Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Serious Frolicking posted:

it is kind of funny how okinawans decry the soldiers stationed there as all being rapists when they actually rape at a much lower rate than the local population. like sure, ideally no one would be doing any rapes at all but even the notoriously rapey marines are less rapey than okinawans. rape.

Lol if you believe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Lichy posted:

japanese women are tiny, unattractive and have no booty and I just don't know why goons settle for that

pedos

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Is it part of their culture to stop and take selfies in front of the most mundane stuff? I see them around town all the time just posing for pictures in front of random bus stops, gas stations, in the middle of the street...whats the deal?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Is it part of their culture to stop and take selfies in front of the most mundane stuff? I see them around town all the time just posing for pictures in front of random bus stops, gas stations, in the middle of the street...whats the deal?

are you sure those aren't chinese?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tuxedo Gin posted:

are you sure those aren't chinese?

could be, I'm terrible at telling the difference.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

if they're strangling a wild animal to get a selfie with it, they're probably chinese

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Tuxedo Gin posted:

if they're strangling a wild animal to get a selfie with it, they're probably chinese

lol yeah

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

You want my opinion of the Far East? They aren't far enough!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Did you know? The US Marines in Japan can't build a new base because they singlehandedly endangered the native dugong population with the last one.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

numberoneposter posted:

You want my opinion of the Far East? They aren't far enough!

!!!!!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

generally unless an anime character has a thick accent and possibly a cowboy hat they are supposed to be japanese regardless of their features. blonde hair and blue eyes? still a pure blooded nihonjin.

P. much. It's like how we in the West read all the yellow-skinned people on The Simpsons as white.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Did you know?

Neither Washington nor Tokyo has explained the geostrategic necessities of a U.S. forward-deployed military presence in Asia effectively.

Nor have officials articulated the significant role of the U.S. Marines in a broad spectrum of alliance missions—an issue that is complicated by political sensitivities and U.S. officials’ excessive fear of revealing military contingency plans.

The United States has pledged the lives of its sons and daughters to defend Japan. As Lieutenant General Stalder succinctly explained, “all of my Marines on Okinawa are willing to die if it is necessary for the security of Japan.”

Indeed, as Prime Minister Kan commented, “Including the Marines in Okinawa, all U.S. troops stationed in Japan play a major role in contributing to our nation’s safety and the region’s stability.” Kan stated:

[W]e must never forget that in the context of the Japan–U.S. alliance, members of the Japanese Self-Defense Forces and the U.S. Marines, perhaps youth not even twenty years of age, have a mission to be prepared to shed their own blood [for the defense of Japan] should a contingency arise.
In response to Chinese provocations, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reassured Foreign Minister Maehara in November 2010 that the United States considered the Senkaku Islands to be Japanese territory under the bilateral security treaty. The U.S. statement was a stronger affirmation than previous vague diplomatic comments on the sovereignty of the islands.

In addition to the Senkaku Islands, U.S. Marines are also critical to securing Japanese interests in Okinawa. For example, Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazawa opposed moving U.S. Marines from Okinawa to Guam because, as he noted, these troops “a very important role in deterring against Chinese adventurism near Okinawa—if all the Marines in Okinawa were transferred to Guam, we cannot defend those islands.”

Further highlighting the Marine’s role in the Pacific, in February 2011, Admiral Robert Willard, commander of Pacific Command, announced that the Marine Corps had been integrated into the new U.S. AirSeaBattle Concept battle plan, commenting that “their capabilities will be an enhancement to our joint force.” A U.S. defense official added that the revised strategy could use the Marines to retake islands in the East China or South China seas after a Chinese attack. The official commented that “the Japanese and South China Sea states don’t have Marine Corps-type capabilities to stop a Chinese occupation of islands.”

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Did you know?

The Heritage Foundation wrote the preceding article in 2011, way before the latest round of isolationist sentiment in their ranks, because a proxy war with China over some loving rocks seemed like a great sell to everyone involved?

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
Japanese people are weird, Japan is weird. I should know I've been there and worked with a lot of Japanese people. However there are a gently caress ton of hot Japanese women and they like tall average white men like myself, we're very exotic to them.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know what is worse. Weebs or those losers that masturbate to the military because they were too fat to enlist

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

jlechem posted:

Japanese people are weird, Japan is weird. I should know I've been there and worked with a lot of Japanese people. However there are a gently caress ton of hot Japanese women and they like tall average white men like myself, we're very exotic to them.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I don't know what is worse. Weebs or those losers that masturbate to the military because they were too fat to enlist

if the posting gets any better than this ill eat my hat

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RaceBannon posted:

why do fat western losers like japan so much though? this is important. you never see them obsessing over like vietnamese culture or something

All the anime and video games they substitute in place of a healthy functional life come from there.

Also, what the gently caress happened to anime? I grew up with stuff like DBZ, Cowboy Beebop, Trigun, and Akira. objectivly good shows and movies. But now what's popular is this gay semi-pedophile school girl poo poo. It's trash. I do not get it. I understand anime, like movies, is really broad and has a genre for everyone, but why is the pedophile school girl crap so popular and the main focus of anime fans? Is it the same reason as MLP?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lichy posted:

South Koreans are better and more chill though

When I was in Cambodia visiting Angkor Wat, there was a huge group of South Korean tourists there. The guide would hold up a blue umbrella, and they would stop whatever they were doing and when the guide lowered it and walked off they would all follow him single file like in a conga line. It was hilarious seeing about 40 adults guided around like children.

spud fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 28, 2016

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Ausmund posted:

All the anime and video games they substitute in place of a healthy functional life come from there.

Also, what the gently caress happened to anime? I grew up with stuff like DBZ, Cowboy Beebop, Trigun, and Akira. objectivly good shows and movies. But now what's popular is this gay semi-pedophile school girl poo poo. It's trash. I do not get it. I understand anime, like movies, is really broad and has a genre for everyone, but why is the pedophile school girl crap so popular and the main focus of anime fans? Is it the same reason as MLP?

all those shows you listed as good are actually garbage. you just have fond memories of them because you liked them when you were an immature idiot. they, like all anime, belong in the trash.

pedo schoolgirl poo poo is popular because anime fans are emotionally children, never having experienced real social interaction, so they relate better to shows about children and relationships with children than adults

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mange Mite posted:

Lol if you believe this

it is actually true for all violent crime in okinawa, and is a matter of public record. i suppose it is probably because okinawa is poor as poo poo compared to most other urban areas in japan. don't get me wrong, the marines there still love to rape and murder. they are marines, after all. they just love it less than the surrounding populace, is all.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Ausmund posted:

japan is an entire country that should be placed into one of those correctional christian summer camps for teenagers

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tuxedo Gin posted:

all those shows you listed as good are actually garbage. you just have fond memories of them because you liked them when you were an immature idiot. they, like all anime, belong in the trash.

pedo schoolgirl poo poo is popular because anime fans are emotionally children, never having experienced real social interaction, so they relate better to shows about children and relationships with children than adults

Explain to me how akira doesn't own. Best animated movie ever made imo

edit: thats a really good theory though

Ausmund fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 28, 2016

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Ausmund posted:

Explain to me how akira doesn't own. Best animated movie ever made imo

these two things aren't mutually exclusive, the best anime can be (and is) still trash

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lichy posted:

japanese women are tiny, unattractive and have no booty and I just don't know why goons settle for that

OPPOSITE. The Japanese seem to be the only asians capable of producing fat tits and big sloppy hams.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

akira owned when you were 12

it does not own now when you are an adult

if you think it does, i highly recommend you grow the gently caress up

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Dave_Indeed posted:

OPPOSITE. The Japanese seem to be the only asians capable of producing fat tits and big sloppy hams.

i have seen a shitload of obese koreans

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

it is actually true for all violent crime in okinawa, and is a matter of public record. i suppose it is probably because okinawa is poor as poo poo compared to most other urban areas in japan. don't get me wrong, the marines there still love to rape and murder. they are marines, after all. they just love it less than the surrounding populace, is all.

No the military never divulges its internal crime stats becase it would make them look really bad. Even just between soldiers the rape rate is super high. The numbers they release are for things like foreigners arrested by Japanese police which is extremely low because it only covers an extremely small range of incidents. Not to mention all the stuff that's quietly swept under the rug with the help of local authorities. This used to be something I worked on and the whole thing is kind of sad and helps explain why the locals are so mad.

Go back far enough to the 70s and 80s and you could literally get away with murder with a slap on the wrist. A lot of people still remember that era too.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 28, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ausmund posted:

Japan used to have anime for normal people because they were too poor to have real tv and movies.

Now that they're rich, normal people have mostly moved on to watching real tv and movies, and only children and weird perverts watch animation, just like in the us. Of these two, the perverts have more money

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

1) this isn't the thread for serious discussions about this

2) nobody cares about internal rape stats. lol if you join the marines and expect to not get raped

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I don't know why you'd ever post a rape statistic on the internet and expect people to care

holy poo poo!!! a line graph!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i only believe data if it is in a venn diagram

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Dave_Indeed posted:

wtf is a ham?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

was genuinely curious and it appears malaysia, thailand, singapore, korea, china, and philippines are all ahead of japan in terms of obesity

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
I want to hear more about how Japan actually has a dedicated government department that works on finding anyone living in Japan with Korean ancestry. Also the whole cast system involving families who work with leather.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

nsfw

code:
[url]https://imgur.com/MtzULpL[/url]

lmao

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Japanese culture is so superior that they are having a population crisis because everyone there hates Japanese culture.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I will not have you Luddites shaming glorious Nippon!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

japan is a pretty cool country actually but it would be a lot better if they got rid of all the japanese

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I bet if the Mongolians had managed to not get destroyed by a freak typhoon Japan would be awesome today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
i use my fingers to eat sushi i hope that doesnt offend anyone

• Locked thread