Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Who wants to bitch about how their faction has been ruined in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Kithkar posted:

I hate that I'm probably going to buy a battlefoam tournament bag. 75 bucks is kind of too good to pass up at that price.

Go with KR. Do it

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Bazanga posted:

Cool, didn't even realize that was a thing. I'll put one in for these rocketeers for sure.

Edit: Disregard that, I'm an idiot. Apparently there were two *very slightly* different arms that came in the same package, one for the gunners, one for the rocketeers. Amazing what happens when you use the right parts instead of trying to force the wrong ones to work.

Oh yeah, I remember that bullshit. It's a bit of a weird kit...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Iceclaw posted:

Pre priming!

I'm debating to call the Juggernaut "YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GEARS" or "Where is your dragondad now? :smug:"

Khador battle buddies! Digging that base, I just made a couple cork boulders

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

This got me really confused because my local group is called cogs and they're all pretty chill...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

susan posted:

New Farrow Warlock preview.

Noice

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Got a BB tournament going on this weekend with Kozlov. Any tips/tricks for the guy? Definitely haven't played around with him yet...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

whats the best way to store my foam trays full of stupid plastic monsters? i was going to use a comic book shortbox but i forgot how tight they are (like, the trays fit perfectly but there's no room on the sides to get out a tray at the bottom)

i dont need anything fancy, like a multicase is too much, but i would like to be able to a) store my poo poo and b) bring it with me to the store to play dumb plastic armymans

KR multicase. They're super cheap of you just buy the cardboard and are really high quality of you just want to store poo poo.

Worth the money given how custom they are over trying to find something that just manages to work.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

jubelio posted:

Every time I think about buying KR stuff, I realize that I want 3 things from a foam case ideally.

A. High Quality
B. Good Price
C. Painless shopping experience

Unfortunately KR really only delivers on one of those. I could deal with a high price if their site wasn't a shitstorm of bad design.

Reaaaally not all that expensive. There website is poop though and I recommend googling something like "what KR foam to get for khador". Most of the issue for me was how many cases to get, but again, Google is basically your friend here.

They would frankly dominate if they got an intern to make them a new website...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Pros/cons of iron fang pikeman vs black b dragons? I think I'll generally plan on using the UA, not sure about the kovnik

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

Tristan is gonna be hella rad.

Have there been any spoilers for Andy yet? I saw the key art for him which was wicked sick and I am excited to see if the model turn out well.

Sweet, m bison

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

imperialparadox posted:

The model for Elara looks cool, with a dynamic action pose.

The model for Malakov looks like somebody cosplaying Irusk.

Why couldn't the model for Malakov look like that picture where he's suckering that poor Winter Guard. I'd pay extra money for that, I don't care because it would be awesome.

Malikovs sculpt looks like handsome squidward

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

fnordcircle posted:

Holy poo poo, please post that in the thread about this because it's amazingly dead-on.

I'm ready

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

rantmo posted:

According to the PP Newsletter, it's the five new 'casters ($24.99 each) and the 11 old con-exclusive sculpts.

Oh awesome, maybe I'll pick up the khador mechanic if it goes online

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Is Vlad 3s wind wall with Madelyn corbeu as buttfuck retarded as it sounds?

I think I'm going to run it tomorrow...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

I mean, she can get parked my way back with Vlad though right? She should be able to avoid the majority of aoe's getting thrown at her or Vlad if you space things out

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

So uhhh should I pick up the khador beer and titties model?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Crazy Ferret posted:

Until I get equal representation, I will forever "Harrumph" the pin-up minis.

I mean, the Great Bears of Gallowswood! The pun writes itself. Drake Mcbain in a slightly different pose would be fine.

Though seriously, they are nice little show piece models as long as the nonsense does not bother you.

Id buy the gently caress out of Tom of Finland great bears

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

fnordcircle posted:

Welcome to the glorious heavy-jowled future.

Maybe I'll just paint him like he's allergic to bee's

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

So I just played List against Nemo 1 that I think beats out sloan at the ranged jack game. Was something like this:

Nemo1
2 minutemen
A ton of chargers
Tactical arcanists
Squire
Gobber tinker

2 fully boosted range 12 pow 13 shots from each jack each turn. Minutemen to clear jam. Pushed my poo poo in pretty hard. .

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Feel like I'm out of The loop but what is the deal with wurmwood right now. I've been hearing that he's nuts everywhere.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I think someone needs to go over yonder and start watching himself some Steven Universe to find out just how amazing magic rocks can actually be.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Ok, my dumb friends bullied me into playing this game (again, technically. I played a little mk1 when it first came out). I just ordered the Khador battle box and some day I want to spam lots of giant punchbots. Please tell me my dreams can come true.

What Khador warcaster is best for jack spam? What merc stuff should I look at? What are trap units/jacks in the Khador list? Can I get by with almost entirely jacks and solos? I hate painting 28mm infantry and want to minimize that as much as possible- a unit of 5 guys occasionally is fine, I don't want to batch paint 20 dudes that only serve as cannon fodder, GW broke me forever.

Help me :ohdear:

Karchev is next on my list but personally he looks like a big pile of poo poo as a model. If it is your thing, he looked like as a conversion project (how I plan on doing it).

Sadly I'm not convinced he will ever get a resculpt

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

Is it confirmed that PP going to release more of those new caster models? Or is everyone who missed out (like me) hosed?

They'll get released. Probably just a short month or 2 delay. They did this with the journeymen

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Ashcans posted:

I think the only truly truly limited miniature PP has done is teh NQ Eiryss. Am I wrong about that?

Gorman du seawolf?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

albany academy posted:

Khador goons: anyone tried conquest/victor in mk3? I keep trying to think of a good place for em but outside of psorscha I can't. Maybe pzerkova? Getting watcher punched by conquest is pretty funny, ignoring that it can't advance.

Conquest is fun as poo poo with Irusk2, as per usual.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

albany academy posted:

Yeah, but more fun that big b and a mortar?

No mortar but I defyingly think more than b-dog. Boosted crit devastation gun is a riot

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Friendly Fire posted:

I glue magnets to the bases and carry my army in a metal tool box. You can stick plastic infantry upside down on the underside of the lid and if you have magnetised multi Jack or Beast kits, the spare arms stick to the sides.

I bought a tool bag which the tool box fits into so I can carry all the dice and tokens and associated wargaming junk I need to play games.

I've always appreciated this sorry of a set up but I would be so worried about speed bumps etc knocking them around.

If anyone's ever looking into foam, grab some KR. Just fight your way through their shiity website first.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

fnordcircle posted:

I liked it better when I was an edgy outsider who didn't care about pleb poo poo like 'winning games' because I ran Khador.

Yeah I've been getting a lot of poo poo for posting khador mk3 from a few Cryx players

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 17, 2016

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

Malakov2 is actually really, really good.

Is he though?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Ashcans posted:

I just make the bases myself. The base arcs are done by flattening some greenstuff against the edge of the base and then using a mechanical pencil to poke the 'rivets' on it. The hardest part is trying to minimize how obvious the edge of the greenstuff is, and you can file it once its dry so its not bad. The cobbles are just sprues clipped into chunks. Because mercs can have pretty different looks I use the bases to help pull them together as a force.

Here is a link to my Warhmachine gallery, which has some other angles and stuff (and also an infinity guy, for some reason).

Are those bases tournament legal?I love them but I'm not sure if they would get a pass

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

Yeah, you need a ranking officer for the trick to work (so Valachev, Murdoch, Attendant Priest and the Dominator are the only current options). It is an odd bit of behavior, but it's been discussed since day 1 of MK3 and hasn't been eratta'd yet, so I don't think it's too scummy to play it this way.

I mean in the scheme of weird tricks, it's not really that game breaking off a thing either...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

Efaarit scouts seem crazy good. Why doesn't anybody run them..?

Wish I could take these fuckers in khador. Look great, model looks great

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

gannyGrabber posted:

Lol at buying 14 mad dogs

I've thought about it but gently caress that down payment.

Still want to run my janky Harkevitch list with ragers and maddogs

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Oh boy here we go

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

I have a bunch of legion I bought really enthusiastically and painted up before mk3 hot and now just not feeling them. Any Canada goods who would be interested in grabbing them? I'll try to hunt down some pictures but this is what I have (all painted):

-legion all in one box, magnetized multi kit ravagore.
-old style seraph/neraph (can't remember which)
-lylyth 1
-rhyas

Not sure what I would like for them frankly. Haven't really used them at all, but they're fully painted/sealed/based like motherfuckers. These are all the pics I can find of them at work, but would be happy to grab more if anyones interested.

Would also be interested in a trade if anyone has khador stuff they're looking to get rid off.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

chutche2 posted:

Do you think it'd be noticeable if I painted my manhunter variants bare midriff to look like an undershirt?

Never. Just go for it

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

albany academy posted:

So after learning that mad dogs can run 16" and trample 11" then reposition and maybe explode with Harkevich, I have decided to try to start cramming mad dogs into my Harkevich list.

Hence my desire to burn $500 on mad dogs for Harkevitch

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

albany academy posted:

source your quotes

Kayazy in an Irusk 2 cover bubble with no blast damage is pretty stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011