Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I wish I had the drive to look up the people wanting Dan Henderson to fight Bisping and then also trash the idea of Anderson rematching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

-Atom- posted:

I wish I had the drive to look up the people wanting Dan Henderson to fight Bisping and then also trash the idea of Anderson rematching.

Dan Henderson has won 2 of his last 3 while Anderson Silva has lost 2 of his last 3. Chris Weidman lost his last fight and Jacare has won 2 of his last 3 as well. One of those wins was over Chris Camozzi so from a pure contendership perspective Dan is the clear choice.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Dan Henderson is coming off a win and has a high profile knockout of Bisping, Anderson Silva is coming off a loss, to Bisping. If you need help determining why any other matches aren't equivalent, please let me know.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
drat kids will never know what it was like when the title fights went to the guy who was best at cycling off

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Lesnars totally on roids right

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I tried doing the eye test and I got a boner (when his chest came into view)

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

He's probably been on tons of roids at various points in his career but he's been tested five times since Lesnar/Hunt was announced so at the moment he's not on any more than anyone else.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

He's probably been on tons of roids at various points in his career but he's been tested five times since Lesnar/Hunt was announced so at the moment he's not on any more than anyone else.

I heard on local espn sports radio he got a 4 month exemption for this fight and said IM a white boy and I'm Jacked, Deal with it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

I heard on local espn sports radio he got a 4 month exemption for this fight and said IM a white boy and I'm Jacked, Deal with it.

The "four month exemption" is that he didn't get tested until he got signed to the UFC for a fight, and he didn't get signed until like two days till they announced it. Like I said, in the month or so since he got signed he's been tested five times already.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fatherdog posted:

The "four month exemption" is that he didn't get tested until he got signed to the UFC for a fight, and he didn't get signed until like two days till they announced it. Like I said, in the month or so since he got signed he's been tested five times already.

I'm assuming WWE's resident Dr. Nick conjured up some sort of prescription regimen to get this granted?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He's probably been on special magic steroids that can't be detected that only pro wrestlers know about, for the last 20 years. That makes more sense than any other option. Occam's Razor.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It's gonna be funny when the year end UFC is headlined by Hendo vs Silva II or Bisping vs Silva II

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Work Friend Keven posted:

He's probably been on special magic steroids that can't be detected that only pro wrestlers know about, for the last 20 years. That makes more sense than any other option. Occam's Razor.

you could really shorten this to "Wellness Policy"

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Haha its so loving cool and er, just funny to me is all, when the big nord youth punched a black mans lips big. Wow just funny is all. I'm just thinking of laughs.

drat, I was having fun laughing at the fighter with a horrible personality get beat up. I guess since he is black I am not allowed to laugh at it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fozzy The Bear posted:

drat, I was having fun laughing at the fighter with a horrible personality get beat up. I guess since he is black I am not allowed to laugh at it.

lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Oh so I guess I'm somehow not allowed to laugh at a guy getting his lips puffed up really big and laughing at his big puffy lips and making monkey sounds and throwing a banana and saying things like monkey want a banana just because he's black? whatever. Typical PC culture millennial entitlement.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

oh drat - quick keven time to pull out the irreverent non-sequitur multi-hit combo to save face

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
just a second too late

Oh so I guess I'm somehow not allowed to laugh at a guy getting his lips puffed up really big and laughing at his big puffy lips and making monkey sounds and throwing a banana and saying things like monkey want a banana just because he's black? whatever. Typical PC culture millennial entitlement.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

origami posted:

just a second too late

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please ban this racist. We do not need people like this on the forum.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Byolante posted:

In answer to the question in the spoilers, I quote Rampage as saying 'I don't get black eyes because I'm black'

I assumed that the reason I was finding it difficult to find pictures of the two best fighters in the world being beaten up was that they were the two best fighters in the world.

Any confirmation on Bisping's first title defense?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stop calling Anderson Silva "Andy" because it makes me think that you guys are talking about an Andy Wang title shot and I can't handle so much hype.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Memento posted:

I assumed that the reason I was finding it difficult to find pictures of the two best fighters in the world being beaten up was that they were the two best fighters in the world.

Any confirmation on Bisping's first title defense?

It's going to be Dan Henderson in the ruins of Westminster Parliament.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:yarg:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dan Henderson is going to knock out Michael Bisping and absorb that terrible island as a 51st state god bless

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

[looks at the Pound]

I don't think you'd take us.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
anderson mate, you don't wanna be using the metrolink now

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Bundt Cake posted:

I tried doing the eye test and I got a boner (when his chest came into view)

Even if he's not on now, the muscle memory and biochemical changes he has accumulated as the result of years and years of high dose anabolics use is probably more than equivalent to the benefits one of the Something Awful posters would see while doing a "standard" regimen of some silly underdosed test/dianabol or whatever cycles

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Even if he's not on now, the muscle memory and biochemical changes he has accumulated as the result of years and years of high dose anabolics use is probably more than equivalent to the benefits one of the Something Awful posters would see while doing a "standard" regimen of some silly underdosed test/dianabol or whatever cycles

there was some research a couple of years ago (i think from norway?) which showed that mice given anabolic steroids for two weeks were still larger and had more nuclei than control after like 6 months. there's lots of problems in trying to extrapolate human lifespans from mouse data but if it's in the same ballpark then cheating pays long term dividends.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
People don't think about this, but if someone takes roids their whole life and becomes very jacked and sexy, even after they stop and lose some muscle and strength, as long as they can take enough testosterone (which at doses that just barely put you way above the norm won't be detected) to not have the hormone levels of a starving heroin addict they'll be able to put a lot of that muscle and strength back on/actually keep it because of the muscle memory they've built up.

The whole "but if you ever stop you'll lsoe all your muscles!!!" poo poo is just an exaggerated myth (within reason, obvi you can't 100% maintain the effects of a cycle when you come off) people scream as what is basically the Nietzscheian bad conscience equivalent of ascetic morality for those who lift weights and still look like poo poo.

It's probably really uplifting to believe that all those jerks who discovered the cheat codes to being hot and strong (without giving up all the nice things in life) will eventually have to delete their save and start over at level 1 with tiny penis, balls, and terrible squat form while you continue to make a solid upper limit 5 figgies reinstalling Windows 7 on the laptops of all the girls who wouldn't have been caught dead talking to the guy who thought it was super lulzy to wear a lime green tuxedo to their 'stag night' senior prom.
Like yeah maybe their back squat and competition bench 1rms will suffer but as long as their final form was within the body's natural athletic limit they'll be able to regain all the muscle that was lost going off cycle like 2 or 3x as fast as someone whose body had never built up the same degree of muscle memory and soft tissue strength

Eat Bum Zen fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 2, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I believe there's likely a mental aspect of it too. Say you've lifted 400lbs on PEDs, even if you no longer take PEDs, you know you can do that, you've done it in the past, you and your body both know it's not something that's impossible anymore. It's not a case of "I'll never be able to do this" it's a case of "I did this before, I was on the roids, but it's possible. I might be able to do it without if I keep doing this or that".

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Triticum Guzzler posted:

there was some research a couple of years ago (i think from norway?) which showed that mice given anabolic steroids for two weeks were still larger and had more nuclei than control after like 6 months. there's lots of problems in trying to extrapolate human lifespans from mouse data but if it's in the same ballpark then cheating pays long term dividends.

From what I've seen/personally experienced that's pretty much also consistently true in humans as long as they maintain a good diet and post cycle lifting program.

People don't realize that a disproportionate amount of the muscle loss after going off steroids is a consequence of the athlete totally abandoning their lifting regimen because they feel lovely and depressed about no longer getting super hard erections from a cool breeze and being unable to acquire a Sick Pump from talking on the phone for too long. It's really, really hard to go from making constant rapid progress even if you have a lovely diet and terrible lifting habits back to being a normal computer programmer with below average genetics, and a lot of guys never really recover even after their testosterone goes back to baseline.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Steroids rule

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I would like some human growth hormone

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Same.
I'd go full Vitor.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Saw this on Anderson's Instagram a couple minutes ago. It's an interesting read, if only for how much of a kick to the balls it is for all of us who grew up watching Silva strike and thought he would always be the GOAT. I remember Silva being the reason I switched from grappling to striking and mma, and seeing him beg Dana for a title shot against Michael Bisping, even though I have never felt so :3 during a ufc event as I did watching him hug his kids in the cage that night, is somehow incredibly sad.

at least hes been somebody though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

i think the 4 month exemption from testing while switching back over to ufc from wwe says something

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

i think the 4 month exemption from testing while switching back over to ufc from wwe says something

The only thing the "4 month exemption" says is "We just started negotiating this month and we want him on UFC 200."

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

fatherdog posted:

oh

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I do like the idea of some dude driving out to Froglick, Saskatchewan five times in a month to ask Brock Lesnar to piss in a cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Knowing how much of a hermit Brock is, I imagine he was really annoyed by the third time. Wouldn't really want to be the dude knocking on his door for the 5th time asking for a cup of his finest.

• Locked thread