Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good morning July Chat Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

*busts into chat room to talk about games**

hey fellow dudes,, what are the good video games

What kind of good games do you like, Kewpuh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

is there a new bloodborne or portal 2 yet

There's portal for lego dimensions, but that's more of a lego game with portal set dressing and also you'd have to buy a bunch of poo poo to actually be able to play it

Darkest Dungeon reminds me of bloodborne aesthetically but I haven't played either so I don't know how close they actually are aesthetics-wise

I am sorry that I can't be of much more help than that, friend :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Here is a game that has Portal in the title, maybe you will like it Kewpuh

http://store.steampowered.com/app/374040

and here is some game about a bunny dude fighting a bunch of egyptian gods maybe

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441280

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

second one looks cool first one looks like rear end poo poo though literally butt poo poo. i hate sandbox and crafting games like minecraft or the other one with earth digging

Idk, I think it looks kinda cute and it looks like it has a lot more depth to it than stuff like minecraft, tho yeah if you don't like crafting games and sandbox games then you're not gonna like it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

it's on my list when the price drops in a couple years.

My man :hf:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Nah they've been getting English releases for over a decade now. I was bummed out by Awakening and cautious when they announced some weird Pokemon style multiple entry release for Fates but I ended up loving it and have been playing through every entry. It may end up being a GOTY for me

What's wrong with Awakening that you were bummed out by it?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
GO! NOW! IF YOU WANT IT!

AN OTHERWORLD AWAITS YOU!

DON'T! YOU! GIVE UP ON IT!

YOU BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

I didn't like the maps and playing on harder difficulties meant reinforcements got turns on the turn they appeared, so I would do like suicide runs once or twice just to learn all the spawn points. Also it was pretty easy to break the difficulty with how reclassing worked.

Ah. I never played awakening, haven't played any FE game outside of a lot of sacred stones so the only thing I've ever heard negatively about Awakening was that the models didn't have feet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Fakir Eustace

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

she's just mostly not even a bat

You're not even a wizard

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

oh yeah? then WHAT'S THIS BEHIND YOUR EAR???

My post

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_2MwkB0K-s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Congrats to Jojo for completing its transition to trash-tier normie poo poo

I hope nobody here actually uses stuff like "normie" unironically because if they do, that's lame as hell and is literally dumb little hipster poo poo if they're legit mad that the thing they like is liked by other people

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Agreed, but I wish he were in more poo poo as the actual for-real bad guy, and not the bad-guy-that-is-actually-good-and-has-a-heart-of-gold which seems to be as far as his roles go in the movie badguy spectrum

Didn't he play satan once

Or at least a demon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, Lucifer, in some movie called Winter's Tale.

Did they still try to spin him as being not that bad because that'd be kinda funny

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was looking at some of the Tin Man gamebooks I don't have

That's literally just a muscular dude with a shark head

That's pretty great

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I can't decide if I should marathon Zelda, Kirby, or Metal Gear this summer and I don't think that's a terrible problem to have.

IMO marathonning kirby would be the best since I feel like they are short enough and easy enough that you'll never spend too long on any lows, while zelda has a bunch of games of varying length with some really high highs but some really low lows and mgs has a bunch of games with some similar issues

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Kirby is always changing up its formula in some way I thought

My first kirby game was tilt n tumble tho and I hated that game and man, there are people that like that game and I'm just like "ughh" because for me the controls of that game were way too annoying combined with the lack of backlight so I couldn't really tell what I was doing anyway

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 2, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How is everybody doing tonight? It's nice that it is finally the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwyun2KUI8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad you are feeling some kind of relief at least with the stomach numbing stuff

If anybody picks up 20XX or Metagal please let me know how they are. They look good but 20XX is definitely way too expensive for me right now and Metagal is more affordable sure but I only have $7 in steam cards and I'd rather try to get the most out of it by sticking to games that are under $1

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/467850/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi games chat thread

I saw finding dory

it was fun

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My fiancee and I got to play some skylanders trap team co-op finally. That was a lot of fun! Like, waaaay more fun than it had any right to be. The game is neat and I'm glad we have it now :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One of my favorite moments in the original xcom game was when I sent my b-team of rookies to their first mission (which ended up being a terror mission) because my a-team still had people healing up. I figured it'd be a suicide mission if anything but who knows. I get there, it's a night time chryssalid mission and things were bad. A bunch of the 'lids were hiding out in warehouses and stuff, just waiting. Plenty of times my characters would turn around and find themselves face-to-face with a chryssalid. Half my team was killed in the first few turns. There was 1 soldier that kept successfully murdering the lids that were too close for comfort though, the ones who on the next turn would have without-a-doubt murdered more of my soldiers. My friend called this guy Logan.

I managed to regroup my remaining rookies into a firing squad after successfully taking out the chryssalids near the landing site. All I had to do was remain in firing squad formation and anybody that showed up would get shot. That seemed like a great idea, and for several turns, it was. Until they broke through.

Chryssalids have a pretty big movement range.

So one snuck up on one of the soldiers from the far left of my firing squad and killed them, turning them into a zombie. One of my other soldiers in the line, seeing this, decided to try to shoot the zombie to death via reaction fire. Said soldier was on the other end of the line and was attempting to fire through the line to do so. They shot Logan and Logan was hit about 3 or so times.

Logan was fine. Unfortunately, the zombie and some chryssalids managed to kill some more of my firing squad as they scattered around trying to avoid them. I was left with maybe 3 or 4 soldiers, but Logan remained the most competent in spite of the fact that he was heavily outnumbered due to the sudden resurgence in zombies as well as bleeding out from the friendly fire.

My non-Logan soldiers kept missing their shots while I tried to keep Logan safely out of their line of fire, but they kept missing. I had to send in Logan to take out the enemies because he was the only one hitting anybody. Logan managed to successfully kill the final couple of chryssalids and the mission was over. he spent several months healing up and he was the only survivor to get moved to my A-Team, just before they got sent to Mars for the final attack.

He perished in the attack on Mars. I'm not sure what killed him, it was either one of the sectopods or whatever the big mech things with guns are called or who knows, but drat if he didn't leave a good impression. :911:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love that they were like "hey the snakemen were cool let's bring them back" so they went from

to

Just kinda silly but funny imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish there had been a followup to xcom terror from the deep that developed on that game's complete nonending

Something like going full jules verne with it or something. Aliens from the center of the earth. Mutants in the sewers, hollow earth theory, catacombs, drill tanks, molemen, earthquakes, crystal caverns, sandworms, crocodiles, lizardmen, subways, meat trains, agartha, abandon all hope ye who enter here, ice demons and poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

There should be an alien that has a huge rack.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Hmmm. A walking blender. Maybe they HAVE abandoned infiltration attempts........

Not just any walking blender, but a godzilla-sized walking blender with mouth tits

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

Battleborn's art design is loving hideous, its like something even dreamworks would be ashamed of. The characters look like trash, like baby's first 3D model or a cartoon that was abandoned before they finished the pilot episode.
Even worse, the characters never shut up, and I hate every loving line spoken. Take the most horrible mascot character you can think of, and then make that ALL of the characters. I muted the game in less than an hour.

Gameplay is pretty dull too, even when you do have teammates. I played the beta and was bored almost immediately. Battleborn is just trash all around. Gearbox needs new management, they really made a mistake thinking Battleborn would be good.

What kind of annoying lines do they have?

I know that brothers in arms furious four game that got scrapped they took some of the leftovers from that and moved it to battleborne so uhh so much for that haha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB & I were playing skylanders trap team and whoops I accidentally made one of the characters go into t-pose

t-pose is funny

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Or where Sigint shares his nightmare.

Well poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody how is everybody's 2:23 AM EST Monday the 4th of July going

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Pondering how we've never had a really had a good werewolf video game.

If you mean the werewolf system then yeah, RIP that game

If you mean werewolves in general tho, darkstalkers, twilight princess, I think one of the legacy of kain games let you turn into a wolf, Shining Force kinda (the wolfman there is one of the best party members imo but he is always just a wolfman, never changing from wolf to human or anything like that), and there is a fun little box pushing puzzle game called MacGuffin's Curse

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm just hanging out til i feel like sleeping

Same. just woke up about an hour ago or so. Idling cards. Still some stuff I wanna buy during the steam sale but eh doubt I'm gonna have enough card bucks by then to buy them so I'm sure they'll be cheaper next time.

I've been having weird issues with this computer where for some reason google takes a long fuckin time to load up, and it's just google, and sometimes it doesn't even load at all. My fiancee's laptop opens google up completely fine so idk what's going on with this computer. Even fuckin Edge on this computer brings google up fine, so it has to be something wrong with Chrome but idk what.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked killing the werewolf in V:TM cause it was pretty satisfying after how tough it was to just try and survive

I liked how the werewolves in that game were just these things so powerful that even vampires were like "we don't gently caress with these"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like at this point their comic is kept around as a formality

I haven't read the comic in years and years and years and the only time I even hear about Mike and Gabe lately are when they say something really stupid. The art definitely has gotten worse tho, I'm not sure exactly how to describe it other than he tried to improve on his art too much but ended up just exaggerating the parts that weren't good and minimizing the parts of the art that were good

Really I just wish there was more of Kris and Scott's Scott and Kris show. That and Checkpoint! were good, and Checkpoint! is still going on Loading Ready Run's youtube channel but idk if Kris and Scott are still doing poo poo together or not

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIeVtPeco

e: their blamimations show was fun too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNqLRGa8EIs

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 4, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not a fan of how the dangan ronpa and its copiers look and stuff but I hope that whatever that game is will be good enough for the people who do enjoy that style of game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I bet it is a fun game but I don't want to drop 60 or 50 dollars on a video game anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Miyamoto is cool and has made some of the best games ever but he also made Wii Music so even he can be wrong sometimes.

I thought wii music was supposedly good and fun but also probably not worth full price

• Locked thread