Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dat Game of Thrones...
better than Sami/Nakamura
better than Joe/Finn
better than Roman's suspension
View Results

• Locked thread
Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
For a minute I thought WWE was actually burying Roman in that first segment, but it's clear that they are trying to spin his return from suspension as "overcoming adversity" and it's gonna be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I miss Kelley Kelley and Eve Torres.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!
Eve was cool and left just as she was actually getting halfway decent in the ring. Her gimmick of taking pics with her defeated opponent was great.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I miss Eve and Kaitlyn and AJ and Beth

And also my favorite diva CM Punk

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Not to be a nark but Sheamus, Rusev and few others bodies have changed a lot the last month. They are a lot softer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IC-P5fnLx8

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

Not to be a nark but Sheamus, Rusev and few others bodies have changed a lot the last month. They are a lot softer now.

Are you really trying to tell us Rusev was ever on roids? If anyone was it was Titus and his weird gross gut.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

jim truds posted:

Are you really trying to tell us Rusev was ever on roids? If anyone was it was Titus and his weird gross gut.

Have you seen baron corbin's belly? It's like jelly!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sasha came back to cheers after weeks of not being on TV, surely it'll work the same for Roman?!

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Wait, so were the Rollins/Cena and Ambrose/AJ matches to determine if someone would replace Roman in the triple threat, or to just add them to it?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Trent Razor1911 posted:

Sasha came back to cheers after weeks of not being on TV, surely it'll work the same for Roman?!

she violated her wellness policy by getting a concussion. that's not wellness!

i just straight up skipped crews/cesaro v sheamus/del rio. i can not and will not care about that feud.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Wait, so were the Rollins/Cena and Ambrose/AJ matches to determine if someone would replace Roman in the triple threat, or to just add them to it?

add, because everyone just sort of glossed over rollins' (salient) point about rewarding a guy who gets suspended for a month with a title match lol

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

the latter

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The build to Battleground will be WWEs version of Entourage. Roman will be in the match one week and out of the match the next until finally, he's in the match.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

If shoot getting in trouble with the company isn't grounds to get kicked out of a title match I'm fuckin annoyed we didn't get Punk/Benoit

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
The boos for roman are going to be so much worse now. I can't wait for him to return.

Melinoe
Jul 27, 2012

Why isn't it Froderick?

ijii posted:

I know people are high on Enzo and Cass, but their shtick is already starting to feel old. If they could change up their entrance to where they are not always saying their stupid introductions. Also please stop using "SAWFT!" every single appearance, it's stupid. At least with New Day, they're more creative with their catch phrases "New Day rocks!" and "WWE Tag Team champions!"

I had kinda started to feel this way but thought about how fun it is to be able to yell with them when you're attending the event live and would never want to deprive anybody of that, and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

The boos for roman are going to be so much worse now. I can't wait for him to return.

Every time the fire's almost out, there's still more gas to pour

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

That DICK! posted:

If shoot getting in trouble with the company isn't grounds to get kicked out of a title match I'm fuckin annoyed we didn't get Punk/Benoit

There exists an alternate timeline with the Benoit murders, except with him alive and holding the prestigious ECW Championship.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Idk why you guys think this won't work; the crowd loves a junky.
Make Battleground a worked version of Sting/Hardy at Victory Road and just have the Roman character completely bottom out. Keep the title on Ambrose after a singles defense against Seth, and put Rollins and Reigns into a feud revisiting Punk/Hardy.

I'm Vince Russo btw.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

if that's where they go I can't wait for the constant "steeeeeerrrrooooiiids" chants for roman because lol

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The_Rob posted:

You're objectively wrong.

I mean after July 19 it isn't gonna matter anyways, is it?

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Roman will lose the match through fuckery and then get all pissed off and RAGE and leave the ring a little BATTLEGROUND as he superman punches and spears and all that~!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Roman will be super calm and thoughtful and try to become friends with Seth again

commentary will put over that he's no longer consumed by roid rage

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Vince with Roman is a lot like that old Simpsons episode with Homer and the roast pig.

It's just a few bad catchphrases, he's still good he's still good!

It's just a little booing, he's still good he's still good!

It's just a little drug abuse, he's still good he's still good!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If they seriously continue booking Reigns as a babyface then Vince McMahon really is senile. How do you not turn him into a monster heel?!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

:agreed:

I'm actually glad Roman is still in the match because I want to soak in those boos.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Roman Reigns can't even do steroids well. Another reason why Big Poppa Pump is the true GOAT.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

8p: 3.096 million
9p: 3.173 million
10p: 3.011 million

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Kirios posted:

If they seriously continue booking Reigns as a babyface then Vince McMahon really is senile. How do you not turn him into a monster heel?!

Because monsters are strong?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Chris James 2 posted:

Every time the fire's almost out, there's still more gas to pour

And Roman gets Gassed real easily.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

Kirios posted:

I used to ask these sorts of questions until I read enough interviews and stories where I have concluded that Vince, legitimately, it out of touch with everything around him.

He doesn't care about the audience. He doesn't care about media. He doesn't care about popular culture. He doesn't care about money (at least not as much as you'd think). Vince, legitimately, only cares about his personal entertainment. Since that entertainment requires money, he tangentially cares about that. Basically - as long as Vince likes his product he will not change it until it stops making the money necessary to continue functioning.

Until Vince's personal entertainment is at stake, nothing will change.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Roman Reigns can't even do steroids well. Another reason why Big Poppa Pump is the true GOAT.

Dark WWE show me the gasfest that is 2016 Steiner vs. Roman

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vertical Lime posted:

8p: 3.096 million
9p: 3.173 million
10p: 3.011 million

that's nowhere near as bad a 3rd hour drop as I was expecting

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Karl Ontario posted:

I wasn't in the Raw thread, did people discuss how the one Special Olympian was the same size as the Big Show? Vince needs to get him a contract. Can't be worse than the Great Khali at any aspect of pro wrestling.

that was actually Braun Strowman

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Go RV! posted:

that's nowhere near as bad a 3rd hour drop as I was expecting

Dean is a draw, brother.

Edit: You could also make the argument that fans wanted to see if Cena got back at AJ, which speaks to AJ being a money heel.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Lady Naga posted:

Dark WWE show me the gasfest that is 2016 Steiner vs. Roman

Kurt angle knew

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
https://youtu.be/mOz4CbERNno

Follow @fish

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I just got tickets to the July 19th Live Smackdown!

Oh god please don't suck

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It was a good match.

sure, but as per usual it and the rest of Raw was ultimately just kinda there.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Give Roman an MMA/Snitsky gimmick where he claims that he mistakenly took a tainted supplement on his trainer's advice, and then repeatedly says 'It. Wasn't. My. Fault.' while JBL and Cole praise his honesty

I could get behind Homan Heigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Roman should come back and be immediately crushed by a falling grand piano, in my opinion.

• Locked thread