Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
This is the first quarter-final.

Everyone hates at least one of these teams (mostly Portugal), some of those who are not Polish or Portuguese (which is most people, last time I checked) hate them both.

Hopefully, the good doctor can keep the fuckers in check, point some fingers, and maybe send some of them (either people or fingers are fine) off for the purposes of our entertainment, as this is likely to be a bad game of football between two bad teams, so here's the closest thing I managed to find to bad pictures of Brych (why is the dude so photogenic):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm excited for football, however fraudulent

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Can't wait to see the Ronald haters crying and shaking in anger today

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
lets all collectively ban the word fraud

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mean Bean Machine posted:

lets all collectively ban the word fraud

It's getting pretty bad isn't it.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

but VAT and income tax fraud are very popular around these parts

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

mackintosh posted:

but VAT and income tax fraud are very popular around these parts

I know I committed it fairly loving frequently.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

There's electricity in the air over Warsaw today, though that might be the storm that's about to brake the sweltering heat and finally condense all the moisture into a cathartic shower. Whether it's going to be a sweet release or one filled with regret, I don't feel most people here care either way. We did it, our team has broken through the group stage and even to the point where the "real" euro begins. Happy, excited people surround me, red and white scarves awhirl - is this what having a decent football team feels like? I am too young to remember even the broken hopes after 1992 olympics.
Unless we hopelessly bottle this match, it's going to be a good night.

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 30, 2016

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Loving that Moutinho no longer playing is being attributed to his "physical condition" and not for being a complete waste of space.

Also Renato Sanchez is starting today. We got this poo poo.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Pierogi posted:

There's electricity in the air over Warsaw today, though that might be the storm that's about to brake the sweltering heat and finally condense all the moisture into a cathartic shower. Whether it's going to be a sweet release or one filled with regret, I don't feel most people here care either way. We did it, our team has broken through the group stage and even to the point where the "real" euro begins. Happy, excited people surround me, red and white scarves awhirl - is this what having a decent football team feels like? I am too young to remember even the broken hopes after 1992 olympics.
Unless we hopelessly bottle this match, it's going to be a good night.

Ur gonna get f*cked bro

Gigi Galli posted:

It is

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Ronald is v good

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm rooting for cool and good Bayern players Robert Lewandowski and Renato Sanches

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
potato

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

wales - belgium is tomorrow lads, change your title

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Ur gonna get f*cked bro
Is that a promise?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im rooting for cristiano "whiny baby stuck in the body of a grown man" ronaldo and the portu-gals

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Pierogi posted:

Is that a promise?

You can take it to the f*cking bank

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
quote this post when Portugal easily win 3-0 *

*with all respect to the proper poles who maintained catholicism in barbarian protestant lands.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

advanced statsman posted:

Ronald is v good

40 direct free kicks and zero goals as a result so far, v good indeed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

belgend posted:

wales - belgium is tomorrow lads, change your title

gently caress off idiot

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I visited Poland a few years ago and it was a pretty miserable experience so today I'll be rooting for Portugal, a great spot for tourists from all over the world. There you can get fresh and tender, juicy meat you can really sink your teeth in, and you know it's all clean and proper so you can safely stick your tongue and everything else in it and not have to worry about anything. Even better is when it's been caught by surprise and you can still taste the fear in it when you go hog-wild over it, you're the hunter and you just caught your prey so go ahead and revel in it. Just make sure you clean up after yourself and you should be fine. Oh and the food is good too

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
hmm not sure if i'll tune into this. Genie Bouchard is playing center court at wimbledon in a tiny white dress and it has my full attention

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
football

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I wanna see some goals and Ronaldo cry

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

soccer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
My internet a d TV appear to not be working ffs

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Why's Ronnie staring off to the side

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I will be rooting for Dortmund stars Jakub Błaszczykowski, Łukasz Piszczek and Robert Lewandowski.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Portuguese national anthem is proper 'fruity' if you catch my meaning

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

I visited Poland a few years ago and it was a pretty miserable experience so today I'll be rooting for Portugal, a great spot for tourists from all over the world. There you can get fresh and tender, juicy meat you can really sink your teeth in, and you know it's all clean and proper so you can safely stick your tongue and everything else in it and not have to worry about anything. Even better is when it's been caught by surprise and you can still taste the fear in it when you go hog-wild over it, you're the hunter and you just caught your prey so go ahead and revel in it. Just make sure you clean up after yourself and you should be fine. Oh and the food is good too

and the food's not bad ei....damnit

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

i'm the flare going off in the poland stands

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Portuguese national anthem is proper 'fruity' if you catch my meaning
Good music for an old-timey silent comedy

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pand posted:

i'm the flare going off in the poland stands

I hope you burn their flag :twisted;

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Theres a drunk polish man singing along to the national song in my bar. He also whistled very loudly.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

this game's looking pretty *pulls on ear* haha cheeky reference for all my portuguese bros on these forums; portugal, the location of my fav trip ever

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
this Renato Sanches fella looks like whoopi goldberg

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Did they just clap through the moment of silence so that people couldn't boo dead turks?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
some weeks ago a bunch of Polish brutes beat up some Portuguese kids because they looked like arabs according to the Poles, no wonder the Brits kicked them out!

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Why are they applauding a terrorist attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I know it's to prevent the sound of dissent, but clapping a tragedy like a bombing is a bit weird

• Locked thread