Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

CommissarMega posted:

Brother Olaf Olafsson, is an ex-sea raider and a recent convert to the Peteran faith. He is an Adventurous man who still hears the Call of the Sea from time to time, and is still learning the ropes of the faith (by which we mean that he makes up what he doesn't know). He's trying his best, but his Bloodthirsty nature still comes up from time to time when he's challenged. That said, he really wants to do right by the kingdom and his new faith, and his assignment to this kingdom prves that the Gods really do have a nasty sense of humour.

Hair/Hat: Wolf's Head (Hats, first row, middle)
Eyebrows and beard: The thickest we can manage, Lizard Wizard!
Clothes: Bottom row, rightmost (the red hides the blood, you see)

Sordas Volantyr posted:

This, but make his nose tiny as poo poo (we gotta balance out the royal schnoz) and make him as massive as possible (aka max out muscle and fat sliders).

In the name of King Eustace The First Of His Name And Probably The Last Thank God, I choose this fellow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

"'Ave a nice one! Watcher preserve ye 'n all that!"

With Olaf Olafsson having been born, let us ruminate on a quest for him.

Shall he:
  • Participate in a fishing contest?

• Advocate for the rights of dire chinchillas?

• Seek a legendary fountain for the sake of rectifying his fatal flaw? (note: this will literally replace his fatal flaw with a rare, legendary trait.)

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 1, 2016

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Seek the legendary fountain to help Olaf on his journey to become a good priest.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Getting rid of his flaw immediately seems a bit too much. Let's go fishing instead.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can we go on the legendary quest later? If not, that's what I'm voting for, but if we can delay it, then Olaf should go fishing first, presumably with his sovereign, because who doesn't love to fish with a massive Viking?

Also, I presume that means I'm on the voting Council?

shadowofshinra
Apr 12, 2014
Fishing contest seems like the best way for our priest to make his mark. Might as well put that bloodthirstiness to good use before trying to cure him of it.

(It's been way too long since I've played this game and realise there may be no direct benefit but character-wise it seems a fitting first quest for him either way).

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

CommissarMega posted:

Can we go on the legendary quest later? If not, that's what I'm voting for, but if we can delay it, then Olaf should go fishing first, presumably with his sovereign, because who doesn't love to fish with a massive Viking?

Cosigned. People shouldn't do super-cool legendary quests unless they've built up some cache. Unless the opportunity to go on one is a one-time opportunity of course. Going fishing and hanging out with people would be a nicer introduction.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CommissarMega posted:

Quests come and go, so it'll probably be around later at some point. And oh poo poo, I guess you are! I should stress that the council's influence is limited to choosing between Sim submissions, however.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jul 1, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Dire chinchillas, huh?

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Seek the Legendary Fountain

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
The Watcher loves all of His creations, even violent face-eating chinchillas.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The fishing contest wins!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how cartoony you can make dudes in this. Both of these guys are super-recognizable.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Glazius posted:

I like how cartoony you can make dudes in this. Both of these guys are super-recognizable.

The noses are probably at least half of why the two guys we have so far are so recognizable.

benjoyce
Aug 3, 2007
Swashbuckler from Meleé island
Oh, I know that faux-mediaevalle Englishe is parrefour the corse, but just for the sake of philological nerdiness, (one) proper Middle English way of saying "let's play" is "Uton we plaȝen!" ;)

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Will no one speak for the chinchillas?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

I was, but too many people voted for other things, so now the priest is going on a fishing trip.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Fountain please

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Herr Tog posted:

Fountain please

The fishing contest won like two days ago.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Jacoban Monastery

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Ominous Tides

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Lizard Wizard posted:

Okay, but seriously when is Pip going to seize his birthright and take control of the country

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

UNBOUND

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lizard Wizard posted:

BRONZE IS BRILLIANT! Stone is old and busted!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What does this have to do with the fishing contest? :psyduck:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

What does this have to do with the fishing contest? :psyduck:

We must retrain teh chippers in our kingdom lest we lose industrial capacity

SOLarian
Oct 29, 2012
Pillbug
This LP makes me want to get this game, but apparently the steam version only works up to win 7, and to get it to run on win 10 you have to deal with EA and Origin. :argh: I think I'll pass.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SOLarian posted:

This LP makes me want to get this game, but apparently the steam version only works up to win 7, and to get it to run on win 10 you have to deal with EA and Origin. :argh: I think I'll pass.

Origin is fine, though. You can easily turn off their data reporting, if that's your problem.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Is this game as poorly optimized as the Sims 3 is? Since it runs on the same engine.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hopeandjoy posted:

Is this game as poorly optimized as the Sims 3 is? Since it runs on the same engine.

No, because it doesn't have 11 expansions.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Oh my frikkin word, those faces!

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Definitely a Fishing Contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Well, I'm sorry to say, but I'm afraid this thread was a bit of a misfire. I did not account for how busy my life has become and will continue to become, but as such I'm going to have to close this thread and shelve this LP. Another time, perhaps.

• Locked thread