Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

natetimm posted:

It should have been an expansion but they designed new characters and sold it as an overpriced stand-alone instead. The new characters are cool, but the boss fights are mostly poo poo, there's tons of backtracking over the same areas, and lots of the areas are low-gravity jumping puzzles, which would be fine if their engine didn't have the wonkiest loving hit detection ever. I can't count the amount of times I got caught on the environment in Borderlands 2 because someone put a small ramp or tiny step there. Now, imagine that poo poo with lovely low-g jumping puzzles. Also, everyone is really gratingly Australian or British because it was made in Australia. Oh, and a bunch of the crazy unique guns are just straight-up copies from Borderlands 2. They added laser guns which are meh. Also created a ton of DLC which they sold separately at regular prices which kind of sucked considering the game was something like half the size and length of Borderlands 2.

what's with all of these idiot wordposts in gbs now? like who types this up and is like "haha yeah i'm expecting known shitposter business gorillas to read this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
I'd rather take a diarrhea buffalo dump in my ear and drown it with beer

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Business Gorillas posted:

what's with all of these idiot wordposts in gbs now? like who types this up and is like "haha yeah i'm expecting known shitposter business gorillas to read this"

You read it and liked it.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

natetimm posted:

It should have been an expansion but they designed new characters and sold it as an overpriced stand-alone instead. The new characters are cool, but the boss fights are mostly poo poo, there's tons of backtracking over the same areas, and lots of the areas are low-gravity jumping puzzles, which would be fine if their engine didn't have the wonkiest loving hit detection ever. I can't count the amount of times I got caught on the environment in Borderlands 2 because someone put a small ramp or tiny step there. Now, imagine that poo poo with lovely low-g jumping puzzles. Also, everyone is really gratingly Australian or British because it was made in Australia. Oh, and a bunch of the crazy unique guns are just straight-up copies from Borderlands 2. They added laser guns which are meh. Also created a ton of DLC which they sold separately at regular prices which kind of sucked considering the game was something like half the size and length of Borderlands 2.

ok

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Fojar38 posted:

lol you saw this fuckin game and though "this is a game i will spend money on"

to be fair, even knowing the context of this thread, I kinda want it

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

natetimm posted:

The borderlands games suck idiot

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I try playing the first one but after shooting the same womprats over and over I play perfect dark instead

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
remember that time retarded goons were gifting each other bad rats so much it actually raised enough money for the developer to greenlight a sequel

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Pls explain the story more

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

crabcakes66 posted:

Star Citizen

Yeah, but

WINDOWS XP posted:

this is a thread to discuss low-budget, poor-quality games, released in the hopes of being purchased by unsuspecting customers

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Nonviolent J posted:

Pls explain the story more

that's p much it. bad rats is a lovely as fuckin hell game that goons bought in droves to send to other goons as some kind of gay "prank" and this led the developer to conclude that the game was good and in high demand so they recently started production on a sequel

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Iron Prince posted:

remember that time retarded goons were gifting each other bad rats so much it actually raised enough money for the developer to greenlight a sequel

Steam itself gave me a copy for Christmas one year from that lovely Christmas sale prize poo poo before it became a joke. :smithicide:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Aralan posted:

The borderlands games suck idiot

2 is a lot of fun with friends and if you modify the loot drops.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Iron Prince posted:

that's p much it. bad rats is a lovely as fuckin hell game that goons bought in droves to send to other goons as some kind of gay "prank" and this led the developer to conclude that the game was good and in high demand so they recently started production on a sequel
goons started the trend of gifting Bad Rats to your friends?

i can't say i'm necessarily surprised, but still

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
border;lands is one of the shittiest games to ever exist

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

natetimm posted:

2 is a lot of fun with friends and if you modify the loot drops.
playing with friends is also the only way to deal with the game before Sanctuary. early game is only fun the first time through.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

symbolic posted:

goons started the trend of gifting Bad Rats to your friends?

i can't say i'm necessarily surprised, but still

don't necessarily know if goons "started" it but they completely went all-in on bad rats regardless. if you participate in any kind of goon gift exchange you're gonna get either AIDS or bad rats.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Iron Prince posted:

if you participate in any kind of goon gift exchange you're gonna get either AIDS or bad rats.
i'm not sure which i would prefer

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

daamn freddie got ripped

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

powerofrecall posted:

best known for publishing poo poo like this dressed up as a 'game'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBdvkjK92-Y

this looks like its gonna be my favourite game

Sneakums
Nov 27, 2007
MAXIMUM.SNEAK.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This is my list of most regrettable full price purchases (The lesson is never buy anything at full price).

- Thief 4/Thi4f
- Hitman Absolution
- Bioshock Infinite
- Sleeping Dogs

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Bioshock Infinite is a bad game.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

This PIECE OF poo poo

Fell for this as an 8 year old kid.....

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
popular game is bad. in fact it is so bad that it ruined my life and now i spend all my time uploading videos of me crying to youtube.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

popular game is bad. in fact it is so bad that it ruined my life and now i spend all my time uploading videos of me crying to youtube.

This would probably make you a really popular youtuber.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Aralan posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that overwatch is good

oh i agree that was just a little GBS metahumor for all my real goons out there who read the owatch thread

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

TheMostFrench posted:

This is my list of most regrettable full price purchases (The lesson is never buy anything at full price).

- Thief 4/Thi4f
- Hitman Absolution
- Bioshock Infinite
- Sleeping Dogs

I just got Bioshock Infinite for 9 dollars and I still can't bring myself to play it past the four hour mark. I don't understand why it bores me so much - I've never played a Bioshock before but shooting crows at people and then setting the crows on fire seems like it should be good fun but it just isn't.

Wasn't sleeping dogs the really sweet gta-in-hong kong game? Game was awesome.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Getting roped into a game of cornhole.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Peebla posted:

I just got Bioshock Infinite for 9 dollars and I still can't bring myself to play it past the four hour mark. I don't understand why it bores me so much - I've never played a Bioshock before but shooting crows at people and then setting the crows on fire seems like it should be good fun but it just isn't.

Wasn't sleeping dogs the really sweet gta-in-hong kong game? Game was awesome.

Sleeping dogs was a boatload of fun. Otoh, I hadn't played a sandbox game since GTA2.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
The Dark Souls games are easy garbage for babies.

Is that the sort of answer you are after OP or would you rather I go with Extreme Paintbrawl?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

This PIECE OF poo poo

I had this and actually enjoyed playing the first level or so. It was a gift from mom, so I had to.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

tactlessbastard posted:

Sleeping dogs was a boatload of fun. Otoh, I hadn't played a sandbox game since GTA2.

I think I was way more into stuff like WoW at the time, my new trend is free to play games. Everyone play Warframe.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Monopoly is a bad game for rotten people.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP, SHOW RESPECT FOR DA MAYOR OF EARF

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Cards against humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
like a year ago I went to some crappy trade-in shop and got Sleeping Dogs, The Saboteur, and Red Dead Redemption for fifteen bucks. Best video game money I ever spent, I haven't played anything else but nba2k all year.

Agree that monopoly is the worst game ever. I am also tired of apples to apples and cards against humanity just because I feel like every time a group of people gets drunk one of those two games gets hauled out.

E: ^ yeah buddy.

• Locked thread