Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavabunga
May 24, 2016

Wazaaa!

So, what do I need to know about Dark Souls 3?

I guess most of you know what kind of game this is but for you who don’t, here follows some info of the gameplay:

“Dark Souls III is an action role-playing game set in a third-person perspective, similar to previous games in the series. According to lead director and series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki, the game's gameplay design followed "closely from Dark Souls II". Players are equipped with a variety of weapons including bows, explosives like fire bombs, greatswords, and dual-wielding swords to fight against enemies, and shields that can be used to deflect an enemies' attack and protect the player from suffering damage. Each attack has two different styles, with one of them being a standard attack, while the other is slightly more powerful and can be charged up, similar to FromSoftware's previous game, Bloodborne. In addition, attacks can be evaded through dodge-rolling. Bonfires, which serve as checkpoints, return from previous installments. Ashes, according to Miyazaki, play an important role in the game. Magic is featured in the game, with a returning magic system from Demon's Souls, now known as "focus points" (FP). When performing spells, the players' focus points are consumed and decreased. There are two separate types of Estus Flasks in the game, which can be allotted to fit a players' particular play style. One of them refills hit points like previous games in the series, while another, newly introduced in Dark Souls III, refills focus points. Combat and movements were made faster and more fluid in Dark Souls III, with several players' movements, such as backstepping and swinging heavy weapons, able to be performed more rapidly, allowing players to deal more damage in a short period of time.”

What kind of LP will this be?

This will not be a “step by step” let’s play. I choose to opt out some of the “running around”, such as searching for every item to pick up. I put focus on parts I find interesting (of course, I'm following the main story), as I’m not the best player around ;)
And BEWARE! This series will have a humoristic approach to it so, if you can’t stand this kind of LP you might wanna’ turn around... but of course, you’re curious so you’ll have a glimpse :)

And the schedule?

I’ll try my best to give you 3-4 vids per week, but a minimum of 2.

Spoilers schmoilers

Please, don't.

Gavabunga fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I won't be following this thread, as I'm not really interested in watching a DS3 LP right now, but I just want to say good on you man for putting in an effort to make this more SA-friendly. I glanced at your first attempt at an LP of this game, and sort of expected you to just vanish like a few other folks that recently attempted to get on SA with very "Youtubeish" LPs, so this is a pleasant surprise. If you keep up this kind of effort to show that you do care about the community here, I could see you doing decently. Just remember to always be open to advice or criticism.

Gavabunga
May 24, 2016

Wazaaa!
Thank you for your reply, LogicalFallacy. I'm very thankful for advice in general and I see criticism as a contribution to help me grow, both as a person as well as a gamer/let's player.
This new post is actually a remake after feedback from one of the moderators in this community, who gave me some welcome insight.

Gavabunga fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 29, 2016

Gavabunga
May 24, 2016

Wazaaa!
Aaaand... moving on with episode #2!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
Keep at it. You chose a weird game at a weird time, so you may not get that much attention, but just see it through and play it because you love it.

• Locked thread