Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politics/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-email-server.html?_r=0

quote:

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch plans to announce on Friday that she will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, a Justice Department official said. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case.

This is big, right?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Lynch could use that to show that no one influences her.

But didn't she recuse herself because of the uproar over her private meeting with Bill? Isn't that showing that no one influences her?

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, how can she recuse herself? She's the AG. Who would take her place? The Solicitor General?

A special prosecutor.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

the moose posted:

VP Chris Christie. Im sure hes itching to prosecute all kinds of people when Trump wins.

At this point my main concern is that the FBI holds off until after the nomination. My dream scenario is an indictment recc coming down well into the general, when it's far too late for the Dems to put an alternative candidate in.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Well that's disappointing. Just another "Of course I'll be impartial :^)".

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/report_fbi_ordered_journalists_not_to_record_clintonlynch_meeting.html

quote:

“The former president steps into her plane. They then speak for 30 minutes privately. The FBI there on the tarmac instructing everybody around ‘no photos, no pictures, no cell phones.'”

What did they mean by this?

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Raerlynn posted:

It means you're looking for a conspiracy that doesn't exist.

Hillary Clinton is under federal investigation by the FBI.

Her husband meets with the woman who will decide whether or not to pursue charges for 30 minutes, and he does so secretly on a parked plane with 0 press coverage. Lynch then says all they talked about was grandkids and golf.

These are indisputable facts. If you fail to take these facts and form the opinion "this stinks a little bit", I have to question your sanity.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Jarmak posted:

People realize that prosecutors in charge of making charging decisions in big cases frequently meet with the person they're considering charging and/or their lawyer right? Like "tell me why I shouldn't charge you for this"

Did Bill have his lawyer with him? I haven't heard anything about that. I'd be more understanding if that were the case; right now it sounds more like "Hey Lynch, is there anything the Clinton Foundation can do for you?"

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Sorus posted:

Man bumps into woman he knows that also moves in the same professional circles and has overlapping acquaintances, and have a chat.

Hahaha he got into her parked plane with no press allowed as soon as she landed, he didn't see her at Starbucks.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Lemming posted:

It looks bad the same way that having a hair on your shirt looks bad. It doesn't matter and nobody cares.

Why would Lynch bother apologizing and say "it'll never happen again" if the only people that care are right-wing nuts? Wouldn't it be better to let normal voters get annoyed by their crying wolf?

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-interview-hillary-clinton-coming-days-email-scandal/story?id=40291561

quote:

Hillary Clinton could be interviewed by the FBI in the coming days as part of an investigation into the former secretary of state and her staff's use of private email to conduct official U.S. State Department business, according to a source familiar with the U.S. Department of Justice's investigation.

The Justice Department's goal is to complete the investigation and make recommendations on whether charges should be filed before the two major party conventions take place toward the latter half of July, the source said.

Well then.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-voluntary-interview-fbi-emails-campaign/story?id=40301595

quote:

Hillary Clinton gave a "voluntary interview" to the FBI today regarding her email arrangements while she was secretary of state, her campaign says.

Finally we can put all this emailghazigate stuff behind us and get back to divining antisemitism from basic shapes in tweets. Why did it take so long for the FBI to interview Mrs. Clinton? She would have been happy to do it anytime.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

RuanGacho posted:

Hows that Toxx coming.

What toxx?

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Bernie Sanders Was Right

We don't give a drat about her emails.

Look, you've got a presidential frontrunner being interviewed by the FBI. This is news, Trump tweeting a picture containing a Star of David-like shape isn't.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

I can't view that subforum, but I've never posted in a toxx thread.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Trabisnikof posted:

If you're going to troll with emailghazi poo poo, I would suggest not posting poo poo we've known was happening for months.

She was interviewed this morning by the FBI for a few hours. That is serious, big news. I really cannot understand how you can go "meh, not news" to that.

vorebane posted:

Frankly it's old hat. There have been nine investigations into benghazi.

Let the racist orange man have his moment in the sun.

Was there a FBI-led Benghazi investigation? Oh wait, no, it was a witchhunt by a GOP committee. These are very different matters.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

RuanGacho posted:

Toxx that Hillary will be brought up on criminal charges right here and now. Failure to do so is a lack of ideological purity. No one is really interested in a Clinton scandal sniffing dog that never stops barking.

Like I already said, I can't view that subforum.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Trabisnikof posted:

Because for literally months we have known the interview was coming and that interviewing Clinton was going to be one of the last steps in the investigation?

If we knew what was said, now that'd be news.

I'm trying to figure out how "we knew an FBI interview was coming" immediately leads you to "the investigation is nothing." You always interview the primary target of a criminal investigation last, and often just before charges are brought.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Yes, quite literally any day now. If we reach the DNC convention and no charges are brought, I'd be very skeptical of any ever coming. I'm inclined to accept whatever recommendation the FBI gives to lynch wrt indictment. On the other hand, if we get a bunch of agents (and Comey) going public saying they were interfered with, that changes things.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Trabisnikof posted:

What if it is just one or two agents who will only be interviewed on deep background by Fox News for "fear of retaliation," who will you believe then?

Not those 2 "agents". You seem to be trying to catch me in some sort of Gotcha moment, but I'm being entirely sincere. The DOJ could potentially play politics, but I trust Comey & the FBI to do a fair and thorough investigation. If they fail to recommend indictment, I will accept that there isn't enough evidence to bring charges against her.

RuanGacho posted:

I'm waiting keyboard cat.

What?

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Kobayashi posted:

So basically you're saying you'll never give up the email thing? Not through the election, not through Hillary's first and second terms, not after she leaves office?

What do you mean "give it up"? I'm not a law enforcement official, and I don't go around ranting about it in daily life. I posted a single article from a mainstream news site about a presidential frontrunner being interviewed by the FBI, and I did so in a thread ostensibly about US politics.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

DemeaninDemon posted:

It's time to put up or shut up.

It's :toxx: if you're curious.

I've read Art of the Deal. I know not to position myself in a Lose/Don't Win situation; Toxxes are for suckers.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Phone posted:

The """news""" is about the FBI doing their job. If Timmy's job is to cut deli meat for Hillary Clinton, it still isn't news or newsworthy because at the end of the day, he's still doing his job.

So a hired assassin shooting Trump wouldn't be news because it's his job? What are you even trying to say?

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/750313316799700992

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

And there's the announcement that there won't be an indictment.

Could be that, could be the opposite, could be him resigning with the reason being political interference with his job. We'll see in an hour and a half.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

A meteor could also strike between now and then! We'll have to wait see which of these incredibly unlikely things happens, next on Fox News!

I am not sure why you're so insistent on keeping on this gimmick, and this is the last reply I plan on giving you on the matter but it just makes you look tedious and dumb.

A year-long criminal investigation is being concluded, and the FBI is presumably commenting on said investigation. Why is "maybe this will result in some charges levied at the primary target" such a ridiculous idea?

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

thecluckmeme posted:

What horse poo poo are you going to peddle after the non-indictment? Radio silence until the 9th Benghazi investigation to nowhere? Or doubling down on the inevitable "independent investigation" into the public e-mails by a republican think tank?

Do you have a spine? Or should we wait for an investigative panel to tell us. Any day now

Good god man, calm down. If Comey does not recommend indictment, I will fully accept that there is not enough evidence to prosecute. If he were to say "the FBI investigation is being interfered with and I'm resigning", on the other hand, I'd be pretty miffed (as should any American).

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Hillary was never going to be indicted, she's always had Comey & Lynch fit snugly in her pocket; I've been saying that since day 1.

----------------

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

How far does the Right-Wing conspiracy go? Even the State Department is in on it now? :ohdear:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
https://twitter.com/MorningEdition/status/751396043489681408

I can guarantee that some opportunistic assholes are going to try and spin this as a black-on-white hate crime. Truth is, we may never know his motives.

----------------

• Locked thread