Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
:siren: CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE START OF THE REVEAL! :siren:

Greetings! With the conventions just around the corner, it's time for one of D&D's favorite pastimes, the Sheep Game!

This is how the game works. I will post a list of 16 statements. Your job is to provide an answer that you think is the best for each statement. BUT! The object of the game is not necessarily to guess the most correct answer. Rather, the object of this game is to give the most common answer that you think will be given by the rest of the players. For each answer you give, you get a number of points equal to the number of people who also gave that answer. If you say "red" and 10 other people say red, you get 11 points. If you say "blue" and no one else said blue, you get 1 point. The poster with the most points at the end of 16 rounds wins! Note that it is in your best interest to not discuss the game in other threads or IRC, lest you tip your hand on what your answers will be!

If you are still a little confused, check out one of the previous D&D sheep games here and here, or these sheep games from SAS and AI.

:siren: The top 3 players will win free avatar changes from Absurd Alhazred :siren:

Want to participate? Great! Please follow this two step process:
1) Submit your entries via email to theoneandonlyt87@gmail.com (NO PMs PLEASE). The subject line should include your SA username and "Sheep Game Entry" (e.g. "TheOneAndOnlyT sheep game entry"). Your answers should be in the body of the message. Please submit your answers with one answer on each line, in order, and with no numbers and no questions. This will save me a bunch of editing time.
2) Re-read Step 1 and make sure you didn't gently caress it up, or you'll probably get disqualified!

Signups are now closed.

The deadline for entries is approximately one week; I will post a 24 hour notice before I stop taking submissions. Once submissions are closed I will determine a reveal date. This will be done "liveblog" style, i.e. I'll reveal each round of answers one at a time over the course of a few hours.

Once again:
:siren: DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM! :siren:

Got it? Okay. Here are the statements. Some of these are intentionally fairly vague. It's up to you to decide how you think the rest of D&D will interpret them!

1. This person will be Hillary Clinton's vice-presidential pick.
2. This person will be Donald Trump's vice-presidential pick.
3. Following the 2016 elections, the new Speaker of the House will not be Paul Ryan, but instead this person.
4. Following the 2016 elections, the new Senate Majority Leader will not be Mitch McConnell, but instead this person.
5. If Donald Trump wins the presidency and the Republicans retain control of the House and Senate, this will be the first bill Trump signs into law, in one to three words.
6. If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency and the Democrats take back control of the House and Senate, this will be the first bill Clinton signs into law, in one to three words.
7. If Hillary Clinton had never existed, this person would have become the 2016 Democratic nominee.
8. If Donald Trump had never existed, this person would have become the 2016 Republican nominee.
9. This issue will be the defining issue of the 2016 presidential election.
10. Among people who did not participate in any party’s presidential primary for 2016, this person will have the biggest effect on the 2016 presidential election.
11. This state will have the most unexpected result in the 2016 presidential election.
12. It's late October, and Donald Trump unveils a staggering revelation that causes Hillary Clinton to lose in a landslide. Name it.
13. It's mid-July, and Hillary Clinton unveils a staggering revelation that causes Donald Trump to drop out of the race before the convention. Name it.
14. If Hillary Clinton wins the presidency, this will be the first thing Donald Trump publicly blames for his loss.
15. This will be the first thing Barack Obama does after leaving office.
16. This person will be the next President of the United States.

Once again:
:siren: DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM! :siren:

Undying gratitude goes to C. Everett Koop and pig slut lisa, whose Sheep Game OPs I have heavily plagiarized. Additional thanks to seiferguy for sending me the Sheep Game software to make this easier, and Arkane for doing a previous D&D sheep game and giving me a few ideas to use for this one.

Good luck! :)

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
65 players:

Adar
Aesculus
AKA Pseudonym
Alfred P. Pseudonym
Alris
bewilderment
Brigadier Sockface
Budzilla
C. Everett Koop
Capfalcon
Chokes McGee
Cliff Racer
ComradeCosmobot
Coohoolin
Cruel and Unusual
DarklyDreaming
DemeaninDemon
Dolash
Don We Now
fade5
FairGame
gently caress HARAMBE
Goldfish
Grey Fox
Grundulum
Gyges
Haschel Cedricson
HisMajestyBOB
ieatsoap6
Junior G-man
Koishi Komeiji
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Lord Hydronium
MaxNV
MaxxBot
Meat Recital
Meatbag Esq.
MisterJed
Necc0
Nessus
Ogmius815
One More Fat Nerd
Phi Fi Fo Fum
Pinterest Mom
Quovak
Reason
Riptor
Ron Roenicke
Rye
Salvor_Hardin
seiferguy
SHISHKABOB
Silver2195
Slaan
StandardVC10
Super Librarian
System Metternich
Technogeek
tentative8e8op
The Iron Llama
True Blue Triumph
Vegetables
Venomous
whitey delenda est
Yoshifan823

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jul 6, 2016

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I'm not even from the States, all my knowledge about American politics comes from reading D&D shitposts, I have no idea what to answer on half these questions

E-mail sent :v:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Clarifying question. For number 10, do people who participated in presidential primaries in years other than 2016 qualify?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Clarifying question. For number 10, do people who participated in presidential primaries in years other than 2016 qualify?
Oh, good point. I'll edit that one. It's only referring to people in the 2016 primaries.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Excellent, then my answer to that question stands.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I voted. Did you?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can we submit animated gifs as answers?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Gyges posted:

Can we submit animated gifs as answers?
That depends, do you want to ace every question that you submit one for? :v:

I guess it's fine as long as you submit them as text links.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

i'm gonna win

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Some of these I thought pretty hard about until I remembered the rules of the game I was playing

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I probably wound up with an answer to #10 that nobody else picked, but I am fairly certain that it was the correct answer anyway.

EDIT: Amusingly, back in the 2012 game, absolutely nobody picked Donald Trump as the 2016 Republican nominee.

Technogeek fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 30, 2016

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

gently caress yeah sheep game time!

It's always a difficult thing to pick between being right and just going balls to the wall :(

Rye
Jun 20, 2010

by exmarx
I pick Donald Trump.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rye posted:

I pick Donald Trump.

I imagine you just put "Donald Trump" for every answer and will thus win with a perfect score.

Anyway submitted my entry which is dumb and bad and also dumb.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

I imagine you just put "Donald Trump" for every answer and will thus win with a perfect score.

Anyway submitted my entry which is dumb and bad and also dumb.

It is almost certainly the winning answer for at least one of those.

Although I just realized what I should have chosen for #15. (No, not Donald Trump, please get that mental image out of your head. And out of mine while you're at it.)

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
my doubleposts are the hugest, most classiest doubleposts

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I am in touch with the D&D Hive Mind.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Time to score pathetically low in another one of these.

Cliff Racer: definitely not part of the D&D hivemind.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Ok, just sent my entry with the same answers I always give on these things: Ron Paul for every question.

What will the prize be for whoever wins?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Ok, just sent my entry with the same answers I always give on these things: Ron Paul for every question.

What will the prize be for whoever wins?
Still working that out with the mods, but probably something forums-related like avatar changes.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
And I just sent my entry. Definitely gonna lose

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Much like Brexit supporters, I cast my vote not expecting to win.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
I'm looking at the 2012 game and it is astounding how questions 10 and 11 turned out in practice.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm looking at the 2012 game and it is astounding how questions 10 and 11 turned out in practice.

You got a link, I remember playing but not the setup.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

StandardVC10 posted:

Much like Brexit supporters, I cast my vote not expecting to win.

Unlike the Brexit supporters you won't :smuggo:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

whitey delenda est posted:

You got a link, I remember playing but not the setup.

From the OP

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dear sweet jesus did I really say that Tim "Wonderbread" Kaine was gonna be the Democratic nominee this year?

I'm sure some of my answers this year are gonna look silly in retrospect in 2020, too. (also, mad props to the one guy who predicted Martin O'Malley for 2016 Dem Nom, so close and yet so, so far)

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Yoshifan823 posted:

Dear sweet jesus did I really say that Tim "Wonderbread" Kaine was gonna be the Democratic nominee this year?

I'm sure some of my answers this year are gonna look silly in retrospect in 2020, too. (also, mad props to the one guy who predicted Martin O'Malley for 2016 Dem Nom, so close and yet so, so far)

Somehow I had convinced myself that D&D saw Brian Schweitzer as the Democratic Golden Boy, so I'm pretty sure I was further off.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Technogeek posted:

Somehow I had convinced myself that D&D saw Brian Schweitzer as the Democratic Golden Boy, so I'm pretty sure I was further off.

A really classy fellow with good decision making capabilities, that one.

quote:

He become known for his unfiltered talk and being prone to gaffes. In a June 2014 interview with the National Journal, he made headlines for controversial comments deemed offensive to Democrats, Republicans, women, Southerners and gays. In the interview, he referred to Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein as a prostitute, saying: "She was the woman who was standing under the streetlight with her dress pulled all the way up over her knees, and now she says, 'I'm a nun,' when it comes to this spying!" He said that outgoing House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, married 25 years and father of three, set off his gaydar because southern men have effeminate mannerisms. Schweitzer apologized via Facebook on June 18, 2014, stating: "I recently made a number of stupid and insensitive remarks to a reporter from the National Journal. I am deeply sorry and sincerely apologize for my carelessness and disregard."

In February 2015, Schweitzer stated that he has "no plans" to run for President in 2016. On October 23, 2015, Schweitzer announced his endorsement of former Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley for President in 2016. He served as a national co-chair of the O'Malley campaign.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Sent and excited to see the results.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I'm real bad at this but entered anyway. Thanks for running it this year, the results are always hilarious.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Hell yeah, entered even though I know like nothing about US congressmen/senators.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I look forward to crashing and burning with the best of you! :patriot:

Edit: I screwed up. How should I submit a corrected answer list?

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 4, 2016

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why did I think Andrew Cuomo was the name to go with over Hillary :confused:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Congratulations to AKA Pseudonym for being the first person to completely ignore the fact that "DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM!" is posted three times in the OP! It took awhile, but I had faith that someone would do it eventually. :bravo:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Give him a prize, IMO. The only one truly brave enough to break from the sheep game sheeple pack :patriot:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Okay, we're coming up on a week since this thread was posted, so...

:siren: SIGNUPS WILL CLOSE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT PDT :siren: (a little over 24 hours from this post)
:siren: THE REVEAL WILL START WEDNESDAY AT 6PM PDT :siren:

If you've sent in an entry, please double-check the second post and make sure that your name is in the player list. There are a few players with technical difficulties in every sheep game, and I doubt that changed this time. If you don't see your name in the list, I don't have your entry, so please check it!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I also now have mod sanction to announce the prizes for this sheep game: the top 3 players will win free avatar changes from Absurd Alhazred! Good luck! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not a single person in the 2012 thread predicted Trump would be the R-nominee.

No one predicted Sanders would be the Dem nominee either.

• Locked thread