Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

THE PWNER posted:

Honestly just outlaw any party other than the big 3, this is hosed

The vote bleed is really bizarre. PUP has taken a slamming and One Nation has polled disturbingly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lolie posted:

The vote bleed is really bizarre. PUP has taken a slamming and One Nation has polled disturbingly well.

They're predicting 2 One Nation senators for QLD. It's nuts.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Lolie posted:

One Nation has the Brexit Climate on its side, incoming revival and coup by 2022

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Much as I'd like to see a hung Parliament, the cross benches are starting to worry me. It will be interesting to see if current trends continue when they start counting the pre-poll votes in half an hour.

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.
I'd be chuckling about the high number of votes for "Other" in Queensland if it didn't mean the massive likelihood of Pauline Hanson getting a Senate seat. God DAMMIT Queensland.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Woden posted:

Why is the media going so nuts about democracy sausages this time around anyway?

Because people will read any old garbage. Like you (YEAH YOU) just read my post.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

God Bless Johnny posted:

I'd be chuckling about the high number of votes for "Other" in Queensland if it didn't mean the massive likelihood of Pauline Hanson getting a Senate seat. God DAMMIT Queensland.

South Australia has gone nuts. Big swings away from both major parties.

Linda Burney has won Barton, which is pretty awesome no matter which major party you support.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jul 2, 2016

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Good luck Aussie mates.

(No idea 'bout Australian politics, but hope the result is what the sane people want).

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

spud posted:

Good luck Aussie mates.

(No idea 'bout Australian politics, but hope the result is what the sane people want).

It's going to be a lovely few years no matter what, but we'll survive.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

looks like there's gonna be a hung parliament, sounds sexy

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
LNP just won 8 straight seats, gg confirmed

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

Lolie posted:

South Australia has gone nuts. Big swings away from both major parties.

Linda Burney has won Barton, which is pretty awesome no matter which major party you support.

That is good news. Also I would take Xeno over Hanson any day, I grew up in Ipswich and am sick of this woman's face. Her sense of entitlement regarding her place in politics is boundless, boundless I say.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Is ABC playing a joke, why is Palmer's United party the 5th party they show by default when they got 186 votes nationally

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

God Bless Johnny posted:

That is good news. Also I would take Xeno over Hanson any day, I grew up in Ipswich and am sick of this woman's face. Her sense of entitlement regarding her place in politics is boundless, boundless I say.

Xeno is a very unfortunate name for a politician of any race or sex if they are anti immigration.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
69 - 63
LNP ALP

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

old giant hands turnbull

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The gently caress is going on with the Greens? I seriously expected them to have more than one seat by this stage.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

cool it looks like the "turn back the boats" party is going to win it all again. extremely good poo poo

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Hell yes voted and got my sanga, mustard ftw get hosed lolie

Had to vote for swanny tho made me sick.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Y-Hat posted:

cool it looks like the "turn back the boats" party is going to win it all again. extremely good poo poo

They're both "turn back the boats" parties. Labor supported turning back the boats in return for the promise of a plebiscite on gay marriage.

Coalition needs 4 more seats for a majority government. 9 seats currently unpredicted.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 2, 2016

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
remember when kevin rudd got elected, refused to do anything, got outed by his own party, then revealed that he was actually really cool and was just being a oval office to stay on the party line? i think that was when we were condemed to 100 years of lNP

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Lolie posted:

They're both "turn back the boats" parties. Labor supported turning back the votes in return for the promise of a plebiscite on gay marriage.
ah australian labor is just as lacking in conviction as the democrats and british labour. gotta love the english speaking world

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

THE PWNER posted:

remember when kevin rudd got elected, refused to do anything, got outed by his own party, then revealed that he was actually really cool and was just being a oval office to stay on the party line? i think that was when we were condemed to 100 years of lNP

Nah, Labor relying on the "anyone but Tony" factor for so long was a huge mistake, too. This is a close result and it would have been a lot closer if the Labor party hadn't been invisible for most of the last 3 years.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
I think its funny that kevin rudd is universally hated by labor yet he was the one that kicked johnny out of power, a seemingly impossible task for a decade.

Weird that he managed to keep the union faction at bay for as long as he did.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Robbie Fowler posted:

I think its funny that kevin rudd is universally hated by labor yet he was the one that kicked johnny out of power, a seemingly impossible task for a decade.

he would win the election in a landslide with the image he's cultivated for himself, too bad next election we'll have Some Guy #323223 instead

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

did that dominionist Rise Up Australia party win anything

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

spud posted:

Xeno is a very unfortunate name for a politician of any race or sex if they are anti immigration.

Sorry I meant Xenophon, as in the ancient Greek historian. He loves a photo op and he hates poker machines more than immigrants.

And yes Labor is relying on the illegal immigrant hate vote as much as the Coalition.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Y-Hat posted:

did that dominionist Rise Up Australia party win anything

isn't that the party that was formed because its leader said god came to her after a bushfire and told her the bushfire was punishment for abortion being legal

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Robbie Fowler posted:

It was all those Sunrise appearances. People literally voted for him on the strength of those weekly appearances.

Everyone voting for loony parties in the Senate is really starting to worry me now. If the Coalition wins majority government, we really, really need a hostile Senate.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 2, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

THE PWNER posted:

isn't that the party that was formed because its leader said god came to her after a bushfire and told her the bushfire was punishment for abortion being legal
probably, i know that it's far-right and christian inspired (hence "dominionist," idk if that's strictly meant to be an american term but it certainly works here)

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

God Bless Johnny posted:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
mike kellys winnig eden monaro. Hes a very large man

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
hey useless greens how about u form the Unholy Alliance with labor instead of being useless, so we never have to deal with this again

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

THE PWNER posted:

hey useless greens how about u form the Unholy Alliance with labor instead of being useless, so we never have to deal with this again

Greens have got one seat. It wouldn't make a difference.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Isaac posted:

mike kellys winnig eden monaro. Hes a very large man

i expected him to have a really deep mascuiline voice because of that mustache but i was very disappointed to find out he sounds like an ordinary bloke

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
When are we gonna get to the senate

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Lolie posted:

Greens have got one seat. It wouldn't make a difference.

it would sway votes if labor was instead called Glabor

God Bless Johnny
Dec 20, 2012

Have a cup of tea.

Was it in her maiden speech where she said Australia should leave the UN? The entertainment value is not worth seeing her face all the time. I will not talk about her any more, it just makes her more powerful god DAMMIT QUEENSLAND

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Every year, more and more utter wankers on the pick-list. Who the gently caress voted for Derryn Hinch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

When are we gonna get to the senate

They're saying weeks for the final result.

• Locked thread