Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
http://www.anthrocon.org/

June 30th to July 3rd

20th anniversary supposedly. Thats 20 years of stinking like musty piss.

quote:

ANTHROCON is the world's largest convention for those fascinated with anthropomorphics, which are humanlike animal characters such as have fascinated mankind since the dawn of human imagination. We are a collection of artists, animators, writers, costumers, puppeteers, and just everyday fans who enjoy cartoon animals and their kin. Membership is open to any and all who like to imagine what it would be like if animals could walk and talk as we do -- and no, you do not have to wear a costume to attend!

Oh they have atwitter feed too
https://twitter.com/anthrocon

Furries Return To Pittsburgh For 20th Anthrocon Convention
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/06/30/furries-return-to-pittsburgh-for-20th-anthrocon-convention/

quote:

The Westin Convention Center hotel even flies the Anthrocon flag, and local businesses like Fernando’s attract Anthrocons with signs, t-shirts, and special bowls, says co-owner Al Budak.

Delano: “You actually serve the food in a dog dish?”

Budak: “Yes, not everyone, but if they ask for it.”

Delano: “How many bowls do you go through during an Anthrocon convention?”

Budak: “A thousand. A thousand, easy.”

The White Dragon posted:

take lots of pictures ok op

Cant, dont live in US. Someone go and take pictures.

Verily I Shat fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
The end is nigh

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
take lots of pictures ok op

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fire mission acknowledged.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Assemble the strike package

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to bag me a cheetahman this year boys

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Assemble the strike package

What are monocles actually for? Why would you use one while hunting? Does it improve your aim, is it like a binocular? Are they glasses but only if you have one bad eye? Maybe they're just a fashion statement - are there prescription and nonprescription monocles?

Nevermind I will just Wikipedia.

E-

quote:

The monocle did, however, garner a following in the stylish lesbian circles of the earlier 20th century, with lesbians donning a monocle for effect

Two Free Toppings fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 1, 2016

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Anthrocon is pretty impressive just for the fact that they are able to gather 2000+ internet weirdos in one place without anything overly bad happening.

What's ur fursona OP

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reporting live asking me anything

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

paul_soccer10 posted:

reporting live asking me anything

so you wORK FROM HOME OP???

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
fur is piss

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
just imagine the smell of that convention room around midnight. drunk nerds who've been sweating all day in a fur suit. they haven't showered since last week and only apply deoderant after a shower.

just imagine.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

PromethiumX posted:

just imagine the smell of that convention room around midnight. drunk nerds who've been sweating all day in a fur suit. they haven't showered since last week and only apply deoderant after a shower.

just imagine.

Sounds like a goonmeet.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Pittsburgh deserves this

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

error1 posted:

Anthrocon is pretty impressive just for the fact that they are able to gather 2000+ internet weirdos in one place without anything overly bad happening.
There's always hope...

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

degenerates

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

Pittsburgh deserves this

Pittsburgh is good.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I work in the tradeshow industry and watching the reactions of 60yo teamsters to just a "normal" anime con is consistently pretty loving amusing, it is now a life goal to work a furry con someday to watch the guys bug out over that mess.

Don't worry, I will slather myself in hand sanitizer 24/7.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm going.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So stunning, brave and beautiful. God bless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0EuTLP-090

I'm coming.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

there are adults alive right now who never lived in a world without Anthrocon

i pray for them

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Verily I Shat posted:

Will do. Saturday.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Yes this is the new world we are living in, or americans atleast. Laughing my balls off here in europe. How did you guys get so hosed up?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Let's all go together,.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zombiepop posted:

Yes this is the new world we are living in, or americans atleast. Laughing my balls off here in europe. How did you guys get so hosed up?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
WHomever did the chlorine prank the other year was doing the lord's work

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

yeah but germany lost, and england ehhhhhh its england. You guys won!

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
germany was a mistake

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

sounds like a fun time, op

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Flagellum posted:

germany was a mistake

Much like Anime.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

First we register them, then we purge them.

TBH, I was thinking this thread was going to be about anthropology for a moment :(

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Haier posted:

TBH, I was thinking this thread was going to be about anthropology for a moment :(

lol where do you think you are?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Sounds hot

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Verily I Shat posted:

I work four blocks away from the convention center but I'm not going to go take pictures to mock them because that would be hosed up and wrong.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Ouch. :thurman:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nuke germany

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
http://somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=7241.0

Presented without comment

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

quote:

For the last few years, the Hilton sustained more damage during RainFurrest than it did from every other event at the Hilton the entire rest of the year. This doesn’t even include damage to guest rooms or other incidental wear and tear like the elevators.
This year’s incidents include two plumber calls, a flooded bathroom that soaked the offices underneath, towels stuffed into a hot tub pump, and multiple petty vandalisms and thefts. A final damage report is still being compiled.
We had to send three people to the hospital and call the police twice.
By Sunday morning of con this year, the hotel was so exasperated that they were threatening to evict attendees for single noise complaints.

JFC I don't even care if you want to dress in a fursuit and have weirdo sex but why you gotta be such douchebags? The hotel staff are people too.

Flooding soaking rooms underneath lol they're going to have to pull up the entire flooring to make sure it doesn't get moldy.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I only went to Antrocon once, with a girl I was dating at the time. She drew furry port for money. She made almost 3K in commissions. That's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Jenner posted:

I only went to Antrocon once, with a girl I was dating at the time. She drew furry port for money. She made almost 3K in commissions. That's my story.

Acceptable.

• Locked thread