Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Magic: The Gathering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That game where you have to suck the filling out of a sausage. Never saw the appeal, but my uncle loved it when I was a kid.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Oh what the gently caress

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Sunswipe posted:

That game where you have to suck the filling out of a sausage. Never saw the appeal, but my uncle loved it when I was a kid.

Personally thought this game was underrated, gonna make sure to keep this one alive for a new generation.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
gooky cookie

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Farnham Fables

:nws: http://store.steampowered.com/app/463110/ :nws:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Still guaranteed to be better than Wildstar.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

the cover alone proves this game rules

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Zorodius posted:

the cover alone proves this game rules

and it did. If we want the bad version its right here:

Basically Final FIght was a super popular SNES game, so they went and made an NES version for poors who didnt have a SNES yet

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

seems good to me br0

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Overwatch (it's bad!)

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How do you do it?

quote:

"how do you Do It?" puts players in the role of an 11-year-old girl whose mother has just stepped out for an errand. The girl immediately grabs her dolls and furtively attempts to figure out how sex works using these plastic surrogates.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353360/

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
SOmething Awful RPG: In search of the Lost King

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
of all the failed goon projects, why the heck was awful fantasy the one that got finished?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Serious Frolicking posted:

of all the failed goon projects, why the heck was awful fantasy the one that got finished?

ya i am still pissed that the MMO with hand drawn orcs never came to fruition

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JakeP posted:

ya i am still pissed that the MMO with hand drawn orcs never came to fruition

Zyborne Clock MMO

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Project Silpheed
Operation Darkness
Bullet Witch.

They're all 3 games that I think are just this side of bad. If they had some minor tweaks to them they'd cross that threshold into being actually good, even with every other flaw.

Silpheed needed to be a slower game with better control. Operation Darkness needed better camera and movement controls and combat controls. Bullet Witch has some actually good gimmicks, but they need better movement and targetting controls, and you feel like you're wasting your time going through levels because they're so barren and nothing to do in them until you find an enemy.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Slaughtering Grounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6s0Wpn1zmU&t=56s

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329950/

Game out at $9.99, now is always on sale for like $1.

Rhombic Drive
Apr 15, 2007

The guy on the ground got his rear end kicked so hard that it ended up upside down on his chest

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

spud posted:

The Slaughtering Grounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6s0Wpn1zmU&t=56s

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329950/

Game out at $9.99, now is always on sale for like $1.
didn't the dev threaten to sue anyone who gave the game a negative review or something like that?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

symbolic posted:

didn't the dev threaten to sue anyone who gave the game a negative review or something like that?

Yep, and he ran "a contest" where he asked people to submit their emails and he would randomly select some winners for keys but instead just banned everyone that entered.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

spud posted:

Yep, and he ran "a contest" where he asked people to submit their emails and he would randomly select some winners for keys but instead just banned everyone that entered.
lmao i forgot about that. the best part is that there's a good chance he banned the few people that genuinely wanted the game and only screwed himself further.

i love video games

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i do not reccomend Jack and Ball

when i boucnhed the ball into the air and grabbed the jacks i got puncture wounds inside my hand!!!!!

The Hman
Jan 6, 2015

Seriously, gently caress this game.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
loving firewatch, or as it's alternately known, the long hike to disappointing plot reveals.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ilustforponydeath posted:

loving firewatch, or as it's alternately known, the long hike to disappointing plot reveals.

yeah the plot got stupid towards the end. i didnt buy it for the plot though. thought it would be kinda neat to spend a few hours pretending to be a fire lookout tower guy in the wyoming wilderness for a summer, and i got to do that. so i'll give it a B i guess

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AugmentedVision posted:

one time i had dysentery and i was hallucinating that everything looked tinted red like that, true story

its from the 1970s. i learned in astronomy class that things in the past are red shifted because of the expansion of the universe

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

spud posted:

Wait, what? What was the thinking behind that?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sunswipe posted:

Wait, what? What was the thinking behind that?

I don't think he does think, he was just angry at everyone hating on his poo poo game made of stolen art assets and wanted to hit back.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Firewatch and sleeping dogs both own gently caress yall. Diablo 3 for $60 was shameful

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Pretty much every Japanese game that goons obsess over.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is embarrassing weeb trash

Wonderful 101 is not that good. I think people gushed over it because it was one of 4 games you could buy for the system at the time

serves me right for buying a Wii U and also listening to goons

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Serious Frolicking posted:

Awful Fantasy was amazing, thank you very much.
Oh, to think of what Awful Trigger could have been...

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The Bachelor game for the Wii is bad

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

i worked on Awful Trigger with XJAKK briefly. we got as far as decrypting the the sprites before he lost interest

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Rutibex posted:

i worked on Awful Trigger with XJAKK briefly. we got as far as decrypting the the sprites before he lost interest

Well, I'm not surprised. The stories I heard about the making of Awful Fantasy sounded like a Hell experience.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Johnny Aztec posted:

I googled this and it takes me to some kickstarter for a card game...is that it?

e: nvm found it

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This game is bullshit. I got it instead of Super Metroid for my birthday one year, and I never got over it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
wario's wood

• Locked thread