Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Violator posted:

Edit: What really set it off for me last night was the revelation that Bill is an evil mastermind for making small talk at an airport, and it was actually a plan years in the making to disrupt the justice system so that Hillary could steal the election and then remove everyone from power who could threaten her rule.

I'm fine with the Holy United Imperial Americlintonian Demopublic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Boon posted:

^^^
Oh come the gently caress on. It's like you have a google alert for the term "Bernie Bros" and every iteration therein and then feel the need to rush to the thread to be contrarian.

Stop trying to suppress the youth vote man!

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Taerkar posted:

Stop trying to suppress the youth vote man!

How can you suppress the youth vote? They do that themselves.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

zoux posted:

New thread? Time for your anti-Arzy booster.

Also this

From http://election.princeton.edu/house-polling-margin/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Trump's burning down the GOP but the election is much too far away to consider flipping the House as more than a fevered dream. Is it more likely than Clinton getting charged with anything for the email server? Sure, but "it's July but the House might flip Dem!" is like some alt-Arzy levels of crazy.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Fine with it then, fine with it now.

Woof. Is the dumpster fire actually putting the house into play?

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

This has been making rounds on my facebook feed.

IANAL, but all this law seems to address is mishandling records that the US Government already possesses. Since the entire "point" of the controversy is that the emails in question were never "filed or deposited" with the US Government, it's pretty bizarre to treat this as a smoking gun.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Evil Fluffy posted:

Trump's burning down the GOP but the election is much too far away to consider flipping the House as more than a fevered dream. Is it more likely than Clinton getting charged with anything for the email server? Sure, but "it's July but the House might flip Dem!" is like some alt-Arzy levels of crazy.

As long as the massive gerrymandering remains intact and voters easily swayed to mindlessly trust "their" congressmen, yeah. The possibility of Trump taking office has horrified some into waking up, but let's not pretend that its anywhere near enough to make the usual GOP congress voters pay attention.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/report_fbi_ordered_journalists_not_to_record_clintonlynch_meeting.html

quote:

“The former president steps into her plane. They then speak for 30 minutes privately. The FBI there on the tarmac instructing everybody around ‘no photos, no pictures, no cell phones.'”

What did they mean by this?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Really enjoyed that Mother Jones prison article, so much so that I looked up its author.

I didn't realize he was one of the Iranian hikers who was held for two years. I wonder if mentioning that would have got him some cred? Also, I would have been interested in hearing how things in Alabama compared to Iran.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Mentioning that probably would've blown his cover pretty much immediately.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

It means you're looking for a conspiracy that doesn't exist.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
poo poo is apparently getting real in Bangladesh - sounds like ISIS doing a Paris-style restaurant hostages style attack.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So we just gonna ignore Ted Cruz using the senate to openly accuse sitting members of congress as being terrorist sympathizers just because they're Muslim?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/congress-muslim-brotherhood_us_5772b615e4b0352fed3e0372

e: I might be late on this actually

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Mentioning that probably would've blown his cover pretty much immediately.

Well, I was being facetious. Just surprised there was no mention of it in the article, he writes like he's never been in prison before.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A complete list of things meant by this:

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Raerlynn posted:

It means you're looking for a conspiracy that doesn't exist.

Hillary Clinton is under federal investigation by the FBI.

Her husband meets with the woman who will decide whether or not to pursue charges for 30 minutes, and he does so secretly on a parked plane with 0 press coverage. Lynch then says all they talked about was grandkids and golf.

These are indisputable facts. If you fail to take these facts and form the opinion "this stinks a little bit", I have to question your sanity.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

pathetic little tramp posted:

poo poo is apparently getting real in Bangladesh - sounds like ISIS doing a Paris-style restaurant hostages style attack.

Islamists have been pretty furious there for a while. After a string of assassinations of prominent secularist/atheist bloggers and writers and some gay rights advocates, the government finally cracked down and nabbed some ringleaders. I imagine this is that group getting "back" at the government for doing so.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Narciss posted:

Her husband meets with the woman who will decide whether or not to pursue charges for 30 minutes, and he does so secretly on a parked plane with 0 press coverage. Lynch then says all they talked about was grandkids and golf.

These are indisputable facts. If you fail to take these facts and form the opinion "this stinks a little bit", I have to question your sanity.

It's also really suspicious that afterwards she said she'd follow the recommendations of the FBI, which is out of her hands. This is definitely a huge conspiracy.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Narciss posted:

"It stinks" because you are. Looking for. A conspiracy. That does not. Exist. Your post history indicates you already have an answer; you're posting the question because you're trying to concern troll. gently caress. Off.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Narciss posted:

The optics are horrid. This is a prime example of the Democratic tendency to do everything in their power to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Talmonis posted:

The optics are horrid. This is a prime example of the Democratic tendency to do everything in their power to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

"Optics are horrid"...? For who? Who could possibly care about this? They could be talking on the phone for two hours every day and nobody would know. They talk for thirty minutes in person, and it's a big deal?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lemming posted:

"Optics are horrid"...? For who? Who could possibly care about this? They could be talking on the phone for two hours every day and nobody would know. They talk for thirty minutes in person, and it's a big deal?

Exchanging long protein strands confuses voters.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Goatman Sacks posted:

So we just gonna ignore Ted Cruz using the senate to openly accuse sitting members of congress as being terrorist sympathizers just because they're Muslim?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/congress-muslim-brotherhood_us_5772b615e4b0352fed3e0372

e: I might be late on this actually

He keeps trying to raise the bar for being human scum, doesn't he?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Boon posted:

^^^
Oh come the gently caress on. It's like you have a google alert for the term "Bernie Bros" and every iteration therein and then feel the need to rush to the thread to be contrarian.

If you want to see the effect it has on stupid people, check out the Daily Show segment last night of Jessica Williams last piece where she interviews Bernie supporters who are voting Trump. It's.... wow.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lASt7GYdYx0

Thanks for posting but none of this changes reddit being bad

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Hillary was never going to be indicted and politicians using their political capital to protect themselves is pretty standard.

It's like how no one is going to arrest anyone in the Oakland Police Department for repeatedly raping a child. Whose going to arrest them? Anyone who tried would have to arrest themselves in turn, since the whole department is in on it.

Corruption never changes.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Narciss posted:

Just so you know this is :freep: level poo poo.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Lemming posted:

It's a objective fact that the optics are terrible. Why is it so hard to admit that?

Forget Bill or Hillary or Lynch or any specific person and look at it as it is being seen -- a meeting took place, which was purposefully tried to be kept secret, between the AG and the husband of the person who is the subject of a investigation.

There is no political theory in which that doesn't equate to bad optics.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Wikkheiser posted:

This should be the national anthem.

Do this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiVjlknuSw

Or maybe we could have a national symbol that doesn't feature God for once?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

It's a objective fact that the optics are terrible. Why is it so hard to admit that?

Forget Bill or Hillary or Lynch or any specific person and look at it as it is being seen -- a meeting took place, which was purposefully tried to be kept secret, between the AG and the husband of the person who is the subject of a investigation.

The camera on my phone is all blurry now cause Hillary and Lynch did a thing.

Thanks OBAMA

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

This is a true statement. It was a bad idea, regardless of intention, as it gives the media something to scream about and pretend there's a horse race.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Battle Hymn of the Republic is good but everyone knows that America the Beautiful is objectively the best National Anthem

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The pol cartoon in the OP is wrong.

Christie isn't fat enough.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

there wolf posted:

Or maybe we could have a national symbol that doesn't feature God for once?

Sorry that historically signifigant songs, sung by the literal saviors of the Republic offend you by mentioning God in them. I assure you, it wasn't the "God" reference, that has many of us revere that song and it's implications.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Obviously Lynch has never met a Clinton ever and is going to be hugely influenced by 30 minutes with Bill

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Boon posted:

^^^

If you want to see the effect it has on stupid people, check out the Daily Show segment last night of Jessica Williams last piece where she interviews Bernie supporters who are voting Trump. It's.... wow.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lASt7GYdYx0

Big Bernie supporter here that plans to skip merrily into the voting booth and cast my vote for Hillary come November while humming a jaunty tune. I seriously don't understand how someone can say they stand for Sanders and go Trump.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The optics are bad. Sure. Horrible optics is something like Trump saying all Mexicans are rapists broadcast on TV where people are going to talk about it for years.

This is something people are going to whine about for about thirty more minutes and then nobody will know it ever happened, except for a few screeds on news article comments. It's bad but it just don't matter and nobody will know or care a week from now. It's just not a big deal.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
^^^^^ You don't have to misdirect by mentioning Trump or excusing it away as no big deal, that's not the argument being made ^^^^^

Talmonis posted:

This is a true statement. It was a bad idea, regardless of intention, as it gives the media something to scream about and pretend there's a horse race.

Lynch had to speak about it at the Aspen Summit this morning and publicly affirm that she would abide by the recommendations by the FBI -- even she knows she had to get out in front of it because it looked bad.

Clinton's aids had to be asking what Bill was thinking after that meeting. It was a silly move.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Lemming posted:

The optics are bad. Sure. Horrible optics is something like Trump saying all Mexicans are rapists broadcast on TV where people are going to talk about it for years.

This is something people are going to whine about for about thirty more minutes and then nobody will know it ever happened, except for a few screeds on news article comments. It's bad but it just don't matter and nobody will know or care a week from now. It's just not a big deal.

The problem you're forgetting is that Democrats, especially and in this case specifically Hillary Clinton, are held to a much higher standard by the media. Trump saying something terrible, that should have already had him removed from the race, is just another Friday at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Talmonis posted:

I guess for me it's difficult picturing someone ordering armed guards to tell people "No phones! No recording! They're talking about GRANDKIDS in there, stand back!" unless there was something more going on. But then, this has to be the sloppiest way to "keep something secret" I can think of, because even though the meeting itself wasn't recorded, it wasn't exactly a secret meeting either. Because now there's a lot of questions about it since such a big deal was made. It's just sloppy if nothing else, and I admit it looks shady on top of that.

• Locked thread