Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
he was trying to take a photograph and fell off a cliff. you might be shocked to find he ignored and bypassed a security cordon to reach the ultimate photo op spot.

quote:

He was posing for a mid-leap photo when he fell off Machu Picchu mountain, which overlooks the ancient Incan citadel of the same name.

By the time rescuers reached the tourist about an hour and a half later, the man was dead, Mestas said. His body was removed from the mountainside and taken by train to a morgue in Cusco on Thursday night

-- Washington Post

that sounds like a really sweet photo at least - mid-leap ?? wowzers. i guess you could say he did it for the gram :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
drat nice too bad he didnt get snapped up by an alligator after he fell haha

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i only are about people falling off cruise ships op try again

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
live hard die young imo

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They never release the last selfies and it loving sucks, russian dashcams can only get me hard for so long

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
move over guns. i think we know what the real killer is in america.

(it's stupidity)

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
machu my drat pichu op

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
looks like this young man will never be the "head" of a major corporation.. . ?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
y'all are being incredibly insensitive so far this is a pretty serious subject matter. think of all the likes that photo would have gotten. they'll never get to see the light of day it's so unfair i can't stand it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Zzulu posted:

live hard die young imo

his dumb rear end was 51 lmao should have fuckin known better

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
He jumped into the air, and not realizing it was International Cartoon Day, the earth rotated under him slightly so that he was over a crevasse when he came down.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
at least he died doing what he loved :shrug:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

wasn't there another german tourist recently that boiled to death after falling into a hot spring at yellowstone? they always go out into death valley and other deserts and die of dehydration and poo poo as well. some ubermenschen :rolleyes:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

dsf posted:

looks like this young man will never be the "head" of a major corporation.. . ?

for a while, he was the head of a major rock formation

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's a photogenic ledge of death in norway too I think, people take a photo and die

Zorodius posted:

for a while, he was the head of a major rock formation

lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Blue Train posted:

wasn't there another german tourist recently that boiled to death after falling into a hot spring at yellowstone? they always go out into death valley and other deserts and die of dehydration and poo poo as well. some ubermenschen :rolleyes:

pretty sure that guy was from portland, oregon

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

Portland, full of the kind of people who drive Subarus and get dissolved in acid.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

were the photos good thats quite an op (as they say in the business, not op lol)

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
How else are his facebook friends supposed to know how much he loving loves travelling?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Blue Train posted:

Every year they come here to Phoenix in July, when natives are trying to leave the goddamn place, and every year they try to hike Camelback Mountain at noon and every year one of them dies. Goddamn Germans.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

looks like he peaked

cnut
May 3, 2016

I fell off Machu Picchu last year. The climb back to the top is a bitch, not surprising he chose to die instead.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Note to dumbass people with cameras: everything on earth has already been covered. Next time download images of the web.

You are no Ansel Adams.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

basement jihadist posted:

were the photos good thats quite an op (as they say in the business, not op lol)

he wasnt even able to take the photo, he lost his balance handing his camera to a bystander and fell

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Maybe don't go into restricted areas with warnings posted that you might die, otherwise you'll probably die. Simple solutions to simple problems.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

he wasnt even able to take the photo, he lost his balance handing his camera to a bystander and fell

free camera

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

nice i wonder what other pics he had on there

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
gesundheit

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
the thing that stuck to me about that acid dude was how the cops trying to sift through it for body parts said they gave up due to the "futility" of it all. can you imagine how bad it must have been just like blood soup

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
i actually don't know how this is possible, was he on drugs? why would you jump backwards right at the edge lmao

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
it's not like he's going to remember it

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

thathonkey posted:

Portland, Germany, same thing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
imagine going on an expensive family vacation all the way to peru to see machu picchu, you spend hours painstakingly ascending all the way to the top of the mountain ... only to have to see some other dumbass breaking the rules and killing himself and causing a huge commotion

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
They should put a filter on it and post it on instagram, sounds like an inspirational photo imo

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

thathonkey posted:

imagine going on an expensive family vacation all the way to peru to see machu picchu, you spend hours painstakingly ascending all the way to the top of the mountain ... only to have to see some other dumbass breaking the rules and killing himself and causing a huge commotion

good, tourism is perverse neocolonialism

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
I am shocked, shocked and appalled, that this dude was not chinese

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thathonkey posted:

drat he cant do anything right

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Parallax Scroll posted:

drat he cant do anything right

He seems pretty good at dying prematurely....you can only do that once though, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

lmao holy shittttttt :cripes:

my generation, ladies and gentlemen

• Locked thread