Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol like this would stop him and he wouldn't just invent increasingly elaborate disguises like Henry Sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
It's starting - very, very slowly - to sink into this chump's brain that he went too far.

https://twitter.com/zack_hample/status/750038900920446976

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"And at no point I thought to myself, 'maybe I should use my social media presence to find a military service person who actually deserves this ticket.'"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

shadok posted:

It's starting - very, very slowly - to sink into this chump's brain that he went too far.

https://twitter.com/zack_hample/status/750038900920446976

Nah, it hasn't sunk into his head. Only that he's getting blasted. He doesn't think he did anything illegal, except there were articles beforehand heavily suggesting that it was.

"Fayetteville Observer posted:

Hill said each ticket holder is required to sign documents pledging not to sell or give away their tickets and listing the family members they will bring with them.

If anyone is unable to attend, he said, tickets should be turned back in to Fort Bragg to be redistributed.

And

quote:

Fort Bragg officials are reminding would-be attendees that all tickets are nontransferable and not for sale.

Giving the tickets away, whether or not money changes hands, could lead to some spectators being removed from the ballpark and "repercussions" for the service member who originally owned the tickets, said Eric Hill, the recreation division chief for Fort Bragg's Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Nah, it hasn't sunk into his head. Only that he's getting blasted. He doesn't think he did anything illegal, except there were articles beforehand heavily suggesting that it was.

I'm not suggesting that he's in any way sorry, only that he's starting to realise that he might be in real trouble and that tweeting "lol I got rare ballz losers" might not have been the best idea.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Personally, I think the onus is more on the military dude who gave/sold Hample a ticket.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The guy is a weirdo but I just can't see why I should give any fraction of a gently caress about him going to that game

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

That loving sucks. Taillon seems pretty cool.

Unrelated: I have a couple of spare tickets to the Cubs/Reds game on Wednesday. PM me if interested.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The guy is a weirdo but I just can't see why I should give any fraction of a gently caress about him going to that game

As a means to keep his rear end confined to minor league games from here on out

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This specific game isn't worth getting mad over, but he's robbed a good 5000+ kids of baseballs and that makes him a huge rear end in a top hat

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marlins blew a 6 run lead and lost to the Mets....not exactly what you want to be doing if you think you're making a serious playoff push

What? Thats peak Marlins right there, don't let those world series teams fool you.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
N: http://twitter.com/FresnoGrizzlies/status/750171235930091520

V: I reeeeeeeeealy hope Bregman can play 3B.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

As I was listening to the Cubs game I thought that Jeff Garlin in the booth added some decent color commentary, in that he always had something to say and there weren't any awkward silences during boring moments of the game, but by the end of that holy poo poo did I want him to shut the gently caress up. :psyduck:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

hifi posted:

Lol ryan braun. THere's no piss test or chain of custody for batting out of order you bugeyed brendan fraser looking dickhead

Personally I always thought he looked more like a white version of Kid from Kid 'n' Play.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Atomizer posted:

As I was listening to the Cubs game I thought that Jeff Garlin in the booth added some decent color commentary, in that he always had something to say and there weren't any awkward silences during boring moments of the game, but by the end of that holy poo poo did I want him to shut the gently caress up. :psyduck:

Even an ultimate professional like Pat Hughes was making off-hand comments about how annoying he was (not in so many words, but you could read between the lines) an inning after he left the booth.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

He's a shortstop so probably

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Retail Slave posted:

Even an ultimate professional like Pat Hughes was making off-hand comments about how annoying he was (not in so many words, but you could read between the lines) an inning after he left the booth.

Yeah, it probably didn't help that Jeff wouldn't stop doing his Pat Hughes "impersonation" which was less of an "impersonation" and more like "just annoying." I could sense that Jim & Len were getting annoyed with Jeff as well; he just kept going and going and they were reluctant to respond because they knew it would encourage him.

That reminds me though: whenever I watch clips from other teams I'm always struck by how much better I like JD & Len over any other team's announcers. They either have annoying voices, or are too old-timey (it sounds like they're broadcasting via time machine 50 years in the past), or are just obnoxious in general. I don't even like listening to the Cubs radio broadcasts. :shrug:

Like watch the beginning of this: http://m.mlb.com/video/v896506483/7416-mlbcom-fastcast-mets-win-fifth-straight-game/ "...a two-run double..." shut the gently caress up! :rolleyes:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dewayne Staats sounds and looks like he just stepped out of 1978.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dewayne Staats sounds and looks like he just stepped out of 1978.

Helluva name for a baseball commentator though. :eyepop:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Atomizer posted:

Helluva name for a baseball commentator though. :eyepop:

The combo of Dewayne Staats and Brian "BA" Anderson! :haw:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

The combo of Dewayne Staats and Brian "BA" Anderson! :haw:

... and with the home team putting up another W in the books, I'm bidding you a good night on behalf of our technical engineer Lance Vorpulus and Gerald Maddox-Fippula - he's our locker room reporter, and as always a big thanks to Rick Baverstock, Ivan Oldham and Bruce Peterson for running the board back at the Indianapolis Broadcast Booth.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Antifreeze Head posted:

... and with the home team putting up another W in the books, I'm bidding you a good night on behalf of our technical engineer Lance Vorpulus and Gerald Maddox-Fippula - he's our locker room reporter, and as always a big thanks to Rick Baverstock, Ivan Oldham and Bruce Peterson for running the board back at the Indianapolis Broadcast Booth.

Even better, the team's director of communications has been a guy named Rick Vaughn for as long as I can remember.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

He's a shortstop so probably

I don't know why they'd have Bregman at 3B and Correa at SS unless it's a seniority thing though

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

In "can the All-Star break just get here already" news, Jordan Zimmermann and Daniel Norris both go on the DL. This is fine.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rangers calling up Jose LeClerc to pitch out of the pen. He throws a weird-rear end pitch nobody really understands but is apparently a change that cuts glove side. I am irrationally excited to see it

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ice To Meet You posted:

In "can the All-Star break just get here already" news, Jordan Zimmermann and Daniel Norris both go on the DL. This is fine.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Rangers calling up Jose LeClerc to pitch out of the pen. He throws a weird-rear end pitch nobody really understands but is apparently a change that cuts glove side. I am irrationally excited to see it
But is it as mysteriously good as ~the gyroball~

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Marlins Man is taking Hample apart on Twitter. It's wonderful.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He says that if Hample doesn't come clean by 6 he'll post proof that he bought a ticket and was snuck into the stadium. :lol:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

davecrazy posted:

Marlins Man is taking Hample apart on Twitter. It's wonderful.

Holy poo poo I officially renounce all poo poo I've ever given Marlins Man

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Luigi Thirty posted:

He says that if Hample doesn't come clean by 6 he'll post proof that he bought a ticket and was snuck into the stadium. :lol:

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh my god if marlins man gets hample banned from mlb stadiums i'll laugh myself to death

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I want everyone involved in this mess to be banned from the MLB.

This includes the Marlins and the Braves.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
In Jays news, it sounds like the prohibitive favourite for the AL Cy, Marco Estrada, is probably going to miss his next start and be replaced Drew Hutchison. One of the beat writers were saying that the team is delaying putting Estrada on the DL so he can be named to the All Star team first.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hand Knit posted:

In Jays news, it sounds like the prohibitive favourite for the AL Cy, Marco Estrada, is probably going to miss his next start and be replaced Drew Hutchison. One of the beat writers were saying that the team is delaying putting Estrada on the DL so he can be named to the All Star team first.

Supposedly the MRI didn't show any actual damage so hopefully he just needs some cortisone and some rest.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
You gotta be making GBS threads me.

Jung Ho Kang is under investigation for drugging and raping a woman the last time they were in Chicago.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Jesus loving christ

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

But is it as mysteriously good as ~the gyroball~

It's more weird than good, but I've never seen a pitch like it and that's enough for me. He throws a regular changeup too for some reason

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
So Chris Coghlan was the hero all along?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jose Oquendo posted:

You gotta be making GBS threads me.

Jung Ho Kang is under investigation for drugging and raping a woman the last time they were in Chicago.

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-jung-ho-kang-accused-sexual-assault-in-chicago-20160705-story.html

• Locked thread