Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I remember back in the day when I would think to myself, "Boy, I'll NEVER be like my Mom." Especially when she used to wear a sarong sans underwear around the house when my friends were over, and to my horror had it fall open a couple of times while she was sitting/getting up. But the other day I found myself throwing on some loose PJ shorts with no underwear in a rush to get a bottle ready for the baby, and later wondering if I'd just given the entire household a glance at my crotch while I got off the couch a'la my Mother. UGH.

What are things you catch yourself doing now that having you stopping and thinking, "I've become my Mother/Father"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I guess I yell at my mom a lot

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i gently caress my mom

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Balding and have aquired a taste for sherry

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
i drink like my father

that is to say a lot

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to die unloved in a nursing home

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
My dad told me I "must've been the milkman's kid" just yesterday. So I don't think we are much alike.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Being able to watch one of those tabloid shows like Entertainment Tonight and not having a goddamn clue who anyone is unless they've died.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
fart without caring if anyone heard/smelled it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
anxious mess, just like mama taught me

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
since I don't yet have kids to send long emails to telling them how disappointing they are I just drink too much and cry about how my life is in shambles

also I stay up until 4 am playing video games and sleep until noon on weekends just like my dad

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i breastfeed now

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We'll I'm almost dad, mom's still waiting in fridge to vbecome

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

social vegan posted:

i breastfeed now

he was ... feeding on her breasts

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i abandoned my kids in a denny's p lot

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
my mom was 24 when she gave birst to me. I'm 27 and never hosed

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
My dad used to wear a paper thin striped robe, and as far as I know has never worn underwear a day in his life. I refer to my adolescent years as The Boxer Rebellion.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm fag like dad

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
pretty sure my dad pissed away most of his money gambling. i do the same; was up 2k yesterday and left with nothing. this just means I'm due though.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kuato posted:

pretty sure my dad pissed away most of his money gambling. i do the same; was up 2k yesterday and left with nothing. this just means I'm due though.

should've double down

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

socially awkward and sadbrains so just like both of em

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i have a gay son who didn't amount 2 anything but was raised by flapjacks alone in a denny's p lot

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Friendly Humour posted:

I'm fag like dad

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

social vegan posted:

i have a gay son who didn't amount 2 anything but was raised by flapjacks alone in a denny's p lot

I call him Flappy J. Jr.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I'm an alcoholic

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
I'm also pretty gay, but i don't have the closeted self-loathing down.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I don't have any mannerisms like my mom or dad. I get told all the time that the doctors must've given my mom the wrong baby at the hospital.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
My dad did the Calvin's dad thing where he'd tell me and my siblings freaky, often horrifying bullshit when we were young enough to believe it. He now does this to his grandkids.

I don't do that. But dangit, when my nephews ask me a question the first answer that flits into my mind is always along those lines and I have to stop myself from saying something inappropriate. It's the only time I have a quick wit and I can't use it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i am basically a miniature version of my dad when it comes to his mannerisms and traits

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

symbolic posted:

i am basically a miniature version of my dad when it comes to his mannerisms and traits

goondolences for yourt tiny dick then

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Friendly Humour posted:

goondolences for yourt tiny dick then
how do you know my father's penis is small

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

symbolic posted:

ask him where he goes on thursday evening

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

symbolic posted:

Friendly Humour posted:

I'm fag like dad

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
A week or so ago I talked to an older cousin who I hadn't seen in 20 years, over the telephone. She said "talking to you is so weird, because your cadence is an exact mixture of your mother and your uncle", which I found interesting.

Unfortunately it's my crazy uncle Barry.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

symbolic posted:

He's really good at knowing. They call his rectum nature's yardstick

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I drink and ignore my kids and I read a lot.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well when im dead ill be like my dad

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Drunk in early afternoon firing various firearms into the air in the backyard while wearing short shorts and blasting the Talking Heads. I have a legacy to uphold.

Eonwe posted:

Lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eonwe posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
im like God the Father bc i'm into magick and spells and hooo baby do i have a temper

i'm like Big George my Father bc i'm a happy Drunk who does it with older women who were "rode hard and put away wet" as my Pappa always said, also i am dead inside and he is dead inside ANd outside so i'm catchin up

I'm like Vroom my Mother bc i recently started to enjoy bodice rippers lately and i want to be hosed by a ghost

• Locked thread