Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dat Game of Thrones...
better than Sami/Nakamura
better than Joe/Finn
better than Roman's suspension
View Results

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Batista is bad in ring. He was a fun character as a douchebag heel though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Batista's better than Roman and that guy's gonna be our champion soon.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

:lol::lol::lol:

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
reminder that all those 6mans that were awesome were matches with 5 other dudes in them... and all 5 other dudes, including roman, are a lot better than 'tista

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh man if they put the belt back on him at battleground lmao

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sterrrrrrrroooooiiiids

sterrrrrrrroooooiiiids

sterrrrrrrroooooiiiids

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Vince: it was just fatburners :(

Fans: we don't care

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i care a great deal, and actually i think its cool as hell

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I'm ready to forgive the Big Dog for his mistakes

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I will forgive roman but only if he cries like a bitch in the ring for a full twenty minutes while the crowd is allowed to laugh at him, loudly.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I thought Batista rested more in the ring until Roman got so bad he literally got a "Roman's sleeping" chant going.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Vince you stupid idiot.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo:

Can't wait for Battleground, I am legitimately excited for a WWE C Tier PPV

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

oh my loving god yessss

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"H-G-H! H-G-H!" x 1,000,000,000,000,000

Good luck Vince, you scumfuck idiot.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I honestly can't begin to even imagine the sheer magnitude of the boos if he gets the title. We're talking Bryan eliminated from the Rumble tier or above.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

vince at this point is basically old al davis

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

vince at this point is basically old al davis

That makes Roman Darius Heyward-Bey.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jamarcus russell

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Why why whyyyyyyyyy would you push this guy so loving hard when it's obviously not working in the slightest? It's the dumbest loving thing in the world. It's like a candy company making a flavor that everyone on earth hates and then starting a 5 billion dollar ad campaign to push it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gonz posted:

That makes Roman Darius Heyward-Bey.

oatgan posted:

jamarcus russell

Russell in terms of comedy/embarrassment value, but like Heyward-Bey he might be able to be a useful role player in five years for an organization that's actually good.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Why why whyyyyyyyyy would you push this guy so loving hard when it's obviously not working in the slightest? It's the dumbest loving thing in the world. It's like a candy company making a flavor that everyone on earth hates and then starting a 5 billion dollar ad campaign to push it.

roman reigns is new coke

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No no you want Roman

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That is one of the most out of touch things I've ever read in my life. Battleground is in D.C., what are they usually like?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"Sir customers don't like the new Bacon Ranch Hot fudge and pickle sundae, maybe we should pick a new idea?"

"gently caress that, I want a full ad campaign, put our entire marketing budget into it!"

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

oatgan posted:

jamarcus russell

Roman got busted for sizzurp?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

oatgan posted:

jamarcus russell

Roman can be useful with the right booking, though.

JaMarcus was utterly worthless from Day One.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

That is one of the most out of touch things I've ever read in my life. Battleground is in D.C., what are they usually like?

Does it matter? Pro Cena type crowds tend to still hate Roman Reigns

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Vince still thinks he has the Midas touch and it is the 1980s.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

roman reigns is new coke

Roman's a false flag so everyone's happy when Cena gets back in the title picture?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Depends on what you mean by "working"

If you're as desperate for attention as literally everybody in the upper echelons of WWE is, this is absolutely working. Look at all the attention we're currently giving their guy who's still suspended for 21 or 22 days. He's not even on TV and we all can't stop talking about the big dog guy king god.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The thing is 'Let's Boo Roman As Hard As We Can' has become a fun thing to do. People who don't hate him will boo along at live events, coz it is fun to do and will join in. And the rest of us that do hate him will boo anyways.

His booking has been trying to get him loyal fans, fans that like him, like his character, and want to cheer for him. It has clearly not worked, so there aren't the cheers to drown out the boos, and get the uncommitted to join in the cheers.

Perhaps WWE should pipe in some cheers, like WCW did with eth Goldberg chant.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

rovert posted:

Vince still thinks he has the Midas touch and it is the 1980s.

Everything the man personally touches turns to steak and ketchup wraps.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oldpainless posted:

No no you want Roman

it turns out I did want sheamus (over roman anyway) after all

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it turns out I did want sheamus (over roman anyway) after all

You can have your wish

when you see TMNT in theaters now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonz posted:

Roman can be useful with the right booking, though.

JaMarcus was utterly worthless from Day One.

it was just a fat joke

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Depends on what you mean by "working"

If you're as desperate for attention as literally everybody in the upper echelons of WWE is, this is absolutely working. Look at all the attention we're currently giving their guy who's still suspended for 21 or 22 days. He's not even on TV and we all can't stop talking about the big dog guy king god.

good thing this has translated to house show numbers

Oh wait, poo poo...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vince was always big loving retard who just licked his way to success

E: hahahahaha this should be lucked but gently caress it

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 30, 2016

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

Russell in terms of comedy/embarrassment value, but like Heyward-Bey he might be able to be a useful role player in five years for an organization that's actually good.
Knowing the Steelers luck he's going to suck this year and Ben will get injured again and ruin the chance for him and Antonio Brown to break all the passing and receiving records this year (just like last year :smith:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Monkeycheese posted:

guys, Batista is still bad at the actually wrestling part of wrestling, being in a nerd-jizz-inducing movie doesn't change that

Real Talk, Batista is actually quite a good wrestler, but he seemed pretty bad in his 2014 run mainly because his cardio was shot. By the time Mania arrived he was back in full form and it was awesome. Its a drat shame he opted to cut his poo poo short instead of doing one last singles match, I think he could have gone out on a really high note doing a job for one of the guys in the two ladder matches the crowd wanted to see win something big, like Cesaro or Ziggler.

One can't ignore the fact that there were a lot of external factors to the crowd turning on Batista either, frankly I think he could have been better than he ever was and the audience still would have turned on him at the Rumble. It was always going to be Bryan, Punk or nothing for that crowd. Its a loving miracle they got behind Reigns as much as they did, and I don't think Smark Love for The Shield was really peaked at that point yet, so it was almost certainly just a Protest/We Desperately Want Someone New vote rather than a vote for Roman specifically.

• Locked thread