Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

http://www.thedailystar.net/country/live-gulshan-hostage-crisis-1248955

quote:

So far, several people including foreign nationals are said to be held hostage inside a restaurant in Gulshan diplomatic zone. At least 30 people including policemen have been shot.

Our correspondent Shaheen Mollah is reporting LIVE from the spot.

11:02pm: Cops preparing for a counter offensive. They are gearing up with bulletproof vests, helmets and firearms at the moment.

11:00pm: Cops have retreated in face of indiscriminate firing and bomb blasts.

According to intelligence gathered by our correspondent at spot, about five assailants entered one Holey Artisan Bakery restaurant on Road 79 and opened gunfire around 9:20pm.

About 8-10 assailants, armed with pistols, swords and bombs took the chef of Holey Artisan Bakery hostage around 8:45pm, said Sumon Reza, a kitchen staff, who managed to escape.

According to him, the assailants shouted “Allah hu Akbar” before blasting several bombs.

Don't worry though these guys have got it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

imo the bad guys should not have shot all those people

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Would rolling terrorist attacks be the terrorists curling up into a ball and rolling themselves at people, or them rolling past in pimped out rides, baller style?

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Have they killed the white male trump supporter behind the attack?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Sunswipe posted:

Would rolling terrorist attacks be the terrorists curling up into a ball and rolling themselves at people, or them rolling past in pimped out rides, baller style?

:lurkmore:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
There is a rolling terrorist or two in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Photo taken from Internet

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Another isolated incident involving the religion of peace

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

oh dope posted:

There is a rolling terrorist or two in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I

Thirty seconds in and already laughing. I love when people blow themselves up with RPG exhaust.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
What country is this in i dont know nothing about no Gulshan is that the bad guy in warcraft movie

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Had to look it up myself. Bangladesh.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
Lets blame christians and the crusades

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Build a dome, nuke the world.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Royals you forgot to blame Christianity and the crusades. Please edit your post. TIA

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

totally not an apologist posted:

Your knowledge of world history only extends to about the 90's. Just because christianity isn't enacting their version of sharia law in this current decade doesn't nullify the past 2000 years. Look at fanatics in every sect of the abrahamic religions and they are all abhorrent so it's laughable when christians see these news articles and attempt to wag their finger at them from some supposed moral high ground. Have you read the loving bible ever?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Death to... America?

That doesn't seem right.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

xe posted:

Dude shoots up an abortion clinic but god forbid anyone calls that Christian terrorism, that's not the narrative we are selling.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I hope everyone dies.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
How can this happen when guns and bombs are illegal there?????

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

xe posted:

Sorry to burst your bubble but again, Jesus was a Zealot which was a terrorist organization fighting Roman rule and Christianity was all about fighting the Romans off until Constantine converted and convened councils to put an 'official' Bible out and that's why the Romans were so worried about stamping it out and that's why it spread like wildfire in the empire.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

oh cool I can do this too

Robot Pride posted:

The US is quickly becoming a country where the news only cares about people killed in the name of islam and ignores the daily death toll by christians against homosexuals in christian bastions like central and south america and africa because, you know, Leviticus, the loving word of the lord.

Yaaay let's just empty quote out of context things from a previous thread we're good posters!

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Gulshan appears to be in Dhaka. It is in Bangladesh. Is anyone surprised about this at all? Nope.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

but lets not forget posted:

Christian majority nations are making progress but let's not forget that sodomy laws are still on the books in most jurisdictions including the uniform code of military justice. So, technically, same sex intercourse is still illegal in almost all of the US.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
I like the way you think, a rolling thread would be efficient. Terror attack megathread.

And yeah, Western media is probably pretty biased in its reporting.
But so whatsup in bangladesh? I dont know poo poo about it, except sweatshops.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Move all terrorism threads to CSPAM

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

600 years posted:

Maybe islam is just going through the same growing pains that christianity went through since it's christianity's little brother 600 years younger. Remember when christianity was islam's current age? Yeah, it was as bad if not worse by far. Makes u think.

But, seriously, they're all so bad with their ridiculous mythology that it's laughable.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Haier posted:

Gulshan appears to be in Dhaka. It is in Bangladesh. Is anyone surprised about this at all? Nope.

Nah Bangladesh sucks, I had the same reaction haha.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Hello thread,

Did I just... am I in yesterday? This feels so familiar.

Seriously, we don't need to cross-pollinate the idiocy of the Turkey thread with others.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
islamic goldem ages? lol muslims cant build a city that doesnt dump their poo poo out in the middle of the desert. its in the koran

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
how does this affect me again?

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

how does this affect me again?

This is your fault

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Up to 60 hostages taken in the "diplomatic" zone. So people will die from multiple countries.
Lots of people dead.
They shouted Allah Ackbar.

What do you have to say Royal?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
If you're referring to me I think Islam sucks, religious fanatics are idiots, and extremists of any kind probably need to die because whatever ideology has poisoned their mind shouldn't be allowed to spread.

But also that applies to people getting their knickers in a twist about bathrooms and abortion and whatever and kidnapping teens to put them in gay conversion abuse camps.

I also am a bit sick of the fact that the USA has to patrol the world's trade routes because no one else wants to do it but then everyone gets pissed at us for being 'the world police' well great protect your own dumbass container ships going around the horn of Africa then and when you can't don't come bitch to us about your trade money.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Just assume that for all future deliberate mass murders of civilians ITT, I pointed out that the 2nd Amendment is at fault but Islam is blameless.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
let's keep a running score of muslim terrorisms versus mass shootings and take bets to which will win at the end of the year

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Zombiepop posted:

But so whatsup in bangladesh? I dont know poo poo about it, except sweatshops.

It used to be called East Pakistan.

quote:

Islam is the largest religion of Bangladesh, the Muslim population is approximately 148.6 million, which is the fourth largest Muslim population in the world (after Indonesia, Pakistan and India), constituting 90.4% of the total population as of 2011.

Sharia law is normal there, despite (I believe) not being the legal system of the country. It's one of the poorest countries in Asia and outside the poo poo hole that is Dhaka it is a rural redneck nightmare full of illiterate Muslims.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Haier posted:

It's one of the poorest countries in Asia and outside the poo poo hole that is Dhaka it is a rural redneck nightmare full of illiterate Muslims.

Shocking.

It's easy to blame the West for this but honestly the government leaders in those countries are just as culpable if not more so at this point. Like sure the Brits hosed you up 100 years ago but uh come on guys at some point get your poo poo together.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You just compare a terrorist attack to the bathroom nonsense.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Prorat posted:

You just compare a terrorist attack to the bathroom nonsense.

No I didn't, I just said I hate extremists of any kind because they are morons.

e: buh I'm just getting my taint reaped aren't I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Yer a real bad poster, Roy. But we need bad posters.

• Locked thread