Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
On my tablet, so no table image. The Rapids are still on top, and that's all you need to know.

National broadcasts not on MLS Live in the US

July 1
Chicago vs. San Jose (UniMás)
Real Salt Lake vs. D.C. United (UniMás)

July 3
NYCFC vs. RBNY (ESPN)
Sporting Kansas City vs. Columbus (FS1)

July 8
Orlando City vs. Houston (UniMás)
San Jose vs. Dallas (UniMás)

July 9
Seattle vs. Los Angeles (ESPN)

July 10
RBNY vs. Portland (ESPN2)
Sporting Kansas City vs. NYCFC (FS1)

July 15
Los Angeles vs. Houston (UniMás)

July 17
Portland vs. Seattle (Fox)
Montreal vs. NYCFC (ESPN)
Philadelphia vs. RBNY (FS1)

July 22
Real Salt Lake vs. San Jose (UniMás)

July 23
Portland vs. Los Angeles (ESPN)

July 24
RBNY vs. NYCFC (Fox)
Sporting Kansas City vs. Seattle (ESPN)

July 28
MLS All-Stars vs. Arsenal (ESPN)

July 31
Sporting Kansas City vs. Portland (Fox)
Seattle vs. Los Angeles (ESPN)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Nice breezy summer evening here in Toyota Park where the Fire will take on the other team named after a disaster the San Jose earthquakes.

The fire recently beat the crew in us open play this week and will take on 2nd division side fort Lauderdale strikers in the quarter final of the only thing worth playing for the men in red.

I haven't been paying attention to San Jose but I think I read they have some guys out so maybe the Fire could ride the momentum from the open cup win and get three points in league play.

Oh yeah we have a new guy coming in but he won't be here until the next game and we finally got rid of one other guy which means we got some space to get a new DP which might be Torres or one of the main Polish guys from the Euros whose name is a long name that I am too lazy to copy and paste into this post. Also we are on top of the allocation table so the League will have to make a new rule to try to mess with us once again.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Go Quakes. Boo Fire.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
In the 58th of play the Fire got one in the net, 1-0 Fire.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
John Goossens is cool and good and dutch apparently

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm not posting because I think i might jinx this somehow

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Paddyb posted:

I'm not posting because I think i might jinx this somehow

Hey it worked as the Fire wins 1-0 and has back to back wins which is a really rare thing these days. Also they replace the free milk with free ice coffee.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Amazing, get all the Dutch guys in.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Oh yeah forgot to add there also a fireworks show too. Nice after a win.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Bill Hamid for America.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So tonight the Seattle "noted garbagemen" Sounders and Toronto "all their good players are hurt" FC are playing a game.

If you predicted 0 shots on target for either team at the half, you win a cookie.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
An hour later and I STILL don't know what Brad Knighton was thinking tackling Piatti in the box like that. He's lucky to have only gotten a yellow for it (well the yellow and also conceding the game-winning penalty, details details).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Heart you Jordan Morris

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
To my other Colorado brethren, what happens with MacMath with Howard stepping in on the 4th?

I understand why we signed Howard but I thought MacMath had been playing well recently.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
#3 and #4 in the East
Hopefully Red Bulls can pull another 7-0

I have to say I really like this morning MLS. We need more early games.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The Yankee Stadium camera angle is so bad. Imagine having to be a fan of garbage team nycfc and having to watch all your home games like this.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Clever play from 2nd base, but the keeper should've done better.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bad goal I'm not worried though

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Seltzer posted:

Bad goal I'm not worried though

How 'bout now?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Seltzer posted:

The Yankee Stadium camera angle is so bad. Imagine having to be a fan of garbage team nycfc and having to watch all your home games like this.
Please, trigger warning

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Dirty Chub posted:

To my other Colorado brethren, what happens with MacMath with Howard stepping in on the 4th?

I understand why we signed Howard but I thought MacMath had been playing well recently.

Hopefully he works it out so he gets sold to someone who will use him. Otherwise he's riding the bench.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

How 'bout now?

Still not worried

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Some epic finger tappage on the anthem tonight in Colorado

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
For fucks sake, shut that car up!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
COL-POR was boring as gently caress

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Sky blue, water wet, 2+2=4, and

https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/750180126101495808

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It was nice of him to get suspended before the Seattle match so he doesn't kill anybody on my team.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

It was nice of him to get suspended before the Seattle match so he doesn't kill anybody on my team.

Based on how far from the ball he looked in that view, I'd be surprised if he was back after just the Seattle game. I wonder if Portland will do anything retaliatory against him the next time they play.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

Riven posted:

Hopefully he works it out so he gets sold to someone who will use him. Otherwise he's riding the bench.

There were rumors he was being sold to an Israeli club, but that's not going to happen now. According to the rumors.

whypick1 posted:

COL-POR was boring as gently caress

Yup. Ugly game that the Rapids probably should have done better in but Portland probably should have won as they looked more dangerous. Kinda surprised Watts wasn't called for a penalty at...whenever that was when he and Adi tangled in the box. A point is a point I guess, but it means the Rapids have slipped from their 2 points per game. Disappointing.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 5, 2016

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I unironically hope LA is forced to use one of their DP slots on De Jong next season because this will force them to have another bad European on their roster preventing them from signing someone actually good.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

I unironically hope LA is forced to use one of their DP slots on De Jong next season because this will force them to have another bad European on their roster preventing them from signing someone actually good.

They'll just get an extra DP added to the rules.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

Except he hasn't been a bad European signing. As a matter of fact, most of our European signings tend to pan out.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Jack2142 posted:

IIRC, he only has to miss five more games to avoid that clause of his deal, and at this rate he will probably rack up enough suspensions to manage that on his own without any Galaxy-Brand Shenanigans.

(I have nothing much else to say about that game: sky blue, water wet, 2+2=4, Galaxy actually pretty good when they want to be, Vancouver can't finish.)

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Hungryjack posted:

They'll just get an extra DP added to the rules.

This also helps Seattle so I am fine benefiting from LA twisting the rules. Although we whiffed on Valdez this last season (that still hurts)

Tigren posted:

Except he hasn't been a bad European signing. As a matter of fact, most of our European signings tend to pan out.

De Jong isn't a DP right now so you can't gauge him on whether he would be worth the slot. Right now in games he doesn't seem any better than other much cheaper midfielders in the MLS and age plus stupid suspensions will mean he will miss plenty of games.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

This also helps Seattle so I am fine benefiting from LA twisting the rules. Although we whiffed on Valdez this last season (that still hurts)

De Jong isn't a DP right now so you can't gauge him on whether he would be worth the slot. Right now in games he doesn't seem any better than other much cheaper midfielders in the MLS and age plus stupid suspensions will mean he will miss plenty of games.

Oh, we're only talking about European DPs? David Beckham helped us win two Cups and two Shields while Robbie Keane will go down as one of the best players ever in MLS. I don't imagine Nigel will be able to replicate their successes, but he's still been a great addition to the team.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Tigren posted:

Oh, we're only talking about European DPs? David Beckham helped us win two Cups and two Shields while Robbie Keane will go down as one of the best players ever in MLS. I don't imagine Nigel will be able to replicate their successes, but he's still been a great addition to the team.

I'm not denying LA has made great DP signings... I just don't really think DeJong would be one of them.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Hey Vancouver fans! I'll be invading your fair city with all of two other Rapids fans for the July 9 game. If anyone wants to get together to exchange beers and disrespect colors let me know. If anyone who has been to Vancouver for a game has suggestions for a good place to get a pre-game beer let me know.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
DC's center backs are slow and awkward, more at 11.

kami
Feb 10, 2004

GATTACA!!
GATTACA!!

joshtothemaxx posted:

DC's center backs are slow and awkward, more at 11.
2 penalties converted and 1 more potentially uncalled. DC's back line is lead footed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

#Seattle

• Locked thread