Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don't know why Our Lord insists on punishing me solely via plumbing leaks, but he's done it again. The toilet broke right before I got in the shower and sprayed/leaked/whatever all over the floor for 10 minutes:

I shut off the water and threw a shitload of towels down on the floor and then ran downstairs to this:

Except that's like an hour later, so it was a lot worse before. Threw down a bunch of towels and tupperware containers and then came back later and replaced them with better/deeper containers:

I called Servpro and they sent out some people. Last time I had a leak I didn't call someone like them and my insurance company said I probably shoulda so this time I did. They put tape all over everything:

Then they did this, I'm not sure why, but I hear spray paint sounds coming from inside it so I think maybe they're going to paint a motorcycle in there or something:

Then they told me they were gonna take a lunch break so I was like cool, while you're doing it I'm going to run up to the gas station and get a pint of rum since I had to take the day off and since this sucks rear end I might as well at least be drunk for it. Except when I was about to leave one of them came back in and asked to use the microwave and I said sure and now 25 minutes later he's still sitting in my living room using his cooler as a chair and eating his lunch and watching youtube videos on his phone.

I'm gonna try and get a picture of him but if he sees me doing it it could get awkward.

Sorry this thread sucks but I figured people could laugh at me and tell me how much this is going to cost and probably point out why I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sometimes I enjoy being a renter.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

FrankieGoes posted:

I don't know why Our Lord insists on punishing me solely via plumbing leaks, but he's done it again. The toilet broke right before I got in the shower and sprayed/leaked/whatever all over the floor for 10 minutes:

I shut off the water and threw a shitload of towels down on the floor and then ran downstairs to this:

Except that's like an hour later, so it was a lot worse before. Threw down a bunch of towels and tupperware containers and then came back later and replaced them with better/deeper containers:

I called Servpro and they sent out some people. Last time I had a leak I didn't call someone like them and my insurance company said I probably shoulda so this time I did. They put tape all over everything:

Then they did this, I'm not sure why, but I hear spray paint sounds coming from inside it so I think maybe they're going to paint a motorcycle in there or something:

Then they told me they were gonna take a lunch break so I was like cool, while you're doing it I'm going to run up to the gas station and get a pint of rum since I had to take the day off and since this sucks rear end I might as well at least be drunk for it. Except when I was about to leave one of them came back in and asked to use the microwave and I said sure and now 25 minutes later he's still sitting in my living room using his cooler as a chair and eating his lunch and watching youtube videos on his phone.

I'm gonna try and get a picture of him but if he sees me doing it it could get awkward.

Sorry this thread sucks but I figured people could laugh at me and tell me how much this is going to cost and probably point out why I'm an idiot.

i like fixing money pits

sign the deed over to me

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ur supposed to chew up the cum before you spit it into the can

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Now they brought in a bunch of these things:

and these things:

And they put plastic all over the place which the cats hate walking on so it's pretty funny to see them trying to go up and down the stairs using the 3" that isn't covered by plastic, but I think they must have put it down for some reason beyond that:

I didn't get a picture of the lunch eater, right after I posted the other two guys came back in and they went back to work.

Maybe I'm a weirdo but it seems pretty loving odd to me to sit in my living room on a cooler eating your lunch while your two coworkers are sitting out in the vans. I should make the bastard go buy me a bottle of rum.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Set your house on fire to make the water evaporate

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's too bad you let your insurance lapse and this is going to cost $36,000

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

It's too bad you let your insurance lapse and this is going to cost $36,000

My insurance is built into my mortgage payment otherwise I would undoubtedly have let it lapse. But I'm sure they'll probably now drop me and I'll have to get whatever the home insurance equivalent of SR-22 drunk driver car insurance is.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They finished assembling the spray booth and went outside, I think to get the motorcycle frame.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

FrankieGoes posted:

They finished assembling the spray booth and went outside, I think to get the motorcycle frame.

I'm sorry about your house, Frankie, and I wish you luck with repairing it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
They're gonna replace a piece of sheetrock on your ceiling, how is this not obvious to you?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
They are going to murder OP in that "clean room" and he's just letting them build it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i hate to alarm you but all indications point towards your living in what field experts call a 'doom house'

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Captain Yossarian posted:

They are going to murder OP in that "clean room" and he's just letting them build it

poo poo, you'd think I'd have figured that out, I watched the first four seasons of Dexter. And they're in between me and my guns. What do I do?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
kill them all obv

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Ask them what they're going to do to your house, in a sexily confused voice.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Ask them what they're going to do to your house, in a sexually confused voice.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

yeah I've been haunting your plumbing sorry OP. I figured no one would notice if you just went in your pants anyway.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
ask them if they need to be paid the full amount or if you can "work it out some other way"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

You could also place a stereo near them and blast this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised your husband left you alone with three handymen in the house.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

For real though, the OP should ask the plumbers what they're going to do to his house, in a sexually confused voice.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Now they rigged this up, I think so all my blood will get sprayed outside for easy hosing off once they're done with me.

But while they were doing it I crept past them and got to my guns, so now I'm sitting in a kitchen chair eyeing them suspiciously with an AR-15 on my lap.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man trust me when I say I feel for you , they are going to leave those loving things on for about 4 days straight and on the third day as you listen to the nightmare screams of those fans at 3 o'clock a.m. your sanity will finally go

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh and also expect your power bill to be at least twice what it usually is next month

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
OP is a girl?

*frantically tries to remove ring and work up a boner at the same time.*
*trips over small dog*
*shits pants, dies*

So if the leak is in the bathroom why is he in your living room tearing up the ceiling?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

poo poo, they just brought in two Sawzalls I think shits about to get real. I totally saw this episode of Dexter.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
ASk them, in a sexually disoriented way, what their plans are re: your house.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dave_Indeed posted:

So if the leak is in the bathroom why is he in your living room tearing up the ceiling?

I'm not sure. I tried to ask them but I'm not sure they speak English.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

If this takes more than one day, tonight after they leave move all their tape and curtains about 6" to the side

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
guy on lunch break eats lunch and plays with his phone. you definitely will have a problem with him, as he is a clone of adolf hitler.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Minimalist Program posted:

ASk them, in a sexually disoriented way, what their plans are re: your house.

make sure not to panic and poo poo yourself mid sentence. retain eye contact. this is p much like a longer version of getting pizza hut

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

guy on lunch break eats lunch and plays with his phone. you definitely will have a problem with him, as he is a clone of adolf hitler.

I freaking hate that guy but also respect him.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

They're smoking weed in there.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

lol

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

that's a sex tent.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
hotbox the plastic murder room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Act all confused about the sex tent and then ask the plumbers what they plan on doing with it.

• Locked thread