Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Once you understand brisket, you can pretty much make a great one from any heat source. Usually my BBQ is done with an electric smoker, outside when it's -35. BGE's are nice, but a charcoal grill and an oven can be just as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hatebag posted:

Do you inject a salty brine?

Depends on what the other dishes are. If it's going to compete with pulled pork or ribs then yes. If it's going to be with mashed potatoes and corn and other more bland things then I stay to the more plain side. Same goes for the rub. But then again I do meals, not competition brisket.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Germstore posted:

loving casual

Let's see your setup.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I find that foil wrapping can be unpredictable where as if your brisket is around 12 - 15lbs, it's going to take 14 hrs on the smoker almost always, and the bark will turn out better.

With foil I've had it come out way too early too many times.

• Locked thread