Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Thank you Japan for Akira Kurosawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

I want to hear more about how Japan actually has a dedicated government department that works on finding anyone living in Japan with Korean ancestry. Also the whole cast system involving families who work with leather.

Hentai is an allegorical tale of the burakumin. The invisible man

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 29, 2016

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Thank you Japan for Joe Shishido, Akiko Wada, and Ringo Sutaru

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Thank you Japan for Joe Shishido

The chipmunk dude is cool

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

has anyone posted a bunch of living food gifs yet

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

What the gently caress man. You can't eat food that is trying to slap box you

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

there's a whole thing where they like to take still-living things and barely fry them and gently caress them up and put them on the plate before they expire so that you can eat them living and it's pretty hosed up and cruel imo

they also still hunt whales

gently caress (some aspects) of jap culture is what i am saying

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Thank you Japan for Akira Kurosawa

And also for Akira, the comic books.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

there's a whole thing where they like to take still-living things and barely fry them and gently caress them up and put them on the plate before they expire so that you can eat them living and it's pretty hosed up and cruel imo

they also still hunt whales

gently caress (some aspects) of jap culture is what i am saying

You may not know this, but most things on the planet are eaten alive.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You may not know this, but most things on the planet are eaten alive.

I hope you're eaten alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFelfDbkzm4&t=46s

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I hope you live a normal life cause I'm not a thin skinned vindictive manchild afraid to face reality.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The whale hunting is pretty hosed up but then again theyre a hosed up culture

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Those tables with the built-in heater seem neat and comfy

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I hope you live a normal life cause I'm not a thin skinned vindictive manchild afraid to face reality.

I'm imagining you being dipped alive into a fryer and touching myself.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
i dont want anyone to be eaten alive but i also dont think im gonna cause a fuss about people being lovely to animals on the other side of the planet - i dont think they care

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Protagonist posted:

Heh, me 2

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Protagonist posted:

Kids will be kids.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

RaceBannon posted:

i dont want anyone to be eaten alive but i also dont think im gonna cause a fuss about people being lovely to animals on the other side of the planet - i dont think they care

they actually care a lot

they are exceptionally sensitive about criticism re: whaling and dolphin hunting

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Whaling????????????????????? Sounds like my ex wife!!!!!!!!!!! kanichiwa

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

I hereby declare in this recognized and formal forum with all witnesses present I do say with most appreciation and respect I most graciously give the Japanese people the title of honorary whites.

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

has anyone posted a bunch of living food gifs yet

The Japanese like their live food but the reason this little dude is doing the cha cha is the salt in the soy sauce causes some sort of nerve reaction. It would have to be really fresh to do this.

That being said I don't know why it is being served on a plate instead stuffed halfway up a schoolgirl's cooch. Maybe this isn't from a mainland Japan restaurant.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I had an overnight layover just outside Tokyo a few weeks ago. The extent of my Japanese is how to say 'hello' and 'thank you.'

Walking through Narita was absolutely fun and weird. Being in a foreign country and not understanding the language a bit feels like what it must be like to be mentally retarded. People were talking to me but I had no loving clue what they were trying to tell me so I'd just smile, nod my head and say either "arigato," "domo" or "hodor" if they seemed like they were being a dick.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh
LOL at the South Korea is better chat. South Korea is the wonderful nexus of Japanese pretension with Chinese manners.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Let us English posted:

LOL at the South Korea is better chat. South Korea is the wonderful nexus of Japanese pretension with Chinese manners.

And the stupidest goddamn chopsticks on planet earth.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I would like to know more about Chinese manners.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it was cool when that japanese politician said gang rape is good because it shows japanese men are virile

also cool how predominant cartoon pedophilia is

just a cool culture

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it was cool when that japanese politician said gang rape is good because it shows japanese men are virile

also cool how predominant cartoon pedophilia is

just a cool culture

I think 13 was the age of consent until not too long ago.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
i guess it's easier to come to that point when even the best consensual sex sounds like the girl just lost her loving baby to SIDS

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Let us English posted:

yeah, i've always said that korea took the worst aspects of both chinese and japanese culture and none of the good

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Wicker Man posted:

We have a thread for that already.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Wicker Man posted:

there is no such thing

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Let us English posted:

We have a thread for that already.

I don't need a thread, just a one or two sentence summary.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

I don't need a thread, just a one or two sentence summary.

FYGM.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Lichy posted:

South Koreans are better and more chill though
agreedo

spud posted:

When I was in Cambodia visiting Angkor Wat, there was a huge group of South Korean tourists there. The guide would hold up a blue umbrella, and they would stop whatever they were doing and when the guide lowered it and walked off they would all follow him single file like in a conga line. It was hilarious seeing about 40 adults guided around like children.
probably because south koreans are really good at society and nobody is a stupid, loud-mouth rear end in a top hat for fear of getting shamed to death or something.

all the chinese people i ran into had dogshit manners and always tried to cut in front of me in lines and acted pissy when i touched them with my white skin to keep them back.

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 29, 2016

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
i like dark souls

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Ausmund posted:

Explain to me how akira doesn't own. Best animated movie ever made imo

edit: thats a really good theory though

I mean the animation quality is amazing. Story suffers from being made before the manga was finished and is super compressed anyway.

Aug 4, 2010

my grandad always said "the japanese (not the word he used) are a mean race"

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
My granddad always said "get you an oriental cause they know how to take care of a man" but he was a bit racist.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

www posted:

my grandad always said "the japanese (not the word he used) are a mean race"

wanna meet that grandad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

symbolic posted:

i did a paper on the decision of which cities to target for the atomic bombs and the best part about that situation was that the Secretary of War convinced the Manhattan Committee to take it off the list of potential candidates by basically saying "hey, i went there on my honeymoon and it's pretty nice, please don't blow it up"

On the other hand; it has a manga museum

• Locked thread