Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
this games ending is bat poo poo crazy and now im here

time to catch up on 19 pages of quantum memechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
from the first god drat page

ApplesandOranges posted:

In addition, apparently someone worked out that Zero Time Dilemma can be unscrambled to 'Me, I'm Zero. I'm Delta.'.

this is fuycking briliiant holY gently caress

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
reading through and seeing all the little attention to detail like phi and Q being marked as alive after being born in the SigmaXDiana ending and poo poo just makes me want to scream UCHIKOSHIIIIIIII to the high heavens

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I am now reading the post-logs and I just put together that it was
Akane's dad falsely accused
Akan'e mom that killed herself, leaving Akane and Santa and
Sean's Doctor who got killed in the taxi

this game is REALLY good

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Dunno if you already knew, but it also heavily suggests that Mira is the one that killed Eric's Mother that Akane's Father is falsely accused of murdering, etc, etc.

That loving snail man...

oh yeah, forgot to put that at the start

so I think (plot holes aside) this game is like really friggin good. For me its a close second to VLR for best in the series but it is pretty much better than 999 and i can't wait to replay through all 3 when they get re-released

my weekend is kind of free-ish so I might throw together a whole post of just the timeline of events and poo poo if it hasn't already been done

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
hang on wait a second, do Mira and Eric kill Sean AND Delta with the grenade launcher in the study? I'm just trying to think of timelines where its announced Q is killed but Delta is left alive. I don't even remember seeing him or his wheelchair in that ending, what happened?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also on shower vote scenes is he nowhere to be found and don't they call Sean. Q because i'm fairly certain that happened?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So how many copies did they sell in the US

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So for those of us who want to actually experience the Ever17 stuff is there just no way to do it outside of :filez:?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Sigma's timeline is this
Get knocked out at college
Get shifted into virtues last reward
Do vlr
Get shifted back in time to ztd
Do ztd, get arms blown off
Get replacements, bang Diana on the moon
Do science sorcery
Set up vlr
Shift back into young body
Live life?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

FrickenMoron posted:

The core was by far the worst room, it is made up entirely of hidden object poo poo. The transporter room is the polar opposite where everything is a goddamn logic puzzle, and a really tough one too in that case.

The only problem I remember having with the transporter room was it took me fifteen minutes and a YouTube video where I watched someone do all the poo poo I just did to find out I had to click on the nucleus and finish it there. That and I remember having a lot of trouble with the card selection when it was first introduced

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also he had to invent whatever the gently caress that cloning thing was to make the radical6 cure copies

He also had to master like quantum physics and other sciences and poo poo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Needs to have a "Life is Simply Unfair" when the milk spills

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
How much for the watch

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think my biggest problem with the game overall was the way dialogue skipping worked. I tend to read dialogue faster than it's spoken in games so I usually click through the dialogue at a fast pace. I did this in this game only to have to go back through the log and read everything because sometimes multiple lines would be skipped with one click(zero's speech is the biggest offender of this). It was fine in other games but this time they changed it to have lines grouped up for whatever reason and it really bugged me

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

this is true art

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wow. Also, what happens to Eric and Mira, was Mira "cured" from her psychpathness? Or does she continue to be a serial killer?

idk if you missed them or not but you unlock some epilogue files after you clear the game. you should read them for a very limited amount of ~closure~

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

technically, if Sean knows everything, why doesn't he just point everything out at the beginning?

because when you're the weird kid with a fish bowl for a head and you start talking about alternate timelines and the crippled man in the wheelchair mind hacking everyone, you're gonna get lmfao'd outta the facility

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
im like vaguely interested in how people are doing these. is there like some sort of weird rear end model maker software for this poo poo or did somebody make some good sfm models

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Akane and sigma had memories from ztd in vlr

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

irlZaphod posted:

The next Fire Emblem should delete your save if you lose a unit in battle

smh if youre too casual to not buy a new cartridge everytime you lose a character

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

I just realized we're going to get the elevator scene voiced.

God bless uchikoshi for writing that scene and making this port happen

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yeah 999 is going to be very weird to see considering a huge part of that game is the fact two screens are actually two different timelines/characters and the 9/q/kyuu thing

also how late it comes out in Q1 2017 is going to be spooky because the next 3-4 months is STACKED with games releases and I want the game to sell well

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

exploding mummy posted:

Life is simply unfair.

It's no use, you were born a shitter

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm very curious about what twist you're talking about because having played the game I honestly have no idea.

There are a few and a lot of the little hints that the game have towards Delta's existence gave me the same experience. Q being marked as alive after phi and Delta are born in the teleporter ending was one for me. But there are definitely some good twists it's just the really big one (q=Delta=brother) is kinda deflated due to the fact that you get the teleporter ending before you can get that reveal but there was some pretty important stuff in the reveal scene that yeah you needed to have the teleporter ending to know about.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if team C's near constant gently caress ups is good enough to place it above 999. If we judge ZTD off of purely everything except for like 90% of team q and ignore the ending then I think what between twins ending Carlos's brilliant loving time Leaps into the rescue squad instead of leaping to before dcon and therefore being utterly useless (again) then the game is definitely better than 999. Unfortunately Team Q blows and the ending blows harder

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 6, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

Original 999 is the best game

The second half of vlr would like a word

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

carlos wacky dimension travels is fun but gotta agree with this, everything else kinda fell flat

like i said before

Luna Was Here posted:

I don't know if team C's near constant gently caress ups is good enough to place it above 999. If we judge ZTD off of everything except for like 90% of team q and ignore the ending then I think what between twins ending and Carlos's brilliant loving time Leaps into the rescue squad instead of leaping to before dcon and therefore being utterly useless (again) then the game is definitely better than 999. Unfortunately Team Q blows and the ending blows harder

This is my full opinion of it. IF Team Q didn't loving suck rear end and IF the ending wasn't a bit of a wet fart then I think I could place it above 999. Aside from Team Q sucking poo poo the rest of the story scenes and dialogue of the characters is great even if the story gets really bizarre on some ends (im :catstare:'ing at you Twins) and the only other real problem I had with the game was that there was no final puzzle but when you compare it to literally just a sudoku puzzle I feel like the overall quality of the puzzles was better in ZTD than in 999. IMO there was only one tedious puzzle (the shower room where you have to like flip the water and the electricty on and off and poo poo just to like turn around or whatever got really grating but its nowhere near as bad as the visual mess as the engine room from 999 or either of the puzzles where you had to plot the course of the ship that took forever to input). I think most people's actual rankings (hot take joke rankings don't count here!!!) is something like ZTD>999>>>>>>>>>VLR, 999 is definitely better than ZTD but it's borderline better in that it's worst parts aren't as bad as ZTD's worst parts. It's a shame that VLR is honestly just so loving good because if ZTD and VLR's qualities were swapped then having the series end on such a good loving game would have been amazing, shame that this one got bogged down with the whole "might not actually get made so let's just sorta do what we can for it!"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

It's no use, you were born a shitter

why is this not the thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

this thread is fuckin artwork sometimes