Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don't know why Our Lord insists on punishing me solely via plumbing leaks, but he's done it again. The toilet broke right before I got in the shower and sprayed/leaked/whatever all over the floor for 10 minutes:

I shut off the water and threw a shitload of towels down on the floor and then ran downstairs to this:

Except that's like an hour later, so it was a lot worse before. Threw down a bunch of towels and tupperware containers and then came back later and replaced them with better/deeper containers:

I called Servpro and they sent out some people. Last time I had a leak I didn't call someone like them and my insurance company said I probably shoulda so this time I did. They put tape all over everything:

Then they did this, I'm not sure why, but I hear spray paint sounds coming from inside it so I think maybe they're going to paint a motorcycle in there or something:

Then they told me they were gonna take a lunch break so I was like cool, while you're doing it I'm going to run up to the gas station and get a pint of rum since I had to take the day off and since this sucks rear end I might as well at least be drunk for it. Except when I was about to leave one of them came back in and asked to use the microwave and I said sure and now 25 minutes later he's still sitting in my living room using his cooler as a chair and eating his lunch and watching youtube videos on his phone.

I'm gonna try and get a picture of him but if he sees me doing it it could get awkward.

Sorry this thread sucks but I figured people could laugh at me and tell me how much this is going to cost and probably point out why I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Now they brought in a bunch of these things:

and these things:

And they put plastic all over the place which the cats hate walking on so it's pretty funny to see them trying to go up and down the stairs using the 3" that isn't covered by plastic, but I think they must have put it down for some reason beyond that:

I didn't get a picture of the lunch eater, right after I posted the other two guys came back in and they went back to work.

Maybe I'm a weirdo but it seems pretty loving odd to me to sit in my living room on a cooler eating your lunch while your two coworkers are sitting out in the vans. I should make the bastard go buy me a bottle of rum.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

It's too bad you let your insurance lapse and this is going to cost $36,000

My insurance is built into my mortgage payment otherwise I would undoubtedly have let it lapse. But I'm sure they'll probably now drop me and I'll have to get whatever the home insurance equivalent of SR-22 drunk driver car insurance is.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They finished assembling the spray booth and went outside, I think to get the motorcycle frame.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Captain Yossarian posted:

They are going to murder OP in that "clean room" and he's just letting them build it

poo poo, you'd think I'd have figured that out, I watched the first four seasons of Dexter. And they're in between me and my guns. What do I do?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Now they rigged this up, I think so all my blood will get sprayed outside for easy hosing off once they're done with me.

But while they were doing it I crept past them and got to my guns, so now I'm sitting in a kitchen chair eyeing them suspiciously with an AR-15 on my lap.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

poo poo, they just brought in two Sawzalls I think shits about to get real. I totally saw this episode of Dexter.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dave_Indeed posted:

So if the leak is in the bathroom why is he in your living room tearing up the ceiling?

I'm not sure. I tried to ask them but I'm not sure they speak English.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Now there's two guys in the booth and one guy outside the booth. I think they leave one guy outside so he can steal things when I'm not looking.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Minimalist Program posted:

that's a sex tent.

I do think they might be using the noise of the Sawzall to hide the sounds of passionate lovemaking in there.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zorodius posted:

ask them confusedly if you gently caress in the smoke tent or smoke in the gently caress tent

:laffo: I should totally leave it up and then smoke in it and give my gf the finger and tell her that I'm smoking in the house and she can't do anything about it.

Except for leave me, which she would do immediately.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

There's a lot of crashing and banging coming from inside the sex tent now. Either the sex just progressed to the angry portion or they're ruining my artisinally hand scraped solid cocobolo floors by dropping chunks of drywall on them.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Absolute Lithops posted:

Why did you line the containers with paper towels?

Because it was splattering outside of the containment vessels when it was just hitting the plastic/water.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jackyl posted:

probably because he didn't know how to shut off the water supply and drain the tank

Water was shutoff within seconds and draining the tank wasn't actually relevant, smartypants.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Two guys are still in the sex tent. Guy outside the sex tent is loving chatty cathy and won't stop talking about other jobs he's worked on.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just got emailed the prelim estimate. $2,210.17. And that's basically getting rid of the water and drying everything out, I'll still have a massive hole in my ceiling when they're done.

This seems like a scam. It's like $4.12 to rip out a baseboard and $9.49 to tear out wet carpet pad and then $362.80 to rent their lovely fans and dehumidifiers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Three Olives posted:

Only correct answer is to own a condo.

FYI condos are for poors unless you live in a Manhattan or SF skyscraper.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Of course its a scam, you had an emergency plumbing issue and called these guys, now they get to charge you whatever the gently caress they want too.

The plumbing issue was essentially already fixed (and these guys aren't going to fix my toilet anyway), this is just an semi-emergency drying/potential mold issue. :colbert:

Tbh I wouldn't have called them if I weren't:

1. Paranoid about mold. And it's not that I'm really paranoid about mold, it's that I'd be worried that not spending 4 grand now means the house needs 20 grand of mold remediation 3 months from now.

2. Planning on moving before the end of the year and either selling the house or renting it, and I'd rather not lie on my sale disclosure and/or kill a nice family with horrible mold spores.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Three Olives posted:

It's true, I am very much middle class.

Bitch please, condos in my building start at $350k with $590 a month in HOA fees, there are no poors in my condo but me.

How many square feet? I hope for 590 you have two pools and 12 hot tubs and a 9 hole golf course and 24 hour AR-15 equipped security guards to keep the poors out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

poo poo, they started the baseboard and carpet pad removal. This is getting ugly. I should have just let myself be killed by mold.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

But they're done in the sex tent, so pics:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Can anyone give me some tips on starting a GoFundMe so that as a middle class American I don't have to be inconvenienced by an unforseen expense? It seems like this is pretty common now (one of the Star Citizen devs did it a while ago when his daughter broke herself falling off a retaining wall) and I would like to also cash in on the good will of idiots.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

edit how weirded out were they by you taking 900 pictures of equipment

They didn't even notice. I'm discreet.

e; Selena's front two teeth are kinda hosed up. I just marked her down by 0.2 in my mental rolodex.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jackyl posted:

I wonder if that cutout is exactly 4x8 otherwise why bother

p sure it's not.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Safetyland posted:

Did you get the rum down?

I never got a chance to go get any because I'll be hosed if i'm gonna let some stranger sit on a cooler in my living room eating his lunch and watching youtube videos while I'm not in the house. But I did find a bottle of See 7 Stars Moonshine Apple Pie Corn Whisky, so I managed to soldier through and am now pleasantly buzzed and not as upset that I just got randomly hosed out of 1-5 thousand dollars.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Three Olives posted:

My upstairs neighbor caused a mini flood in my house and I had one of these for two days, I seriously considered checking into a hotel because god drat they are loud.

Checks out, 75% of my house now sounds like Lockheed is gearing up to do some wind tunnel testing on the F-35 (and then ignore the results).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Infyrno posted:

If they leave their drying machines overnight put wet clothes on top of them. Hang a clothes line in the sex room.

So far I'm only planning on zippering one or two cats into the sex tent, just to gently caress with them, but this is a good idea too.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Here's the evil demon toilet that caused all these problems, and the air dryers that I'm renting for more than federal minimum wage per hour:

Two more and a dehumidifier in the bedroom:

Two more in the closet:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jackyl posted:

shouldn't those actually be blowing under the carpet (like your mom lol)

Nah, they check the moisture and it didn't get more than 6 or 12" from that wall, the blowers are to dry out the drywall and subfloor and bottom of the studs.

• Locked thread