Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fcaXmpZydI

all im asking for is an earth shattering kaboom come on guys step it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I am going to war

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Let's just see how much all you can eat this buffet can handle

BowreeBookstore
Oct 29, 2015
Lol there wont be any sort of cold war style nuclear catharsis! The proliferation of nuclear weapons to shitnations will make it even more unlikely! The model of World War 3 Blitzkrieg is the invasion of Ukraine! The 'pearl harbor' of tomarrowland would be a combination of cyberattacks on infrastructure with uniform-less forces that invaded the target country on tourist visas! And thats the worst case scenario, think of decade upon decade of dirty-war style conflict on a global scale.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Hey I poo poo my pants you think Russia will be pissed????

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
i think the sneakiest thing you can do in war is drive a u-boat

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Zzulu posted:

my message got cut off tehre but basically to sum it up, the weapon makes everyone gay lol, and then we pork

The US literally tried to develop a "gay bomb" that would spray turbocharged pheromones everywhere and make the enemy ultra horny. Then we'd go in and kill them while they were busy humping each other and/or any nearby trees. It'd be like Jacob's Ladder, only with butts.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Skeleton Ape posted:

The US literally tried to develop a "gay bomb" that would spray turbocharged pheromones everywhere and make the enemy ultra horny. Then we'd go in and kill them while they were busy humping each other and/or any nearby trees. It'd be like Jacob's Ladder, only with butts.

wouldnt they just jerk off a ton instead of pounding eachother suddenly

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Yeah, it didn't work very well. At least that what they want us to think :twisted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Skeleton Ape posted:

if you have made a bomb that delivers chemical agents to the enemy, why not just, you know, kill them with poison?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

just ray posted:

i think the sneakiest thing you can do in war is drive a u-boat

I have a strong desire to watch Das Boot

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
great movie. that reminds me - time to start WW2 in color

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

why do yall wanna die so badly

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

The Snoo posted:

why do yall wanna die so badly

Lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
world war 3 already started years ago man where have you been

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I am putting my name in the hat for the ww3 draft I hope I get picked up by the second round

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
South Africa has shown some interest at the combine

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016
Just notify me in advance so I can spend my last month alive in South Africa, eating steaks and bacon every morning, loving bitches exclusively in their 30's-40's and playing chess with old people in public parks. The world can implode afterwards for all I care

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Captain Video posted:

Just notify me in advance so I can spend my last month alive in South Africa, eating steaks and bacon every morning, loving bitches exclusively in their 30's-40's and playing chess with old people in public parks. The world can implode afterwards for all I care

Yeah that's what they pitched to my agent.

The Muslim countries keep offering virgins in heaven lol :rolleyes:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
WW3 can happen, as long as new video games continue to be made and they make some cool WW3 games in a timely manner.

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016

Smash it Smash hit posted:

The Muslim countries keep offering virgins in heaven lol :rolleyes:

That's like going to McDonald's for a bone-in ribeye with the bone removed

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Captain Video posted:

That's like going to McDonald's for a bone-in ribeye with the bone removed

Uh..... Huh?

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Rutibex posted:

if you have made a bomb that delivers chemical agents to the enemy, why not just, you know, kill them with poison?

I don't think you're supposed to do that anymore. People will say you're being too mean and get you in trouble with the war police.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Zzulu posted:

Instead of a blitzkrieg, world war 3 will be initiated with the nuclear apocalypse and I personally can't wait. I'm gonna be a cool loner wanderer type and I'm gonna have some sort of fireaxe I think, like a custom fireaxe and also a super neat motorcycle. Then one day of wandering the wasteland and finding cool treasure, I happen upon a beautiful woman and we fall madly in love and I help her rescue this village from a bunch of raiders

i cant wait

im going to be the guy that appears in the explosion flashback scenes with the skin melting away from the bones

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I am going to war

with who?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Feranon posted:

who wants to armchair general this poo poo and try to predict how it starts?

imo, putin's gonna continue to putin and russia/nato gonna end up shooting at each other, either in syria or eastern europe. or both! russia will use tac nukes to compensate for their inferior military and once any nukes of any kind start flying then that's pretty much ballgame

The scariest part of any of the recent scenarios, at least those declassified, is that Putin is counting on the West's fear of escalating to nuclear weapons. He's hoping that he can storm into the Baltics before NATO can deploy a sizable counterforce then basically sue for peace and everyone tip-toes around it, a bit like what happened in Georgia and Ukraine.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Young Freud posted:

The scariest part of any of the recent scenarios, at least those declassified, is that Putin is counting on the West's fear of escalating to nuclear weapons. He's hoping that he can storm into the Baltics before NATO can deploy a sizable counterforce then basically sue for peace and everyone tip-toes around it, a bit like what happened in Georgia and Ukraine.

yeah, the Russian economy has been doing great.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah, the Russian economy has been doing great.

Germany had a weak economy a while back and thankfully that distracted them from making any trouble.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

Germany had a weak economy a while back and thankfully that distracted them from making any trouble.

the nazis didn't have to worry about ICBMs

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Young Freud posted:

how many nukes does Russia even have left? i bet we could do a decapitation first strike on them now, they are no where near their old soviet levels

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Rutibex posted:

this is way funnier though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

how many nukes does Russia even have left?

not many that work, the US has been the only real nuclear power in the last 25 years

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
does russia still have the most powerful single nuke weapons (in terms of megaton)? i thought i remembered seeing one of those simulation things and russia had a nuke that had a much larger blast radius and fallout zone than any other country.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Rutibex posted:

how many nukes does Russia even have left? i bet we could do a decapitation first strike on them now, they are no where near their old soviet levels

I believe about 6,000 warheads. Their launch systems are smaller, so they could realistically pull off maybe 1000 of them, divided among subs, bombers (both Tu-95 props and Tu-121 swingwing supersonic planes, plus Su-24 for tactical nukes), silos, and mobile launchers. I'm on my phone right now so I can't give solid numbers. The thing is that the Russian nuclear forces have been the only part of the army that's been steadily maintained.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

thathonkey posted:

does russia still have the most powerful single nuke weapons (in terms of megaton)? i thought i remembered seeing one of those simulation things and russia had a nuke that had a much larger blast radius and fallout zone than any other country.

Tsar Bomba? That was a one-of, built as a tech demo and a dick waving at the US. The major issue was its weight and size. It was too heavy and big to fit in a bomber, let alone an ICBM, and had to be slung beneath or behind it. It would be a devastating weapon, but would also be easily intercepted and they could build a bomber or sub that has the same total yield and still cause enough damage in case of early interception.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Tiberius Thyben posted:

If they are double the size of normal bullets, they won't fit in the gun. How dumb can you get?

The bullets expand after leaving the gun, obviously.

Scientists have speculated that by combining the ultra prefix twice could create ultra-ultra-bullets which will expand continuously after firing, until they take up the whole screen. :wth:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Skeleton Ape posted:

We're going to develop increasingly advanced killbots until they go all skynet on us, no joke

This is already a real concern for many militarized nations and they've held talks to determine just how smart killer robots can be without getting uppity

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Young Freud posted:

Tsar Bomba? That was a one-of, built as a tech demo and a dick waving at the US. The major issue was its weight and size. It was too heavy and big to fit in a bomber, let alone an ICBM, and had to be slung beneath or behind it. It would be a devastating weapon, but would also be easily intercepted and they could build a bomber or sub that has the same total yield and still cause enough damage in case of early interception.

ah yup that was definitely the name of it but the simulator didnt mention all those limitations

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Okay, back home, this is Russia's nuclear arsenal and delivery systems as of 2016.

Total warheads are about 7,300 warheads and physics packages, usable or not.

Russia's ground based forces are 299 ground-based launchers, with 146 silo-based and 153 on mobile launchers, and a total of 902 warheads among them. The Russian navy maintains 13 ballistic nuclear submarines, with a total of 512 warheads among them. The Russian aviation wings have 93 Tu-22M Backfire bombers (10 warheads per plane), another 68 Tu-22M used by Naval Aviation as maritime strike bombers for use against naval targets (3 warheads per plane), 11 combat-ready Tu-160 Blackjack (12 nuclear cruise missiles per plane), and 55 combat-ready Tu-95 Bear-H bombers (can carry up to 16 nuclear cruise missiles), giving strategic bombers about 2,146 nuclear-tipped bombs and cruise missiles. That's about 3500 warheads that be used realistically in an engagement. And this isn't including the smaller aircraft, like the Su-24 or the Su-27, that can carry tac nukes or the reserves like the 10 Tu-22 that are sequestered in warehouses and bunker hangers. Half to thee-quarters of those warheads would be lost in an American first strike (ideally, most of the aircraft will be destroyed before taking off or intercepted in route), leaving the mobile launchers and subs to lie in wait for retaliation orders.

thathonkey posted:

ah yup that was definitely the name of it but the simulator didnt mention all those limitations

Since I'm spouting off numbers, for comparison, the Soviets had to modify a Tu-95 bomber, which has a payload capacity of 15 tons, to carry the Tsar Bomba, which weight 27 tons. They also had to lower the yield of the Tsar Bomba test, because it was capable of 100 Megatons but, at that yield, it that would also produce about as much fallout as all nuclear tests at that point, plus the fallout would have hit mainland Russia and likely destroy the bomber delivering it.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
makes sense they would keep up that part of their military at least. even if we could take out 3/4 of that, they could still nuke every major city in retaliation :(

• Locked thread