Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
Finally found the e-z solution to my weight loss goals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP_uiiRAZqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

Deeters posted:

I decided to clean out the inside of my computer and now somehow my GPU is hitting 100 degrees C whenever I run a game. I've reapplied thermal paste to it twice, which did not help, so now I'm at a loss.

This might be a stupid question but how well did you clean off the old paste before reapplying?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Deeters posted:

I decided to clean out the inside of my computer and now somehow my GPU is hitting 100 degrees C whenever I run a game. I've reapplied thermal paste to it twice, which did not help, so now I'm at a loss.

GPU fan working?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well

Apprantly the wife has been having an affair and wants a divorce

Awesome

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Deeters posted:

If the fan still works, I personally would factor 'its hosed anyway' into my new GPU clock speed setting and see if I can make the bitch glow.

After verifying the thermocouple hasn't failed by watching the temp with another measuring device and making sure the heatsink is on level and straight (hey sometimes they put weird/lovely/easily mismounted brackets/clips on these things)

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome
loving hell dude :(

Since she had the affair you probably can lawyer up pretty hard against her. YMMV by state standards.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

Wow. I'm sorry dude :(

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tide posted:

poo poo.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

poo poo dude, that's a nasty thing; hang in there... I got cheated on in a long term and it really sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Time for more drunk posts?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

Time for more drunk posts!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CharlesM posted:

Time for more drunk posts?

Don't do this.
Also get a good lawyer and wreck poo poo that way.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

Sorry man, that just sucks.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

Dude, what the actual crap? No words man. I hope you have a good friend that you can lean on emotionally.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

poo poo sucks man. Get a good lawyer. Spend some time with good friends and family.

Edit: Or get drunk and talk str into visiting. Just saying.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

"Get the gently caress out of the house and my lawyers are coming to ream you"

Seriously, that's pathetic on her half.

And oh hey Australia Maximum Chaos election continues, hung parliment incoming!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

:sever:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

poo poo, man. I'm sorry to hear that.

You should probably get tested. :smith:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
In all serious I don't recommend alcohol. For me it would just make my bad feelings worse.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

June Chat Thread -- gently caress that's hot/cold.

Sorry, Tide, that's some lovely poo poo. I was kinda looking forward to another drunk post from a handsome guy, but that is not what I wanted to see at all. :(

nm posted:

Don't do this.
Also get a good lawyer and wreck poo poo that way.

More good advice from nm.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

awesome for all the other ladies around, dont forget to put a selection of your finest drunkposts in your ok cupid profile

goondolences

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Ansith posted:

This might be a stupid question but how well did you clean off the old paste before reapplying?

Soaked with 91% Isopropyl alcohol, then wiped off with a microfiber rag until it had a mirror shine.

some texas redneck posted:

GPU fan working?

It was spinning faster than I've ever heard it spin before.

Tommychu posted:

After verifying the thermocouple hasn't failed by watching the temp with another measuring device and making sure the heatsink is on level and straight (hey sometimes they put weird/lovely/easily mismounted brackets/clips on these things)

I was thinking it was lined up wrong somehow, but it has about 12 screws holding it together.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Motherfuck. I'm literally the only person left with a flexible schedule. Guess whos working a covering closing shift tonight?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tide my heart goes out to you. One of my best friends is going through the same thing. Do you have kids?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

awesome for all the other ladies around, dont forget to put a selection of your finest drunkposts in your ok cupid profile

Don't do this until the divorce is actually completed. You need to be the perfect, sad, loyal husband throughout the process.

Also I recommend against alcohol because it's too easy to call/text/email her with something you regret.

Who was our recently divorced goon? He had a lot of trouble but did everything right and finally seemed to be happy again after proceedings were done. You should PM him.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

some texas redneck posted:

Forgive me AI, for I have sinned.

I used a chili kit.

I don't have much in the way of seasonings or spices yet, and I was craving chili. This was the easy mode.

It's decent. Not fantastic, but it's not bad. Needs a bit more fire, and a bit less salt.

For a kit, the Carroll Shelby one isn't bad. It at least includes a packet of actual red pepper to adjust the heat with.

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome

Ouch, man. Sorry.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Tide posted:

Well

Awesome
Sorry to hear that man :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

To be fair I'm pretty sure your team is the Rays and they've been pretty god awful lately.

Yeah it's the Rays and they are struggling, but the post was about their camp for kids, plenty of other posts they could have commented on about how lovely the Rays are.

Enourmo posted:

Yeah but like, maybe do your poo poo talking amongst like-minded adults, and not in a place that small children who are fans of the team regardless will be going to look at pictures of themselves? idk maybe that's just me,

Pretty much, he's old enough to read and immediately saw the negative comments about the team he loves right next to his picture.

[edit] Jesus Tide, sorry about the bad news. hang in there buddy.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 3, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Yeah it's the Rays and they are struggling, but the post was about their camp for kids, plenty of other posts they could have commented on about how lovely the Rays are.

Pretty much, he's old enough to read and immediately saw the negative comments about the team he loves right next to his picture.

[edit] Jesus Tide, sorry about the bad news. hang in there buddy.

Sorry that happened to you kid man. Facebook is loving terrible.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Pham Nuwen posted:

Don't do this until the divorce is actually completed. You need to be the perfect, sad, loyal husband throughout the process.

Also I recommend against alcohol because it's too easy to call/text/email her with something you regret.
All good advice. Keep your head up Tide.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
This is a pretty good joke

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

Not to dive down the political wormhole or anything, but I've been seeing some really brazen poo poo in comment sections lately. I'm in a bit of a funk; however, it's been nothing but the worst in humanity.

There was an article on Lanesplitter or something about a dude on a motorcycle who was on the receiving end of a bad driver, and while he was mildly aggressive and rightfully pissed off, he found a cop in a parking lot a block down the road, justice served, etc.

The comments?

quote:

King Mo2 days ago
snitch rear end pussy

quote:

Facoceru Facocerul2 days ago
i see where ur coming from with that...but i find it a bit of a dick move to make the cops go after her...

quote:

Luke Dovey2 days ago
All i got from this is that you're a bit of a dick. I hope to see the video when you get smeared across the asphalt.

quote:

Katie King2 days ago
I understand your initial frustration. People are stupid; But staying next to her putting yourself even further into harms way seems silly. On top of that you went out of your way to get the police involved. You could of very easily sped up a bit to get in front or slow down and go behind. If I argued and instigated a confrontation everytime some idiot disnt see me or cut me off I would never ve able to get anywhere. I'd be stopping every few minutes to call the police or fight with someone. This lady was clearly in the wrong but I think your pride and what appears to be a little bit of entitlement turned this into something more. The best thing for both parties would if been to leave it alone. Then again you posted a video that got a bunch of views so... Maybe Im wrong.

The ones on Lanesplitter weren't that much better with a bunch of loving moral policemen going "WELL TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT AND BOTH OF YOU TECHNICALLY DID A BAD THING; THEREFORE,".

Never mind that the news this weekend about Donald Trump is that he shared a thing that was created on /pol/ with "MOST CORRUPT CANDIDATE EVER" text in a Star of David shape, which was later changed to a circle, but the fuckin' comments on the news articles about this are some 11th dimensional chess:

People will go out of their way to be genuinely awful when given the chance. Words have no meaning, etc.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Kaptain Ballistik bought something with an LS1 in it. Now just to really gently caress with everyone, it's also AWD AND an wagon.

What is it? :D

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Today I found one of the few who bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT while getting into my Challenger who of course asked if it was a Hellcat which it isn't but ok everyone asks that but then claims that his Jeep is doing low 12 passes stock and that my car is slow as it is not an SRT. Of course it was pointed out that as a Scat Pack it has the SRT 392 and that while the Challenger is a big old beast it is still going to be lighter than a full size SUV but you see I was wrong because the 4WD system makes the difference. Voted 5 would visit New Hampshire again :gary:

In before "you should have gotten a hellcat you cheap bastard".

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, I mean, your car IS heavier than an f150 :v:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

iwentdoodie posted:

Well, I mean, your car IS heavier than an f150 :v:

It's just big boned :colbert:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

And you didn't ask him to prove it by challenging him to a race. A shameful encounter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's the current favorite headlight restoration kit?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ansith posted:

Yep, ZG. It got a bit bent at the back too but a few of us are pitching in to help him get it back on the road. A couple of days after this his brother died, pretty lovely week for him.

That's the one in my XC at the moment. There was a sale on the ignition leads at Repco so that was a win
The poor bloke, I hope you are able to get the old tank back on the road.

I had forgotten you are the goon with the XC. How's it going, other than the plug leads?

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

i have an issue with the greens because they are idiots about guns
Huh? What issue? Every major party has the same view on gun ownership in Australia. Only the fringe like Liberal Democrats and One Nation confuses Australia with America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ExplodingSims posted:

And you didn't ask him to prove it by challenging him to a race. A shameful encounter.

Yep, it's the season for cheap test-n-tune nights at the strip, so there is a solution to your problem!

Deeters posted:

Soaked with 91% Isopropyl alcohol, then wiped off with a microfiber rag until it had a mirror shine.

It was spinning faster than I've ever heard it spin before.

I was thinking it was lined up wrong somehow, but it has about 12 screws holding it together.

I assume you have made sure that there's no crud jammed up inside the heatsink? The squirrel cage design seems particularly susceptible to plugging up in ways not immediately obvious until you take the heatsink all the way apart (instead of just off).

• Locked thread