Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ape Fist posted:

e. Vaporwave is an ironic comedy option don't be tricked.

Pfft... look at this entry level scrub right here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
gently caress you OP. Marilyn Manson will never die in my 90's heart.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Late 2016 is gonna be the season for bungalow house. It's like house but with more bass and less top.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Shortly after we will see a resurgence of Igloo. It's a colder, darker style of bungalow popular in nordic countries.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I listen to this obscure little retrowave group, probably haven't heard of them, called "The Strokes".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBotY_n27VA

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I just get stoned and listen to Zero 7 and Fiona Apple and I'm completely content with that. Thanks for trying to help though, OP!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

music is good and if you haven't tried it yet i advise you to.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Most music is p bad.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm listening to Demon Days for the first time in a few years and it's even better than i remember

Gorillaz are never out of style, OP

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Did you know gorrillaz were a real band before and were really, really, really poo poo. They then made a joke out of manufactured bands and made something good in a glorious display of irony. Thank you 90's for applying henry ford production line quality to popular music

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Zizek would listen to vaprowave

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't know that I've heard much actual deep house since like 2007. Maybe 2005.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
This is for real deep house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_aXyru7J5Y

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

symbolic posted:

i'm listening to Demon Days for the first time in a few years and it's even better than i remember

Gorillaz are never out of style, OP

I don't have many vivid memories, but I vividly remember the first time I played that CD. With the exception of Feel Good Inc, it's basically a perfect album.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

HP Hovercraft posted:

wow goons have no idea what deep house is, how shocking. all those songs are complete garbage.

this is deep house:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdt8_n4LIU

Norton posted:

thank you wow... i was going to have an aneurysm. the music the op posted is pop. like the anime of music..... wtf deep house lol. i think im having a melt down

heres a random tune that is deeper than the op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58vZujx6Amg

What's next, a Mario & Vidis link? Congratulations...y'all been honeypotted

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Ape Fist posted:

maybe you should go and watch some re-runs or Daria you loving idiot.

I have a Sick Sad World sticker on my guitar

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I've been listening to chillstep for 2-3 years now, get hosed OP

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I didn't bother to listen to any of the music in the OP but you can trust me when I say that it's probably bad garbage anyway.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

ive really been getting into shartwave recently, also dookstep and shithouse

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I'm stil D D D D Dropping the BAAAAAaaaaaaaaassssssss over here. :shrug:

https://youtu.be/SZaE7QkME38

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
This is the only new music I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vAqaUwLg7g

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
no thanks

cnut
May 3, 2016

poo poo, I thought this was going to be about the new Zeppelin album.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Techno genre minutiae faggots are intolerable and all electronic music is second rate at best tyvm

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Protomen or go home.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

logical phalluses posted:

lol op at your low brow, entry level, 2014 music taste

Gideon_S
Feb 11, 2001

I only listen to songs about vampires.

Sometimes I listen to field recordings of chains clanking while combine harvesters run in the background.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They call it deep house because you need to find a big ditch and bury it in there, far from the eyes of mankind. It's trash.

Seriously, I'd rather listen to this on repeat until all my orifices have blood running out of them (which probably takes about 15 minutes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqD1OohY2to

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 28, 2016

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

The only thing I know about EDM and House music is that people have been talking about them for so many years they are probably super uncool now.

edit: Also have never heard any of this music coming out of a car and if someone pulled up next to me bumping it I would laugh at them.

a_gelatinous_cube fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 28, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dont listen to music. never had an interest, really. am i dead inside?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If I wanted to hear an argument about what constitutes deep house id drink a bucket of cum and stick my dick in a hornets nest which is what I call posting in gbs

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Came in here hoping for drum and bass.

Left disappointed. 'Tropical house' can gently caress off, since it's basically dominated by Kygo who is bad.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i only listen to coheed and cambria these days

almost all their music is part of one giant story about outer space! and like a dune/Star Wars/dark tower amalgam story that takes place out amongst the stars! good for gettin HiGH op

also i write my own acoustic guitar noodlings about my fav anne rice characters

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Anything below 150 bpm is for sloths. Get on my level.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Gatekeeper posted:

i only listen to coheed and cambria these days

almost all their music is part of one giant story about outer space! and like a dune/Star Wars/dark tower amalgam story that takes place out amongst the stars! good for gettin HiGH op

the story is totally fuckin retarded btw but afaik that makes it cool and gives it "cred"

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I listen to The Acid House Kings, except they are anything but?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mWb5qI6SXY

'Sing Along with the Acid House Kings' :allears:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
you heavily implied that you had good music to share but you posted a bunch of EDM. :(

is this one of those troll threads i've read about?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I hope ISIS' next target is an EDM show. It doesn't matter which genre because they all sound the same.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So OP, I'm glad you like music and found a style that makes you happy.

That said, the only reason why people think it's deep or profound is because they are on serious drugs when they listen to it.

Like, I'll do shrooms and think I just had some world-changing experience and want to share it with everyone... When, in reality, all I did was sit in the woods for 8 hours wondering if Pac Man had a bigger dong than me.

In conclusion, he probably did. I mean, he ate a lot of protein pills , and Ms Pac Man was a fatty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

City of Tampa posted:

what about Haim

they're good

• Locked thread