Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Also acceptable: capes, elf ear prosthetics

I just saw a man in his mid-20s dressed in a heavy duster jacket and a wide brim hat, mid-summer, with a plain overstretched tee shirt, lovely faded jeans and nasty old sneakers. It's something nerdy guys do that I never understood, in that they are clearly trying to affect some kind of bad mother fucker look but only commit to it in the most half-assed way possible.

It made me think of the kid in high school that wore an Elven cloak to school. This was right around the time the LOTR movies were in full swing, so I'm pretty certain he bought it at the ren fair and wore it to school in 70° weather. I've heard similar stories of That Kid, so I'm sure every school had at least one dollar store Legolas per generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
nope

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
yeah, op. I remember you back in high school. You coming to the reunion?

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
We had a guy who wore an overkimono with the kiregana "aku" on the back.

He's married with children now. I dunno.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

can't say i have, OP

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Doomtalker posted:

What the gently caress does any of that mean

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I had a lot of sex with my school's cloakgirl. She was a renfaire dweeb and I often made fun of her by calling her Dracula all the time. I really don't know why she was willing to have sex with me in the first place considering I was mean.

E: dodged a bullet too as after we stopped loving she got huuuuge.

Steve Youngblood
Mar 19, 2007

***Hollywood Cobbler***

It's good luck if you find one all grown up! http://www.qj.net/qjnet/nintendo-ds/link-is-digging-up-rupees-in-seattle-washington.html

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I'll tell you when you're older. Also when I finally pull out

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Honky Dong Country posted:

I had a lot of sex with my school's cloakgirl. She was a renfaire dweeb and I often made fun of her by calling her Dracula all the time. I really don't know why she was willing to have sex with me in the first place considering I was mean.

sympathetic ritual magic yer seed is now a poisoned well

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

He really liked Samurai Jack.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I know a 33 year old man who adores Linux, hails Eris (fnord!) and wears a cloak all the time.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Shaquin posted:

sympathetic ritual magic yer seed is now a poisoned well

Well she's a terrible magic person then because apparently it took two years of sex?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I don't have any kids

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

We had a kid try to wear a jedi robe brown bathrobe on May 4th my senior year but they told him not to wear it anymore. He read Star Wars Jedi Apprentice books every morning and tried to bite me when I invited him to sit with us because we wanted to figure out what the hell was wrong with him.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Ape Fist posted:

I know a 33 year old man who adores Linux, hails Eris (fnord!) and wears a cloak all the time.

gently caress

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Doomtalker posted:

Sounds like you're talking about yourself. I think you're the guy that used to wear a kimono like you were some kind of karate badass despite being white and obese.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I did, I disowned my son however so I no longer have or take responsibility for you OP.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

subhuman filth posted:

gently caress

Discordia is the original G dorkus maximus 'religion' and you know you loving with someone whose oldschool when they profess it. Their triggers usually involve insulting Richard Stallman.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah and I wear it while loving ur mom OP

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

If he were over 40 it would have been endearing

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

There was a kid that wore a black trench coat that ran down the hall during passing period, squeaked instead of talking, and smelled like hell. This was pre-trenchcoat mafia days.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I had a guy that wore a fox tail.

There was another guy who did actually wear the trench coat.

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010
I did, he hissed at me from his lair underneath the stairs when I walked by unexpectedly during lunch. I assume he ate alone everyday, but if you are hiss at strangers weird that comes with the territory I guess.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

There was a kid that wore a black trench coat that ran down the hall during passing period, squeaked instead of talking, and smelled like hell. This was pre-trenchcoat mafia days.
one of my friends wore a trenchcoat in high school and i tried to talk him out of it, to no avail

i think he still wears it now that he's in college come to think of it

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Festus The Fetus posted:

I did, he hissed at me from his lair underneath the stairs when I walked by unexpectedly during lunch. I assume he ate alone everyday, but if you are hiss at strangers weird that comes with the territory I guess.

i had a friend who was a hisser and i wanted to loving murder him and now he is actually normal and has a hot wife and i post on gbs

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

There was one at my school who always wore a gas mask. Or maybe I didn't recognize him without it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If you think your school didn't have a kid who wore a cloak to school, you were the kid who wore a cloak to school.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
A kid at my High school wore a fedore 2 sizes too big, and some 3d plastic glasses over his real glasses.

Dude was one of those spastics that couldn't keep his hands to himself.

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
No but I got a really ultra nerdy kid to draw me a picture of an elven ranger (to be fair, he was awesome at drawing) and when he finished it I was very pleased with the results, then I turned around and one of the cool girls had a look of absolute disgust on her twisted face

His best friend always kept salad dressing in his desk, his other friend was named Ashton and had to put some weird green dye in his hosed up ears.
Memories

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yes. There was also a kid who bought extra long shoelaces and crisscrossed them up his lower leg to make his sweatpants look Narutoy

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbN9TZqFcg

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
We had a cloak kid at our school. He also wore Lucia's pendant that came with the Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete box set. My secret shame was actually knowing what that pendant was from. :negative:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

There was one guy who'd wear his ren-faire costume to school in the days leading up the ren-faire. One chick wore a cape but she killed herself sophomore year and wasn't a problem anymore.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

It was me, but I'm fairly cool now if we can overlook the goon part.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
This one dude wore a cape and thought he was smarter than everyone. Pretty sure he never amounted to anything.

Whereas I never showed up to class and got high on coke and weed and now live a comfortable middle class existence. Check and mate cloak kid who thought you were better than the rest of us.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Despite all my rage I am still just a man in a cape...

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Had some goth kids that did. Also had a theater girl who wore a cape everyday.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
Yeah, but it was me. Not joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i never wore anything special but i like to think that i was dumb enough to make up the difference. i was such a stupid teenager that even as a stupid adult i still look amazing by comparison.

• Locked thread