that within a few years every living thing will have a tiny bit of Muswellbrook lodged in them.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

who wants to armchair general this poo poo and try to predict how it starts?

imo, putin's gonna continue to putin and russia/nato gonna end up shooting at each other, either in syria or eastern europe. or both! russia will use tac nukes to compensate for their inferior military and once any nukes of any kind start flying then that's pretty much ballgame

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Isaac posted:

The ultra-gun.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Feranon posted:

who wants to armchair general this poo poo and try to predict how it starts?

imo, putin's gonna continue to putin and russia/nato gonna end up shooting at each other, either in syria or eastern europe. or both! russia will use tac nukes to compensate for their inferior military and once any nukes of any kind start flying then that's pretty much ballgame

Could you please go into a bit more detail. (especially about the nuclear part). I was close and don't want to suffer through blue-balls for the next 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
UK becomes an axis power

• Locked thread