Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Still playing Cryx. I'm just shifting the balance of my infantry vs Warjacks a bit.

I can see Reaper getting a lot of work done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

S.J. posted:

Reaper is hella good now. The threat extension is real.

Cryx seems to have undergone a reshuffling without getting completely flushed. There are some things which are different now, Bane Warriors need a bit more babysitting to arrive at their destination but are still utterly horrible upon arrival. They need a screen. Scaverous has been eating his Booty-Os, because he's actually kinda terrifying now.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Tias posted:

Hey you guys. I'm probably going to dust off my Khador mans and get back in on the wrecked steel game :whatup:

Anything I should know about the new Mk?

Remember how you used to not be able to hit anything?

They fixed that. Juggernaut is MAT 7 and 12 points.

Zerkova 1 can now shoot things and turn them into Arc Nodes when they get boxed.

It is a good time to be Steampunk Russia.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 30, 2016

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm not sure it's possible to be more oppressive than Gaspy2 other than turning loose the former emperor of Cygnar as a statted model.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

S.J. posted:

Exactly. And the game ended up being fine. But it was still bullshit.

Yep.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

theironjef posted:

Dead? That's a Cygnar problem. Gaspy is dead too, doesn't slow him down. Vinter for next Cryx caster.

As a devoted Cryx player I approve of this message.

Edit: Also, really starting to get a hankering to make a Scaverous or Venethrax list now. I know some local lists that Vene would eat for breakfast in MkIII.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 1, 2016

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The worst offender is a variant of Striker2 leaping over a wall on his horse with a flag. THAT is top heavy.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

S.J. posted:

If you're talking about Stryker 3's model, that thing is top heavy but very centrally balanced. It plays perfectly.

Is it Striker3? I don't play Cygnar so I'm not super familiar. It always looked like it was on the verge of falling over to me. Good work on their end, I suppose.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Bane Lord Vinter.. Make it happen, PP.. :drac:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Reading through the old Monsternomicon for the Iron Kingdoms, it dawns upon me that I recognize the Hollow Men from the Lock & Load teaser, at least in some form or another... as a form of cult-created undead who consume the organs of the living to assume an unliving superhuman form that can pass for living.

The fluff seems a bit inconsistent with how the Circle and even Thamar cultists have been presented as of late, though.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

moths posted:

Aw dang, I just noticed Deryl no longer extends Morty's control area. I'm actually pretty ok with changes like that, even if it means keeping Stalkers on a shorter leash.

Vociferon lost that ability for Gaspy3 as well.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Crazy Ferret posted:

Sadly I moved back to Dallas a while back (sigh). This is over at Texas Toy Soldier if there is anyone interested.

I keep wanting to play more, but it seems like RL and :effort: sometimes combine to make me just roll over and zonk out on Mondays. I'm trying to not do that as much.

Got into playing Warmachine more for the painting than anything else, so I consider myself to be pretty terrible. Getting a ton of stuff reshuffled in Cryx has kinda thrown me off too. But I do plan on being at TTS on Monday with my swampy-looking Cryx army.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Crazy Ferret posted:

I will keep an eye out for some swampy Cryx!

Monday is basically my Saturday, so TTS' setup works best for me right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

rkajdi posted:

Yup. That's why I suggested the faneknight if you were looking for a shield guard against him. The aspis would lose its phoenix field ability for the next round, and even worse Imperatus loses phoenix protocol. Grievous wounds went from an okay anti-hordes ability to a great all around ability now that it stops tough and works on jacks.

Venethrax: The cure for what ails you as a Cryx player when everyone is running Trollbloods.