Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Although the media would lead you to believe that Hillary Clinton’s primary voters are a diverse coalition of people of color and women uniting to shut down the patriarchy-loving white men that support Sanders, a recent poll proves that they are actually pretty drat racist.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/29/reuters_hillary_clinton_supporters_are_pretty_racist_too.html

quote:

Pollsters interviewed 16,000 Americans and asked them to grade whites and blacks on a series of personal traits, ranging from their intelligence to lawfulness. “In nearly every case,” the outlet notes, “Trump supporters were more likely to rate whites higher than blacks when their responses were compared with responses from Clinton supporters.”

• Roughly one-third of Trump supporters described blacks as less “intelligent” than whites, compared with about one-fifth of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 22.5 percent suggested whites were smarter than blacks.
• 40 percent of Trump supporters described blacks as more “lazy” than whites, compared with one-quarter of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 26.8 percent suggested whites were harder working than blacks.
• 44 percent of Trump supporters described blacks as more “rude” than whites, compared with 30 percent of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 31.3 percent said whites were more well-mannered than blacks.
• Nearly half of all Trump supporters described blacks as more “violent” than whites, compared with nearly one-third of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 32.8 percent said whites were less violent than blacks.
• Nearly half of all Trump supporters described blacks as more “criminal” than whites, compared with nearly one-third of Clinton supporters who did the same. Among all respondents, 33.2 percent said whites were more lawful than blacks.

Financially comfortable people that are unconcerned with or opposed to almost anything that would benefit the working class are racist? Who’da thunk it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

White people are racist. This is only news to white people.

yeah but Clinton voters are almost as racist as Trump voters, which should be surprising to anyone that has paid attention to the news media in the last few months (Trump is UltraHitler)

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Maoist Pussy posted:

Righties are racist in a straightforward, tribal sort of way. Lefties are racist in a condescending, patronizing sort of way.

Clinton isn't really the left though, she's center-right (or whatever you call a socially liberal 1980's-style Republican)

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

spud posted:

Have I missed something here? All I see is Trump supporters hate blacks in every possible way, more than Clinton supporters.

Maybe I just don't understand american politics.

yeah but Trump supporters are only slightly more racist than Clinton supporters, although if you'd watched any US news programming in the last few months you'd think that everybody voting for Trump is a skinhead and all of Clinton's voters are impoverished women of color just trying to survive in a hostile world.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

The Kingfish posted:

I wonder what percentage of those Clinton supporters were black and how that might skew the data.

yeah actually if you adjust for race it's possible that white Hilary voters are more racist than white Trump voters. Of course that's probably why you'll never be able to find that data.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Prettz posted:

everyone voting for trump is a skinhead

or is working class and is looking to vote for someone that isn't pretending that our hosed economy is doing great and that we just need to keep on this same path

if the choice is to continue a status quo that only serves a handful of rich people or burn it all down I think that it's OK to choose to burn it all down, and that doesn't necessarily make you racist

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Prettz posted:

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren: Not the left.

They are the left, but they aren't the Democratic Party establishment and people with their politics will never be

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

The left that anyone takes seriously though? Just look at how the Dems treated Bernie.

Yeah this is what really pisses me off, because of people protecting Clinton from Bernie in this primary now a large segment of Democratic voters are OK with some really insane bullshit.

Bill Maher on Friday was actually talking about how Clinton's AUMF vote was "just voting to give Bush the badge and the gun, not to start a war" which I have been hearing for months from Clinton voters and which would have gotten you laughed the gently caress out of the room in 2008, but is now official Democratic Party line.

Not to mention that the wars are not something we are trying to end anymore, there's no such thing as a conflict of interest or corruption without smoking-gun evidence of quid pro quo, $15 an hour is too much for a minimum wage, people going to college should pay for it themselves because they need to "have skin in the game" (Clinton's actual words), Kissinger's endorsement is something to be proud of, NAFTA was a success, etc.

the Democratic Party has been sliding this way for years but it's like they collectively lost their minds and threw everything out the window at once to be able to justify Clinton's nomination

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Luvcow posted:

which sucks because elizabeth warren is about as anti clinton as you can get but sold out so she could potentially get on the ticket

I don't know what to think of Warren, if they put her on the ticket it will only be to prevent Clintons Wall Street Uber Alles administration from having a vocal and popular critic in the Senate (because the VP pretty much never publicly disagrees with the Pres.) and to win over Bernie voters, but I still trust that Warren knows what she's doing and wouldn't take the VP slot without some serious promises from Clinton

But whatever, she's not going to be offered the VP slot anyway. It's gonna be somebody with a hispanic name that Wall Street trusts, or somebody whose career was created almost entirely by Wall Street like Cory Booker.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Famethrowa posted:

op aren't you a unironic trump supporter lmao

no I'm voting for Jill Stein like I did in 2012

but I unironically hope that Trump wins because we deserve him (also I'd like the Democratic Party to purge the existing establishment and be rebuilt)

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
also Trump is the most moderate GOP nominee in ages and that should be recognized and respected. The current Republican nominee supports protectionist trade policy, has said that the US should be neutral on Israel/Palestine, has given money to Planned Parenthood in the past, and has questioned the cost of our military. That's loving amazing, even if he is a buffoon.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

City of Tampa usually has good well thought out posts.

I almost can't believe such a decent poster has anything to do with Florida.

thatnk you ZimZam you;re cool too

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

its cute when ppl talk about trump positions and policies

sociopaths dont have positions and brands dont have policies

but when combined in one dumpy frame they have stupid poo poo they want and stupid shits to sell it to

all this is true of Clinton though too. "Clinton" is as much of a brand as "Trump" is

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Famethrowa posted:

oh so unironic accelerationism then. :yikes:

i call it "voting for the candidate whose ideals and principles are closest to my own" but you can call it whatevs

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

whoflungpoop posted:

is it possible for anyone to resist from saying BUT CLINTON when other people point out how dumb they are for liking trump

trump supporters are people standing under park statues as pigeons drop wet bombs in every hole god drilled in their face, screaming to the sky "at least im not in the filthy bathrooms"

no because Clinton is loving horrendously bad and it's insane to pretend that this isn't the case

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Trump is bad but I wish that Clinton defenders could see that they are just as obnoxious as Trump people are, their candidate is just as bad, and they have no right to be smug about anything towards Trump voters because the Democrats completely loving abandoned the poor and working class and now wants to sneer at them for looking for a way to get their concerns addressed.

because being a reliable vote for a party that can't even hide it's disdain for them anymore hasn't gotten them anywhere.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Flavahbeast posted:

this makes it sound like Clinton supporters are slightly less racist than the average american, compared to Trump supporters who are way more racist?? Im not sure what lesson I should be taking from this thread OP

yeah but if you look at the other numbers a full 1/3rd of Clinton people considered blacks to be more "violent" and "criminal" than whites. That's way more than I would have guessed, and you could imagine the reaction the Clinton campaign would have had if these kinds of numbers came out about Bernie voters a couple months ago

edit: also these numbers aren't adjusted for race so remove the black people from the Clinton responses (prolly not a lot of black people on the Trump side) and whoooboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i'm standing on the union-made porch of artisanally reclaimed lumber called the Green Party pointing at the Trump voters in the poo poo tub and the Clinton voters in the hazmat tub and saying "you all are retarded and I'll have none of this"

• Locked thread