Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/4/12046796/sage-northcutt-says-loss-to-bryan-barberena-was-a-fluke-would-ve

Sage is going down a dark, samba laden path

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

I'm going to travel back in time and spirit The Korean Zombie away with a kiss under the cover of darkness.

It might have been for the best that he got to take time off to heal up. I'm looking forward to his return.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Claudia looks like Erick Silva in drag and I mean that as a compliment

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

would have won if my throat wasn't so sore

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The last two episodes of tuf are worth watching. The first for seeing Dana act like a baby coward going down in the dunk tank, and the second for seeing Amanda Cooper struggle to make weight and then put on a dominant performance anyway.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

origami posted:

Claudia looks like Erick Silva in drag and I mean that as a compliment

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i believe him

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I thought it was a really bad gimmick.

making typos ironically is the sign of a great poster.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I.N.R.I posted:

i believe him

yea

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Sea level Cain is back, baby. https://www.instagram.com/p/BHawgkiAd9R/

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
I like how the Korean super boy is in touch with the common fighter, who also cannot do backflips after a 2 round match, or jump up and straddle the cage fence on their first try.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I looked up Takeru Kobayashi on Wikipedia during the Nathan's contest and lol at this

In 2012, Kobayashi appeared alongside close childhood friend, Joe Rogan, on a celebrity edition of Fear Factor.[citation needed]

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Dave posted:

Everytime I watch these videos this triggers me:

I'd like to say its intentional because the kerning between the 2-0 and 0-0 is a little off, the kerning is way different on the Y after the J-U-L, the 9 is sunken, ON appears to be in slight superscript, and the A is off in PAY. Basically gently caress ADOBE YOUR poo poo IS GARBAGE

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

EdRush posted:

I'd like to say its intentional because the kerning between the 2-0 and 0-0 is a little off, the kerning is way different on the Y after the J-U-L, the 9 is sunken, ON appears to be in slight superscript, and the A is off in PAY. Basically gently caress ADOBE YOUR poo poo IS GARBAGE

Agreed.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
sweet now that we're bagging on kerning it's just a few short years until one of us moves in with ozma

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looking forward to the first PSP Clerical Championship fightcard.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

sweet now that we're bagging on kerning it's just a few short years until one of us moves in with ozma

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

EdRush posted:

Nobody cares

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I just got out of the hospital from internal injuries from a car wreck and - no joke - have eleven different prescriptions to go through.

I'm probably high as a kite but I still manage to spell correctly.

But it doesn't really matter because I think I've only made one legit effort post in ten God drat years.

About TUF - I'm really torn about watching it. I don't want to believe it would make me suddenly dislike one of my favorite fighters...but it sounds like it would.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

CBC posted an interview with Jimmo's fiance in which among other things she summarizes the fatal incident:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ryan-jimmo-fiancee-interview-1.3662349

I feel kind of bad saying this, but this story sounds kind of weird to me. Someone who she describes as really into science and not religious, suddenly said 'I accept jesus let's get married', (I didn't hear anything about a ring, but whatever, not everyone does that), and then they get followed by random people and killed for random reasons an hour later, she doesn't have her phone and his is locked. Sure, maybe this really happened that way, but I am really curious as to what the full story is to this. There has to be more, and with what I read in this article, it doesn't exactly seem fishy per se, but....it still could be. Who knows, maybe I'm a dumb rear end in a top hat who is totally wrong, I'm just saying, I get a weird feeling reading this article.

quote:

On Saturday, June 25, they talked about religion. Reece is a woman of faith; Jimmo was more scientific. But that day, Jimmo told her he wanted to go to church with her the next day.

"He was awesome 'cause he was willing to meet me in the middle with that," said Reece.

"He said: 'Honey I believe in Jesus' and he pointed to his heart. To me, that was the biggest gift. That meant more than anything."

:what:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

empty whippet box posted:

I feel kind of bad saying this, but this story sounds kind of weird to me. Someone who she describes as really into science and not religious, suddenly said 'I accept jesus let's get married', (I didn't hear anything about a ring, but whatever, not everyone does that), and then they get followed by random people and killed for random reasons an hour later, she doesn't have her phone and his is locked. Sure, maybe this really happened that way, but I am really curious as to what the full story is to this. There has to be more, and with what I read in this article, it doesn't exactly seem fishy per se, but....it still could be. Who knows, maybe I'm a dumb rear end in a top hat who is totally wrong, I'm just saying, I get a weird feeling reading this article.

:what:

he wanted to have sex. what's the mystery here.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That part doesn't surprise me I suppose, it's just the random nature of the killing that does. Yeah, that happens in America, a lot, but I can't help but wonder exactly how random it was. It might genuinely have been the same dumb male aggression that causes shootings over stepping on someone's shoes at a club or something, I guess we won't know for a while, if ever.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
since the guy was arrested and charged with murder i imagine it won't take robert stack to get to the bottom of this one

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

lol

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
speaking of having sex, Mark Hunt and Brock Lesnar are gonna fight in a few days. I can't wait

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Can someone convince me that Cormier can beat Jones? Please. I want to live in a world of hope and justice.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

VagueRant posted:

Can someone convince me that Cormier can beat Jones? Please. I want to live in a world of hope and justice.

bisping knocked out luke rockhold in the first round and is currently the ufc middleweight champion

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Joanna is definitely coming across as way less likable than Gadelha on this season of TUF, and occasionally a sort of desperate bully type, but she's both selling a fight and trying to get in her opponent's head, so I'd imagine she'll be back to being fun and personable when she's not on a TV show where she's frequently getting embarrassed by her rival. Although I went from rooting for Joanna to wanting to see Gadelha beat her, I'll still be excited to see JJ fight pretty much anyone in her division.

As far as stuff that isn't coach drama, there's not a ton of huge personalities on the show, but the cast is unusually nice and well-meaning across the board, and despite there not being any Julian Lanes or Junie Brownings in there to stir poo poo up, there's been a couple of extra storylines in the house in the form of guys who were team mates pre-TUF having to fight early on, one fighter trying to work through some sort of injury, another getting an irate phone call and being threatened with divorce if they don't return home immediately, etc. No idea if the fighters will have much of a UFC career - I'd imagine the SW division could use some new blood, but a lot of them seem extremely inexperienced, with underdeveloped skillsets even for the women's divisions. If you're only thinking about watching it to see the funny and charming side of Joanna, then it's definitely a skip, but as far as TUF goes, it's totally watchable.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

VagueRant posted:

Jon Jones has never won a rematch

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Will the UFC give Jimmo a short moment of recognition you think?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

VagueRant posted:

cormier wants to win really bad and jon jones is a bad guy. that should be enough to get him the victory

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cormier can sure as gently caress beat Jones. He has zero fear of his death elbows and wading right into the clinch with him. It was shockingly fearless. He also hit Jones with some really good clinch shots. I felt like he won the second round and made the first competitive. It just seemed like for some reason he mentally quit after the second round, rather than being pumped up by it.

Jones also just fought OSP and couldn't loving finish him.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

That part doesn't surprise me I suppose, it's just the random nature of the killing that does. Yeah, that happens in America, a lot, but I can't help but wonder exactly how random it was. It might genuinely have been the same dumb male aggression that causes shootings over stepping on someone's shoes at a club or something, I guess we won't know for a while, if ever.

I mean youre getting one side of the story in the article, and there was obviously some kind of conflict, but im weighing that: 1) by all accounts Jimmo was a nice guy 2) the other guys were driving in a lifted pickup truck with flames on it 3) they purposely ran a guy over and instead of stopping, continued running him over and killed him 4) drove away leaving him to die instead of calling an ambulance 5) hid from the cops for a few days. That those guys are probably pieces of poo poo who wanted to kill someone rather than victims of circumstance

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

manyak posted:

I mean youre getting one side of the story in the article, and there was obviously some kind of conflict, but im weighing that: 1) by all accounts Jimmo was a nice guy 2) the other guys were driving in a lifted pickup truck with flames on it 3) they purposely ran a guy over and instead of stopping, continued running him over and killed him 4) drove away leaving him to die instead of calling an ambulance 5) hid from the cops for a few days. That those guys are probably pieces of poo poo who wanted to kill someone rather than victims of circumstance

Yeah, you're probably exactly right. This description is just utterly useless:

quote:

"It was kind of scary. There was something not right there and I didn't know what was going on. So Ryan, you know, got out to talk to them and they were not nice guys and Ryan came to get back in the car. And they said something else and he went back to talk with them."

That's when he was hit and the truck took off.

Of course, you're asking a woman grieving her fiance to give an account of his death, so you can't expect a lot. There's just no way to realistically visualize the situation with this description because it's too vague, despite the fact that it is probably exactly the truth. I'm just being impatient.

mewse
May 2, 2006

manyak posted:

Yeah the article is missing a reason why the shitheads started following Jimmo in their truck but that doesn't exonerate them

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

manyak posted:

"He shook my hand," said Reece. "He said: 'This is the No. 1 most important move you'll ever learn in your life. And if you learn how to do this move, you'll never have to fight in your life and you'll make friends wherever you go.'

That's pretty awesome. Jimmo always came off as such a nice guy. I'm never going to forget that line.

But I'm also never going to forget the image of his fiancee laying next to him telling him to fight after he had been run over. That is a loving haunting, scene to have in your mind. I'm not a vengeful type and believe in rehabilitation but I hope the fucker(s) that did this never see the outside of a prison until they croak.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Yeah, that happens in America, a lot, but I can't help but wonder exactly how random it was.

Good point -- it's virtually impossible to have happened as described since it was in Canada, land of only nice people.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kimbo305 posted:

Good point -- it's virtually impossible to have happened as described since it was in Canada, land of only nice people.

How the gently caress did I miss that. :pwn: Read the whole article, quoted it directly twice, got the location totally, completely wrong.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Alberta is Canada's America.

Here's the guy who was driving:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

loinworm might actually, literally kill you though

• Locked thread