Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Some Numbers posted:

NINETEEN loving INNINGS?!

Longest winning streak in Cleveland franchise history, which....covers a few years.

I mean, a ton of them were really bad years, but a lot of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/Evan3Longoria/status/749084083796467712

I still believe :smith:

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
N: Jose Fernandez with the game winning PH double in extras

V: He's good

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: https://twitter.com/AndrewSimonMLB/status/749088914296541187

V: It would be cool if he keep this up for like a month

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

A whole ton of dumb poo poo needed to happen in order for Ian Desmond to end up playing CF for the Rangers this year and I am glad all of it did

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Middle of the Braves game tonight, the broadcast team is reading some copy about some Twitter poll or whatever bullshit. Tim Hudson is in the booth. One of them says that reminds him of a little Q&A they did with some players about six years ago, when Hudson was a Brave -- which teammate you would want your daughter to date? "There were a few options, Brian McCann, Frenchy ... I think the winner was Bobby Cox."

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

A whole ton of dumb poo poo needed to happen in order for Ian Desmond to end up playing CF for the Rangers this year and I am glad all of it did

He's going to make a metric poo poo ton of money after this season

And I'm hoping the oil billionaires that own the Rangers decide to pay him just that

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

the Rockies' Cal-League A-ball team in Modesto made EIGHT errors in their game tonight and allowed THIRTEEN unearned runs. :stare:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hammel gave up 10 runs in another loss to the Mets. :psyduck: That's it, I'm calling it, the Cubs are finished. Wait 'til next season though. :smugdog:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I love you Brandon Nimmo.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Atomizer posted:

Hammel gave up 10 runs in another loss to the Mets. :psyduck: That's it, I'm calling it, the Cubs are finished. Wait 'til next season though. :smugdog:

Looks like Bad Hammel killed and ate Good Hammel.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Hey baby

:q:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

:nws: Jake Arrieta body issue pictures were featured on ESPN today.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page...body-issue-2016

:flashfap:

Sweet Jesus. :catstare::fh:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

bawfuls posted:

N: https://twitter.com/AndrewSimonMLB/status/749088914296541187

V: It would be cool if he keep this up for like a month

I was wondering why Norris from May/June on was a completely different pitcher from the guy who pitched the previous seven seasons and 1,000 innings. Long story short, lefties were killing him, he stopped throwing as many changes and two-seamers and picked up a wicked cutter.

How long can he keep performing like he did last night? Hopefully he can continue, because we need it. Especially right now, we need it.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Braves officially sign #1 International prospect Kevin Maitan.

That came out of nowhere*

*It was absolutely the worst kept secret

Double post: What is the Indians' record since Juan Uribe's testicles got obliterated?

Dingleberry Jones fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 2, 2016

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I for one hope the Mets win the World Series with Cespedes hitting and catching many many baseballs in extremely efficient manner, just so I don't feel like we ripped them off for Fulmer.

But I also want the Cubs to win the World Series.

And I guess I'd kinda like the Tigers to win it too.

Hm. This is a conundrum. :(

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ryan Goins has been placed on the 15 day dl with forearm tightness after making his major league pitching debut last night!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Reds going way over their pool to give $7m to what most people think is a light hitting plus glove 21 year old SS is another odd prospect decision. Not saying the guy won't be good but the FO certainly seems to have a different sense of valuation than the general consensus out there.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Tigers good again unless playing the Indians.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

VJeff posted:

I for one hope the Mets win the World Series with Cespedes hitting and catching many many baseballs in extremely efficient manner, just so I don't feel like we ripped them off for Fulmer.

But I also want the Cubs to win the World Series.

And I guess I'd kinda like the Tigers to win it too.

Hm. This is a conundrum. :(

The Correct Answer is "Cubs" but you're in luck now I guess because that'll happen Next Year.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

Dingleberry Jones posted:

Double post: What is the Indians' record since Juan Uribe's testicles got obliterated?
14-3 if you include the game where Uribe's testicle was sacrificed.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Atomizer posted:

Hammel gave up 10 runs in another loss to the Mets. :psyduck:

He was due to regress to being, you know, Hammel, but, Jesus. Five dingers. He was just throwing meatballs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Cubs literally have a losing record (10-11) since signing Chris Coghlan.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
https://twitter.com/SamBlum3/status/749278837645643778

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
N: https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/749107930545303552

https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/749113659461292032

V: Johnny Cueto is awesome.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The legend of Judas Iscariot The Bird lives

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

YeahTubaMike posted:

Sweet Jesus. :catstare::fh:

I feel like pitching completely naked must be a very off-putting experience.

Oh no, never have I gone from :smith: to laughing so hard so quickly.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

it would be really cool if the orioles could remember how to hit the ball again.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

I feel like pitching completely naked must be a very off-putting experience.

Yeah, seems like there'd be a lot of...moving parts. :geno:

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

loving shame, but I have to figure that's just what happens when you throw impossible pitches

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

VJeff posted:

The Mets gave up a pitcher with a high ceiling to strengthen their lineup so that they might make the postseason. They knew what they were doing, and it worked. They played in the World Series, and Cespedes was a huge part of the effort to get there. If the season ended today, the Mets would be an NL Wild Card. Cespedes is their best position player by a mile, even though his defensive value is clipped by playing center, where he's below-average, instead of left, where he's elite.

He's also kind of a folk hero who attracts colorful birds, and rides a horse to spring training.

It was a cool trade. Everyone won. Feel good.

e: below-average, not average

iKickDogs fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 2, 2016

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Yeah but the Tigers also flipped Cessa to get Justin Wilson who is basically a Hall of Famer so

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

A Popeye's establishment. :bencarson:

my morning jackass posted:

it would be really cool if the oriolesCubs could remember how to hit the ball again.

FTFM.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This is a man who had his ligaments cut out a month ago:

https://twitter.com/hankschulman/status/749407197705015296

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The Cubs are dead

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

GeneX posted:

The Cubs are dead

Already called it. :colbert:

:911:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cueto owns, Popeyes owns, Popeye the Beloved Dominican Pony owns.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rand alPaul posted:

Cueto owns, Popeyes owns, Popeye the Beloved Dominican Pony owns.

"owned." :rip:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's times like this I wish I still did the James Andrews Gif so that Popeye would be making an appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
I have cried twice in my life. Once when I was seven and was hit by a school bus. And then again when I heard that Popeye had passed.

• Locked thread