Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dat Game of Thrones...
better than Sami/Nakamura
better than Joe/Finn
better than Roman's suspension
View Results

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
-Show opens with Seth making GBS threads all over Roman for letting us all down and being a huge disgrace. The audience tepidly agrees. He says the Shield Triple Threat should be cancelled and just be a one-on-one match with Dean. AJ comes down and says the Triple Threat should stay a Triple Threat with him taking Roman's place. Dean's fine with it being a Quadruple Threat, Seth disagrees. Cena comes down and says let's make it a Quintuple Threat. Stephanie makes Cena/Rollins and AJ/Dean later tonight and whoever wins their matches gets added to the Triple Threat.

-Triple Threat.

-Paige & Sasha beat Dana & Charlotte via submission.

-Titus beats Rusev via countout

-Seth beats Cena with the pedigree after a Club distraction, match still just a Triple Threat

-Enzo & Cass quickly squash two jobbers. Named jobbers Social Outcasts come out all hard like Will Ferrell in that movie.

-Zayn & Owens on the Highlight Reel. Will fight again at Battleground. They return the Gift of Jericho with a double smackdown receipt.

-Kane beats Miz via countout after Miz carries an injured Maryse backstage :ohdear:

-Cesaro & Crews beat ADR and Sheamus in the most heatless match four talented wrestlers will ever have.

-Bray tells New Day they should give in to the dark side. Xavier is shook like Steph Curry.

-Dean beats AJ after Cena's distraction. Parity booking & Triple Threat maintained.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Maryses little dance and guns were cool.

Jericho's "quiet quiet QUIET" was good.

Steph has huge jugs

Welp bye

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i liked when everyone poo poo on roman reigns

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Miz had the biggest boner tonight.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

why watch that nerd bullshit when i can watch cool poo poo like dean ambrose and john cena?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Don't stick around to gloat, John Cena, that's why heels always end up getting their comeuppance because they stick around instead of just running away after their illegal assaults!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Week 1: Everything still in place for Roman's Redemption

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?
Just fired up the Raw on DVR. Wish me luck fellow goons. I will need your support.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like the new Seth Rollins who while still a bit of a cheater that can't beat people 100% clean, isn't trying to run away from his matches and is being portrayed as really tough and dangerous.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
my DVR hosed up and broke the recording in the middle of the Rollins vs Cena match... I think I'm ok with that

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Week 1: Everything still in place for Roman's Redemption

can't wait for house shows to keep tanking, they're, like, the one thing that actually matters

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Monkeycheese posted:

my DVR hosed up and broke the recording in the middle of the Rollins vs Cena match... I think I'm ok with that

It was a good match.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I liked how hard Bo Dallas was tonight.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

can't wait for house shows to keep tanking, they're, like, the one thing that actually matters

I would rather pay to see Cena/Orton 9.7e12 live than Roman Reigns have a match with, literally, anyone.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
This is a bit of an odd request but does anyone have that image of R. Truth as King What's Up that people were using as a reaction image months back?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Is this still true? People keep saying it but I don't know if they're being sarcastic.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

oldpainless posted:

Steph has huge jugs

10 minutes in and this is all I got.... hopefully they're enough to keep this show afloat. :downsrim:

Memento posted:

Is this still true? People keep saying it but I don't know if they're being sarcastic.

Wouldn't this be disclosed in quarterlies? I'm sure this is easily researched on a publicly traded company.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sicarius posted:

Wouldn't this be disclosed in quarterlies? I'm sure this is easily researched on a publicly traded company.

They lump income from RAW, Smackdown and PPV tickets in with house shows under "Live Events", so I'm not sure it's actually that easy. The breakdown in their annual report is only North American vs. International events.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Monkeycheese posted:

Same thing happened to me, I assumed it was just our receiver.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Memento posted:

They lump income from RAW, Smackdown and PPV tickets in with house shows under "Live Events", so I'm not sure it's actually that easy. The breakdown in their annual report is only North American vs. International events.

I'm actually shocked that investors let then get away with that. Granted, I assume their investors know zero about pro wrestling muh like I know zero about orange groves and auto repair (two things I get investor reports about because of my 401k). With the enormous difference in cost to stage and the pure profit nature of house shows vs. TV this would be something, as an investor I'd care about. If house show revenues fell I'd be concerned about profitability versus sustainable revenue.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sicarius posted:

I'm actually shocked that investors let then get away with that. Granted, I assume their investors know zero about pro wrestling muh like I know zero about orange groves and auto repair (two things I get investor reports about because of my 401k). With the enormous difference in cost to stage and the pure profit nature of house shows vs. TV this would be something, as an investor I'd care about. If house show revenues fell I'd be concerned about profitability versus sustainable revenue.

This is actually a really good point.

I skimmed the annual reports for 2013, 2014 and 2015 and the only breakdown was the one I mentioned earlier. I also skimmed the legal proceedings sections and boy the WWE are getting sued a lot at the moment. Basically all of them are "we think you knew about the traumatic brain injuries associated with wrestling and did nothing about it". No mention of the CM Punk lawsuit though - isn't that happening sometime soon? I guess it's not WWE vs. Brooks, it's Amann vs. Brooks & Colton.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

"WWE discussion is hard and looking for some action" was robbed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Memento posted:

I skimmed the annual reports for 2013, 2014 and 2015 and the only breakdown was the one I mentioned earlier. I also skimmed the legal proceedings sections and boy the WWE are getting sued a lot at the moment. Basically all of them are "we think you knew about the traumatic brain injuries associated with wrestling and did nothing about it". No mention of the CM Punk lawsuit though - isn't that happening sometime soon? I guess it's not WWE vs. Brooks, it's Amann vs. Brooks & Colton.

Yeah, WWE's backing Amann (obviously/unfortunately) but it's Amann's suit

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Memento posted:

I skimmed the annual reports for 2013, 2014 and 2015 and the only breakdown was the one I mentioned earlier. I also skimmed the legal proceedings sections and boy the WWE are getting sued a lot at the moment. Basically all of them are "we think you knew about the traumatic brain injuries associated with wrestling and did nothing about it". No mention of the CM Punk lawsuit though - isn't that happening sometime soon?

SEC requirements are to disclose all lawsuits for which some court, somewhere, has granted a hearing. I don't think Punk has filed paperwork yet, or if he has it's still preliminary.

I'm not an accounting expert, but I did get a minor in it in college (part of another degree that wax generally unrelated, but I found finance and accounting mildly interesting) and I would hesitate to accept a company that runs as many diverse "live events" as the WWE bundling those as a single line entry. That's a seriously easy way to diguise single unit failings - things like if house show gates were down or Smackdown was a failing live brand, etc. It cannot possibly ly be accidental that WWE accountants have done such a thing.

EDIT : loving gross....WWE schilling for DeVry. Assuming demographics hold, the last thing WWE viewers need is a for profit college dropping them into a bottomless well of debt that they took on for a worthless degree.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Blasmeister posted:

This cannot be overstated.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

sicarius posted:

SEC requirements are to disclose all lawsuits for which some court, somewhere, has granted a hearing. I don't think Punk has filed paperwork yet, or if he has it's still preliminary.

Did a little googling because I remembered that I have the internet. Apparently the lawsuit is scheduled to start today, Monday 27th June, but may have been adjourned until 23rd August, I'm not really sure what "CASE CONTINUED FOR FOCUSED CASE MANAGEMENT" means.

https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/Finddock.asp?DocketKey=CABF0L0AABHFC0LD

Melinoe
Jul 27, 2012

Why isn't it Froderick?
RAW was pretty fun

Is the commentary team being less randomly super mean to Byron now or have I just gotten better at tuning them out?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Melinoe posted:

Is the commentary team being less randomly super mean to Byron now or have I just gotten better at tuning them out?

well they did just partner with the special olympics

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

:thurman:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

:drat:

Raw was good, but the Roman apologetics have me confident that his clean as a whistle win at Battleground, coupled with the brand split, will probably drive me away until the Rumble.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Blasmeister posted:

Don't you mean it was stiffed?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Chris Jericho is good and I would like it if a future discussion thread was titled "WWE Discussion is drinking it in, maaaan on XX/XX". Thank you.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Jericho's insecure narcissism is the highlight of WWE's promos imho.
New Day is still fun but I miss the undercurrent of implied mental psychosis from their heel run. (Helpfully suggesting that they fight your children, Big E silently staring into the middle distance.)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I wonder what direction they're going with Xavier? I hope they're not going to split them up. It's interesting though, I like how he's scared of the Wyatt's, adds a new dimension to the feud. Big E as Wyatt ruled.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Alan_Shore posted:

I wonder what direction they're going with Xavier? I hope they're not going to split them up. It's interesting though, I like how he's scared of the Wyatt's, adds a new dimension to the feud. Big E as Wyatt ruled.

I think they are going with him being scared that they poked the wrong bear. I doubt that he will join the Family because Xavier can't grow a beard and WWE doesn't seem interested in a cult faction gaining members (or being really threatening in any way despite Bray's best attempts).

Is there any word on Luke Harper's knee? I miss him and his amazing theme.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.
I wasn't in the Raw thread, did people discuss how the one Special Olympian was the same size as the Big Show? Vince needs to get him a contract. Can't be worse than the Great Khali at any aspect of pro wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So did Summer win?

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I think they are going with him being scared that they poked the wrong bear. I doubt that he will join the Family because Xavier can't grow a beard and WWE doesn't seem interested in a cult faction gaining members (or being really threatening in any way despite Bray's best attempts).

Is there any word on Luke Harper's knee? I miss him and his amazing theme.

I mean, Woods was definitely enthralled and drawn closer in on a recent show, last week's raw I think. It seems like the story he's trying to tell is that if he's scared of them, it's because he's afraid of falling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Remember when Roman Reigns made a mistake? It was a pretty bad time from him to make a mistake, and he's paying the price for making that mistake. But at the end of the day, we all make mistakes. Sometimes I put my shirt on backwards or hit my toe into a door. Sometimes you spill your drink or take the wrong turn while driving. Sometimes Roman Reigns takes anabolic steroids for years and only regrets it because he got caught. We all make mistakes, so once Roman gets back, I think we should be grown-ups, forgive him and treat him with the respect that he deserves.

• Locked thread